HASLER ... fighting to keep his job.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm a fan of Des but to be point blank honest, I think he needs assistance in the modern game.
IF he accepts another voice is the problem, I reckon he could do well to have another voice from other angles adding input on the "speed" of the modern game, as we are well off the pace.
And I refer to both attack and defence....maybe a quality player who been involved more recently on the field - someone like Cronk could work well.
I remember something like this last season when they were talking about Paul Green of all people, to come and act in a Gus kind of role with Des. This was met with a sly grin and gritted teeth from Des when told of this.

I am a fan a stability.

Sacking and changing coaches is bs under our circumstances. Our best player, and by a mile, hasnt played since round 11.

How many of the following do we win with Tom?

Round 11 Parra 22-20
Round 15 Cows 28-26
Round 20 Goons 20-6
Round 21 Roosters 20-10
Round 22 Parra 36-20

I am a fan a stability.

Sacking and changing coaches is bs under our circumstances. Our best player, and by a mile, hasnt played since round 11.

Round 11 Parra 22-20
Round 15 Cows 28-26
Round 20 Goons 20-6
Round 21 Roosters 20-10
Round 22 Parra 36-20
Most you would say , and then this wouldn’t even be a discussion point.

Let’s hope the first sentence of your post stands strong and Tony starts repairing our once proud club. I guess only time will tell, because looking from the outside in at the moment, it isn’t pretty and I have the feeling it’s worse on the inside.

Re the replacement coach statement, I guess we will get to see how Ciraldo goes at the dogs next year, at least they are moving on from the mess Des left behind and from that other useless twat that did his best to destroy our club. The Dogs have invested heavily in their recruitment, head of footy and now a new coach, if I was a fan, at least I could sense the club was moving mountains to make a difference.
What you say about the Dogs is correct; they are throwing money at the problem and it has already started to bear fruit. The Dogs, however, have a financial juggernaut behind them and are able to buy their way to successful on-field results. While the salary cap is supposed to keep everything equal we all know that the bigger clubs offer inducements to players and coaches outside the cap that our Penns can't, or won't, match.
I fear that the longer our club is owned by the Penns the harder it will become to be successful on the field. We haven't been able to attract a marquee player for years and I put this down to the fact that our owners are not wealthy enough to compete.

Honest question mate, why are.you making an excuse for absolutely anything and everything ? Do you WANT change here ? We ARE playing the last.placrd Titans, and I think it'll be a bloody close game tbh.

I've just listed (in a round about way):
Fainu, Taufua, Taupau, Green, Kelly, Cust, AFB (and there would have been more), and your response to AFB requesting a release is that the club wanted it because of cap restraints ? Wow mate.

I know you love the club - VERY MUCH. Maybe Manase should have enlisted you as his counsel. By the time the court heard everyone's testimonies, they'd be sending Manase to England to receive his knighthood.
Not excuses at all, I just think there is a lot of hyperbole amd revisionist history on here that needs to be called out.

Silvertails for the most part is a highly emotional bunch.

Like for your releases, its easy to spin a narrative of 7 players are trying to flee a sinking ship but stepping back and looking at it objectively.

Fainu was and remains nowhere near first grade, Cust never really proved himself and we have first right of return Taufua wasnt going to play firsts again, Thompson had run his couse as has Taupau now.

Green at the time would have been handy for another season but was always a mercenary. Kelly was homesick and has proved easily replaceable and AFB was a loss.

So all of a sudden a unprecedented player exodus becomes we lost AFB.

We need changes and improvements but its not quite the gut job people are making out.

All just my views though

Last edited:
I am a fan a stability.

Round 11 Parra 22-20
Round 15 Cows 28-26
Round 20 Goons 20-6
Round 21 Roosters 20-10
Round 22 Parra 36-20
Probably same as Panthers, Roosters, Broncos in the first ten rounds. Who knows?

What you say about the Dogs is correct; they are throwing money at the problem and it has already started to bear fruit. The Dogs, however, have a financial juggernaut behind them and are able to buy their way to successful on-field results. While the salary cap is supposed to keep everything equal we all know that the bigger clubs offer inducements to players and coaches outside the cap that our Penns can't, or won't, match.
I fear that the longer our club is owned by the Penns the harder it will become to be successful on the field. We haven't been able to attract a marquee player for years and I put this down to the fact that our owners are not wealthy enough to compete.
They are wealthy enough but it’s just a play thing so they aren’t willing to throw bucket loads in to achieve what we as fans desire.

Hasler needs to finish this year well and start next year on fire or he could be replaced "
Firstly I want to say that I have a lot of respect , admiration and gratitude for what the great Des has over achieved for our Legendary club

Des has been one of the Manly greats that has made our club Great

Having said that , There is nothing great about a Manly team that cannot compete with a top 8 team all season and our proud Maroon and white colours lowered below the top 8 competition table and not be worthy to compete in the finals

In 2022 under the Great Des we have greatly regressed and Des does need to finish this year well and start next year and breath fire into our premiership winning aspirations because excuses since 2011 has not been bringing in results .

The moral of the Great Des Hasler extension story ....
There is nothing Great about missing the finals
There is nothing Great about making excuses for not achieving , Even the Manly Janitor at 4 Pines Park can do that
We are all accountable for the success and failure to our legendary club and we live and die by our results in a results driven business
Des needs to start getting results and make Manly Great once again . This is why we got him back and that is what he needs to do to keep his job

Not excuses at all, I just think there is a lot of hyperbole amd revisionist history on here that needs to be called out.

Silvertails for the most part is a highly emotional bunch.

Like for your releases, its easy to spin a narrative of 7 players are trying to flee a sinking ship but stepping back and looking at it objectively.

Fainu was and remains nowhere near first grade, Cust never really proved himself and we have first right of return Taufua wasnt going to play firsts again, Thompson had run his couse as has Taupau now.

Green at the time would have been handy for another season but was always a mercenary. Kelly was homesick and has proved easily replaceable and AFB was a loss.

So all of a sudden a unprecedented player exodus becomes we lost AFB.

We need changes and improvements but its not quite the gut job people are making out.

All just my views though
There’s no way we need to rip it apart and start again.

We are short a damaging prop , and maybe another good solid prop.

We are short a strike centre , although not many of those out there anyway.

We are banking on a kid to be a 5/8, a kid who has been playing in the forwards this year , and recently not at all.

And we are now short on a Hooker.

Oh , and a really good , modern game assistant coach that can run the attack and defence leaving the man management and game plans to the head coach.

In his latest tenure:

+ 2nd worst defensive record ever measured over 20 matches in the history of the sport.

+ 2nd longest losing streak ever recorded in Sea Eagles history.

+ Worst ever floggings at the hands of The Dragons / Roosters for our club

+ An unparalleled exodus of players seeking an early release (and other players leaving)

+ 0 marquee talent being drawn to the club

+ Some of the worst behaviours by a group of players I've ever witnessed in the sport (they are running the asylum)).

+ Unprecedented comments by past players (supported by current players) around his team selections on social media

+ Since 2017, has had a .400 winning record, putting him statistically on a roller coaster down the aggregated coaches rankings through history

+ Juniors situation a debacle. When Segeyaro stated Des hadn't even spoken to him about what was required, that should have indicated red flags

+ Made the finals 2 years of his last 5
Is that you Trent?

A quote from the Legendary NFL coach Bill Belichick

who holds numerous records including winning a record six Super Bowls

and is considered the greatest coach in the history of the game

The moral of the story ....
Lets get the fcking Job done and start living up to our Legendary clubs Benchamark of excellence and start winning Grand finals

Visual search query image

We are short a damaging prop , and maybe another good solid prop.

We are short a strike centre , although not many of those out there anyway.

We are banking on a kid to be a 5/8, a kid who has been playing in the forwards this year , and recently not at all.

And we are now short on a Hooker.
Perspective time

Hello Mark , firslty I hope your health is good and your feeling good

I agree with all that in your post above

but the fact is .....

We have also badly under achieved with the players that we have

We could not compete with a top 8 team all season . That is Medicore and not Manly
Our proud Legendary clubs deserves a lot better

Perspective time

Hello Mark , firslty I hope your health is good and your feeling good

I agree with all that in your post above

but the fact is .....

We have also badly under achieved with the players that we have
Yeah mixed mate to be honest , I’ll know more after the next PET scan.

Yes we have under achieved , but jeez we have been unlucky with injuries at times .

We must strike a good year for that eventually .

Didn't the Dogs try to buy or marquee players the Turbos

Let’s hope the first sentence of your post stands strong and Tony starts repairing our once proud club. I guess only time will tell, because looking from the outside in at the moment, it isn’t pretty and I have the feeling it’s worse on the inside.

Re the replacement coach statement, I guess we will get to see how Ciraldo goes at the dogs next year, at least they are moving on from the mess Des left behind and from that other useless twat that did his best to destroy our club. The Dogs have invested heavily in their recruitment, head of footy and now a new coach, if I was a fan, at least I could sense the club was moving mountains to make a difference.

I feel like we are now well and truly heading down the same pathway Des lead the Dogs down, things feel very stale, our lack of recruitment, overall professionalism and direction in terms of adapting to the modern up tempo footy both with the ball and without it are poor. I’m not sure Des is or will be the answer, either as our coach or as head of football, I feel his lost touch with the pace of the game, perhaps also from a generational perspective, the youth of today are more self entitled than ever before and for mine Des is very old school, I feel he plays favourites and let’s personality clashes interfere with his decisions. I respect that Des has achieved everything in the game and acknowledge his place in the both the game and our clubs history, even though I still find it hard to leave out what happened at the end of 2011.

I guess the club has 2 choices, either stick with Des and hope he leads us back to our glory days and not down the same path he took the Dogs or we take a pro active approach to freshening up and rebuilding our once proud club. Living in fear of signing another dud coach shouldn’t mean we stick with the under performing one we have, sure there’s risks, but Cronulla, the Cowboys, the Panthers, even the Donkeys and the vermin should tell you a different story. I just hope we don’t stick with the current set up and end up like Newcastle, the Titans and to a lesser extent but still on a similar pathway St merge and the The Raiders. I see Sticky, Des, and Hook as past it and heading into Holbrook and O’Brien territory, I think it’s well and truly time to seriously reassess and if that means being honest and putting the broom through the place then so be it, because its sure as sh!t not looking good at the moment and before anyone goes hanging their hat on 21, don’t bother.

I guess Des has next year to prove he can make a difference, he has to do it with pretty much the same roster, if we under achieve next year, I personally hope we clean the joint out and take the pro active approach, beginning with a new coach, new assistant coach, new head of football and something positive in the way of recruitment. As a life long supporter, it just doesn’t feel all that great at present and like all of us, I just want us back in contention to win not just a premiership but premierships, play finals footy and be a consistently serious footy side.
And that is the reality we find ourselves in. Great summation

Got a feeling he's pulling the pin after 23, can't see him wanting to build another Storm type of team, he's a perfectionist also. Don't think he's got the patience to go through it all again.
But maybe the money is just too good to walk away from knowing this will be his last really well paid job?

Yeah mixed mate to be honest , I’ll know more after the next PET scan.

Yes we have under achieved , but jeez we have been unlucky with injuries at times .

We must strike a good year for that eventually .
Good luck with your PET scan . Keep up with that inspirational never say die resilient character of yours that has kept you going so far and will keep you going for years to come

Bad luck and injuries are part of the game
Resolute is part of the character in a winning team

But maybe the money is just too good to walk away from knowing this will be his last really well paid job?
Bellyache coaching Manly is a bit of a stretch....after all the dog fights that Bellyache has had with Manly for the best part of 15yrs.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6