HASLER ... fighting to keep his job.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This is up there with when people want to punt DCE (not the $ discussion)

For those who want him gone tell me who is your realistic replacement. I am not saying Bellamey as there is no chance he would come here

Who do you replace him with that would be better? If there is not a compelling case for a replacement why would you make a change?

Also the press conference this morning was very much about support Des

There’s no way we need to rip it apart and start again.

We are short a damaging prop , and maybe another good solid prop.

We are short a strike centre , although not many of those out there anyway.

We are banking on a kid to be a 5/8, a kid who has been playing in the forwards this year , and recently not at all.

And we are now short on a Hooker.

Oh , and a really good , modern game assistant coach that can run the attack and defence leaving the man management and game plans to the head coach.
I read from someone on Twitter who's right much of the time, that we're looking to buy a prop and a centre and Brad Parker is being moved on. If it hadn't been from this guy I never would have believed Parker because I thought he was a Dessie favourite. As always with this stuff, make of it what you will.

In his latest tenure:

+ 2nd worst defensive record ever measured over 20 matches in the history of the sport.

+ 2nd longest losing streak ever recorded in Sea Eagles history.

+ Worst ever floggings at the hands of The Dragons / Roosters for our club

+ An unparalleled exodus of players seeking an early release (and other players leaving)

+ 0 marquee talent being drawn to the club

+ Some of the worst behaviours by a group of players I've ever witnessed in the sport (they are running the asylum)).

+ Unprecedented comments by past players (supported by current players) around his team selections on social media

+ Since 2017, has had a .400 winning record, putting him statistically on a roller coaster down the aggregated coaches rankings through history

+ Juniors situation a debacle. When Segeyaro stated Des hadn't even spoken to him about what was required, that should have indicated red flags

+ Made the finals 2 years of his last 5
We have 3 Marquee players .... TOM, DCE and Jake .... the fact that they are Manly juniors and didn't have to be "attracted" ... doesn't change the fact that they had to be negotiated and signed ..
And not to mention the fact the owners have nothing to do whether they are wealthy enough to compete

You like the current state of affairs mate? Piss weak and soft on the field, an embarrassment off it. If that makes me Zorba, then I'll wear it as a badge of honour.

Lastly he's cringeworthy in interviews now. I struggle to watch
Yes we now seem like the dogs the last two years he was there

Boring in attack and players don't seem to be motivated

This is up there with when people want to punt DCE (not the $ discussion)

For those who want him gone tell me who is your realistic replacement. I am not saying Bellamey as there is no chance he would come here

Who do you replace him with that would be better? If there is not a compelling case for a replacement why would you make a change?

Also the press conference this morning was very much about support Des

That brains trust would be pushing for Potter or maybe even Kimmorley.

There is no one better, (and I never wanted him back) Ill be happy if he is still in charge in 2030.

Last edited:
Let’s hope the first sentence of your post stands strong and Tony starts repairing our once proud club. I guess only time will tell, because looking from the outside in at the moment, it isn’t pretty and I have the feeling it’s worse on the inside.

Re the replacement coach statement, I guess we will get to see how Ciraldo goes at the dogs next year, at least they are moving on from the mess Des left behind and from that other useless twat that did his best to destroy our club. The Dogs have invested heavily in their recruitment, head of footy and now a new coach, if I was a fan, at least I could sense the club was moving mountains to make a difference.
What you say about the Dogs is correct; they are throwing money at the problem and it has already started to bear fruit. The Dogs, however, have a financial juggernaut behind them and are able to buy their way to successful on-field results. While the salary cap is supposed to keep everything equal we all know that the bigger clubs offer inducements to players and coaches outside the cap that our Penns can't, or won't, match.
I fear that the longer our club is owned by the Penns the harder it will become to be successful on the field. We haven't been able to attract a marquee player for years and I put this down to the fact that our owners are not wealthy enough to compete.
We have 3 Marquee players .... TOM, DCE and Jake .... the fact that they are Manly juniors and didn't have to be "attracted" ... doesn't change the fact that they had to be negotiated and signed ..
All three were in the Manly system as youngsters. Turbo and Jurbo would take unders to stay here. DCE was a rookie when he started playing in the Manly junior ranks. All have grown into marquee players whilst here. The DCE backflip re-signing is still having an impact on our cap so I wouldn't be holding that up as a negotiation masterstroke.
The last top class player I can remember signing was Kapow. That was 5-6 years ago. Walker was before then (going on my memory) but he wasn't wanted at Souffs for off-field indiscretions.
In recent years we've signed reasonable First Graders: The Lawman, Bully, Davey, Al... Promising players Sandwich (top recruitment marks there), Keppie, Saab, Tippytoes.
Next season we have Kelpi (sic), Roach?

Jake is not, and not supposed to be, a marquee player, yet is paid as one, Tom is, when available, as for DCE, sure, he may be getting 10-15% more than he should be, but that's the club's fault.
Over 300 games in almost 12 seasons, that's where he stands out.

Oh that's smart. pay Dessie out and bring in another mercenary. Trent is free, I'm convinced he will be better than last time. Let's try the back to the future approach!.

Dessie is nowhere near the problem here:

How about:

Apathetic players - I can name at least 7
Players who make selfish and destructive decisions (not alleged any more)
Manly executive branch (in some cases)
COVID
Manly marketing
The NRL
NRL marketing
The State Government
The salary crap
Player agents
The FOX commentary team
The NINE commentary team
Trent Barrett
Ben Cummins
Sean Keppie
DCE (if you are in that camp)
Manly fitness coaches
The stadium plans
Western Sydney teams (for sucking money into swamps)
Referees in general
Turbos injuries

There you go, that's 21 problems ahead of Des, and I am certain the Manly scholars around here could add another 50 before Des is in play.

NYEagle

All three were in the Manly system as youngsters. Turbo and Jurbo would take unders to stay here. DCE was a rookie when he started playing in the Manly junior ranks. All have grown into marquee players whilst here. The DCE backflip re-signing is still having an impact on our cap so I wouldn't be holding that up as a negotiation masterstroke.
The last top class player I can remember signing was Kapow. That was 5-6 years ago. Walker was before then (going on my memory) but he wasn't wanted at Souffs for off-field indiscretions.
In recent years we've signed reasonable First Graders: The Lawman, Bully, Davey, Al... Promising players Sandwich (top recruitment marks there), Keppie, Saab, Tippytoes.
Next season we have Kelpi (sic), Roach?

My point was ... at roughly a million each ... you can only have so many marquee players regardless of where they originate from .... if we didn't have the turbo's and DCE we would have to have gone to the market ... but we did ... and we didn't have to. ..

The fact is we're spending too much money on a few players. Especially ones who sit on the bench more than they play. Others who are just related to that player & ones who go headless every other game. Forwards apart from perhaps one or two who wouldn't get a start in many other clubs. Pathetic management who divide our players with ill thought out schemes to get the gay dollar... Nightmare of a place to coach..

I'm a fan of Des but to be point blank honest, I think he needs assistance in the modern game.
IF he accepts another voice is the problem, I reckon he could do well to have another voice from other angles adding input on the "speed" of the modern game, as we are well off the pace.
And I refer to both attack and defence....maybe a quality player who been involved more recently on the field - someone like Cronk could work well.
But would get be prepared to entertain another view? P
Didn't the Dogs try to buy or marquee players the Turbos
That's why we've shelled out so much to keep them here

So after we lost Tom the scores have been:

(L) 28-8 v Storm at AAMI park not surprising

(W) 44-12 v Warriors

(W) 4-30 v Tigers

(L) 26-28 v Cowboys

(W) 36-30 v Storm

(W) 42-12 v Knights

(L) 20-6 v Dragons

(L) 10-20 v Roosters

(L) 20-36 v Eels

Bit of a mixed bag of results and the last 3 weeks have had a number of off field distractions whilst on field we have players carrying injuries. Attack hasn’t been a problem overall, even without Tom we can rack up points. Where we have let ourselves down is defence.

I personally don’t see Des going anywhere as there are very limited options out there and we haven’t had our superstar player for a majority of the last 3 seasons. We are a couple of players short and we have had some players Koula and Tuipulotu that are in their first season.

Hopefully we find the missing pieces and add a couple of support staff for Des and all will be fine again.

I doubt any coach could have done better with the Jersey and Manase fiasco over the last couple of weeks. Feels like Des has been here there and everywhere with no CEO to boot.

This year may be cooked but next yr will be better as it’s an odd numbered year which have been the better seasons since Des has come back :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8