HASLER ... fighting to keep his job.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You mean this was written in the Daily Tele?

Well blow me down, must be true then!

Des is a looser anyway. We should cut the looser lose.

While we are at it lets cut DCE too - bludger is on too much coin, and what do we get for it? Guy is always injured. Not a leader - lets do it as a package deal - dumping DesDCE is our des-tin-ee.

What you mean 'who we got then' - I don't care. I'm angry and want things to happen. Now. Else the club is fcuked.

/sarc

In his latest tenure:

+ 2nd worst defensive record ever measured over 20 matches in the history of the sport.

+ 2nd longest losing streak ever recorded in Sea Eagles history.

+ Worst ever floggings at the hands of The Dragons / Roosters for our club

+ An unparalleled exodus of players seeking an early release (and other players leaving)

+ 0 marquee talent being drawn to the club

+ Some of the worst behaviours by a group of players I've ever witnessed in the sport (they are running the asylum)).

+ Unprecedented comments by past players (supported by current players) around his team selections on social media

+ Since 2017, has had a .400 winning record, putting him statistically on a roller coaster down the aggregated coaches rankings through history

+ Juniors situation a debacle. When Segeyaro stated Des hadn't even spoken to him about what was required, that should have indicated red flags

+ Made the finals 2 years of his last 5
So, not a Dessie fan I take it?

Oh that's smart. pay Dessie out and bring in another mercenary. Trent is free, I'm convinced he will be better than last time. Let's try the back to the future approach!.

Dessie is nowhere near the problem here:

How about:

Apathetic players - I can name at least 7
Players who make selfish and destructive decisions (not alleged any more)
Manly executive branch (in some cases)
COVID
Manly marketing
The NRL
NRL marketing
The State Government
The salary crap
Player agents
The FOX commentary team
The NINE commentary team
Trent Barrett
Ben Cummins
Sean Keppie
DCE (if you are in that camp)
Manly fitness coaches
The stadium plans
Western Sydney teams (for sucking money into swamps)
Referees in general
Turbos injuries

There you go, that's 21 problems ahead of Des, and I am certain the Manly scholars around here could add another 50 before Des is in play.

NYEagle
Angry Inside Out GIF by Disney Pixar

Angry Mad GIF by Pokémon

Someone took there angry pills today :)

Some, many, a couple of you have mentioned or suggested elevating Dessie up to a Football Managers role ... with a younger more "plugged in" coach under him ...

2 genuine questions ...

1) What is it about Dessie's laid back coaching style that you believe will be conducive to working with a another coach .. ?

2) Has this format worked anywhere else ... Gus sacked several coaches at Penrith before he was punted .. and then they won ... Meninga doesn't seem to be helping Titans all that much .... ???

Some, many, a couple of you have mentioned or suggested elevating Dessie up to a Football Managers role ... with a younger more "plugged in" coach under him ...

2 genuine questions ...

1) What is it about Dessie's laid back coaching style that you believe will be conducive to working with a another coach .. ?

2) Has this format worked anywhere else ... Gus sacked several coaches at Penrith before he was punted .. and then they won ... Meninga doesn't seem to be helping Titans all that much .... ???

1. None, he shouldn't be involved. He carried Crusher at the Dogs, despite all KPI's mot being met, then brought him back here, and people are asking why our recruitments ****ed ? I want someone who is plugged in and ahead of the opposition. Not someone giving advice who is slow on the uptake, bad with the media, reactive, risk adverse, and who employs a jobs for the boys mentality.

2. Hasn't worked anywhere else, and apparently Gus is the best at that role. How that reflects on dinosaur Des is poorly. If Mestrov considers this strategy, then he's obviously out of touch as well

As it stands, the club is 100% right to not be extending Des, right now. .400 coach in 5-6 years? Come on. If his earlier stats weren't still carrying him, he'd be one of the worst coaches in the modern game. And his choice of player leaves a LOT to he desired. Apart from our juniors , the rest of this group are poor on the field, complete arseholes off it.

I haven't read all the posts on here so I apologise in advance if it's been mentioned already. There is only one other coach who is the only replacement for Des if he was to be moved on and that is none other than Geoff Toovey. No one else bleeds maroon and white like he does and his short record speaks for itself with finals and grand finals he's taken us to. 2013 would've been a victory if not for the cheat refereeing of Hayne.
Bring back 2V 🦅

I haven't read all the posts on here so I apologise in advance if it's been mentioned already. There is only one other coach who is the only replacement for Des if he was to be moved on and that is none other than Geoff Toovey. No one else bleeds maroon and white like he does and his short record speaks for itself with finals and grand finals he's taken us to. 2013 would've been a victory if not for the cheat refereeing of Hayne.
Bring back 2V 🦅

Toovey in
Penn out.

Works for me.

That is so sad on so many levels ... but true.
Agree.
2021 is Tom’s only injury free season when Des has been coach and he still missed 4 games at the start of the season. Over four seasons his percentage played under des must be only about 50 percent max.

You mean this was written in the Daily Tele?

Well blow me down, must be true then!

Des is a looser anyway. We should cut the looser lose.

While we are at it lets cut DCE too - bludger is on too much coin, and what do we get for it? Guy is always injured. Not a leader - lets do it as a package deal - dumping DesDCE is our des-tin-ee.

What you mean 'who we got then' - I don't care. I'm angry and want things to happen. Now. Else the club is fcuked.

/sarc
Oh for fck sake, DCE always injured?, what games have you been watching?

Let’s clear the air. If we don’t make the top half of the table than no one can slap themselves on the back with “good job”.

DCE is a resilient player and as far as minutes on the field are concerned no one has spent more time on the field than he during his career to date. He just doesn’t provide the side steady on field leadership and he is now age 34 years. We need to start looking beyond the older crew and developing the next generation coming through.

All Des needs is Tom T injury free for a season.
He had that last year and we finished fourth. Which was great, except that it was also bad, because even with Super Tom we were still nowhere near the top three teams and we followed that up with the steaming pile of sh** that is Manly's 2022 season. Good teams don't yo-yo season by season; they find ways to get the job done. We just keep finding excuses not to.

I don't think we should show him the door just yet and I'm not sure if anyone could do a better job given the ownership and management structures (or lack thereof) at the club, but everybody needs to be accountable, including Des.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8