HASLER ... fighting to keep his job.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Very disjointed season for Manly playing and injury wise so this is beyond any coach 's control . Some of the more telling losses and below par performances particularly against the Broncs could mainly be attributed to just some very poor team and individual performances . Certainly not the coach's fault with the raw deal referee wise against the Eels ist encounter , Lawton getting sent early against the Bunnies , late match capitulations against the Cows, Eels etc . Not good tactics against the Dragons but that does not make a season . On the other hand and this professional level and not so much in relation to this results driven business mantra but, all players and coaches should be on some type of notice to try to be always on top of their game so to speak and Des is no exception . Not really a place for comfort zones , fairly high stakes and very well paid participants in the main , Injuries again have to be taken into account but need some reasonable metrics to aim and strive for in relation to the playing personal available . Des was certainly in a bit of demand in 2011 or so but hardly could say that these days . Didn 't think that he deserved to came back but has seemed to get Manly back to some reasonable level of competitiveness and public standing again , 2 final "s appearances in 4 years so not too bad and a difficult injury toll in 20 and this season. Let "s see how things are after say the i st third of the season next year

Des will get next year to come up with the goods as will a few other players. Tom obviously has to overcome this constant injury battle, Schuster at 5/8 will have to perform, DCE justify his rediculous salary but several forwards need to aim up. Paseka, Keppie, Sipley need breakout seasons too. They better come up with another hooker option. Has to be top 4 next year nothing less.

Will be very interesting to see what players we recruit. Also hoping some of younger up and coming players can step next year say like Kao weekes who appears to have a ton of potential .

In relation to available coaches out there at the moment it’s a pretty tough market for teams looking for new coaches say like the bulldogs. I hope the club does not push Des too hard as I suspect it will be a mistake at this time… I know a lot disagree… but that’s cool with me…:)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2