General NRL chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dogs’ skipper’s sacrifice handed them a $500k trump card. This is how they can use it​

How generous of Josh Jackson to just give up half a million dollars the Dogs were obliged to pay him. Lucky for him the Dogs' sponsor will look after him, wink wink, nudge, salary cap auditor look the other way please

This is what Laundy said when announcing the sponsorship 2 years ago:
“I intend to become very involved,” he said. “I have a very large business and a successful business. I will do my absolute utmost to get Canterbury to a successful position in the rugby league competition.

I like to talk to the players about life after football and where they intend going. If I can help them get there, I will be helping.”

This guy is a clown of the highest order (no offence to Bozo or anyone else who may or may not be a clown) - must have missed the news for the last 3 years about Fainu's charges

Mark St John from Fox Sports@markdfstjohn

2022 OFF-CONTRACT PLAYERS

PROP

George Burgess, David Hollis, Matthew Lodge, Dunamis Lui, Emry Pere, Ava Seumanufagai, Martin Taupau

HOOKER

Joshua Cook, Manase Fainu

SECOND ROW

Matt Doorey, Brendan Frei, Chris Lewis

This guy is a clown of the highest order (no offence to Bozo or anyone else who may or may not be a clown) - must have missed the news for the last 3 years about Fainu's charges

PROP

George Burgess, David Hollis, Matthew Lodge, Dunamis Lui, Emry Pere, Ava Seumanufagai, Martin Taupau

HOOKER

SECOND ROW

He is Off Contract though ! LOL

PROP

HOOKER

SECOND ROW

Lazy journalism once more..

If this dispute is all over the players not wanting a transfer window. Then I for one say the players, players association and Clint Newton especially can just go and get ****ed.

Interesting video detailing Denan Kemp's sporting career which includes soccer, athletics, AFL & NRL, and then how he developed his podcast career

“There’s a market in America for NFL players to come here,” V’landys said.

“Where do all the NFL players go that don’t make it to the NFL? Where do all the college players go?

Umm, they go to Canada and play in the CFL, still make more money than in Aust, and also still live close to home.

“Where do all the NFL players go that don’t make it to the NFL? Where do all the college players go?

Umm, they go to Canada and play in the CFL, still make more money than in Aust, and also still live close to home.
Who was that bloke that claimed to have been an NFL player and ended up on the wing for the Knights a couple of times?

Still worth having some sort of pathways program over there.

Yeah,he should really do his research.
Not just CFL,there are numerous US second tier leagues like the USFL etc...where they don't even have to leave the country.
They are around 21-22 years old after uni and then the number of years it would take to just learn the game to be competent makes it a ridiculous suggestion.
I am sure some would jump at the opportunity of a paid holiday and easy money for no expectations though.

Wouldn "t be that sceptical about such a proposal . A natural athlete is a natural athlete anywhere and with the right type of instruction and training , maybe not that much of an issue for a successful transition within a reasonable timeframe . Probably just the reverse of guys like Hayne and Holmes making some good progress to be almost within contention to making it to the top level in the N F L . Certainly would not expect to produce playmakers , more wing , full back , possibly centre roles . Can recall Newtown bring over a speedy gridiron player who played fairly regular i st grade footy as a winger back in the day [ Manfred Moore ] . Sure that there would be dozens of fringe N f L players who may well be suited to making the conversion with a heap of natural ability but namely speed or power based ability and again for a few set league positions .

Wouldn "t be that sceptical about such a proposal . A natural athlete is a natural athlete anywhere and with the right type of instruction and training , maybe not that much of an issue for a successful transition within a reasonable timeframe . Probably just the reverse of guys like Hayne and Holmes making some good progress to be almost within contention to making it to the top level in the N F L . Certainly would not expect to produce playmakers , more wing , full back , possibly centre roles . Can recall Newtown bring over a speedy gridiron player who played fairly regular i st grade footy as a winger back in the day [ Manfred Moore ] . Sure that there would be dozens of fringe N f L players who may well be suited to making the conversion with a heap of natural ability but namely speed or power based ability and again for a few set league positions .
It is not a question of if a player could make the move.
There are actually numerous lower tier comps that pay more than a Dev contract here.
The best of the rest will go to those comps,so you are getting less than the best of the rest.
You could still attract a decent level of athlete but to suggest you would attract the best college players who don't get drafted is pie in the sky.

CFL doesnt pay that much at all.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230313_105458_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230313_105458_Chrome.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 17
Has anybody seen the latest NRL promo on TV lately, It's got shots of various players from different clubs all action shots, ie; scoring try's, tackling, celebrating. Then pans to us, what looks like a homeless much older guy with an old tattered Manly cap making something at the back of a car. Who makes these promos, and does this content get shown to the clubs before they get aired ? Have noticed this a lot lately, with Manly only getting fleeting moments on NRL promos.

Has anybody seen the latest NRL promo on TV lately, It's got shots of various players from different clubs all action shots, ie; scoring try's, tackling, celebrating. Then pans to us, what looks like a homeless much older guy with an old tattered Manly cap making something at the back of a car. Who makes these promos, and does this content get shown to the clubs before they get aired ? Have noticed this a lot lately, with Manly only getting fleeting moments on NRL promos.
110% mate. I notice the same thing. Then when players are shown, maybe, just maybe, we get on once...other clubs many times. It stand out like the proverbials.

110% mate. I notice the same thing. Then when players are shown, maybe, just maybe, we get on once...other clubs many times. It stand out like the proverbials.
Yeah, it's becoming annoying to tell you the truth, we have the best attacking player in Rugby league and we hardly rate for a decent action shot of the team.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4