Garrick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He did the same thing in the first half as well. Two butchered tries. However, to his credit he went for it on that last occasion and came up trumps. His hesitation running at the line is something he needs to get over - more of a confidence thing but he needs to address it.
The inside step was not required on both the butchered tries, only had to pin ears back and dive in like his last try. The line was open and he has the pace, just needs to back himself. Could of had 4 tries. These will be crucial in tighter games with limited chances.

Like the other 16 players, Garrick looked far more confident last night, slso made a few good effort plays with tackles on runaway Titan players....took a while to put the ball down on 1 try, but solid game and even goal kicking was hot, some great strikes from out wide in from they time the ball left his boot

Last edited:
The inside step was not required on both the butchered tries, only had to pin ears back and dive in like his last try. The line was open and he has the pace, just needs to back himself. Could of had 4 tries. These will be crucial in tighter games with limited chances.
Good thing is he learnt from it and did pin his ears back for his last try. As long as they continue to learn and get better we are building something great over the next couple years

Good thing is he learnt from it and did pin his ears back for his last try. As long as they continue to learn and get better we are building something great over the next couple years
Amazing how having a great fullback like Tom can make the whole back line play better - Tom brought out the best in both centers and wingers yesterday, in both defense and attack.

His goal kicking was great yesterday and it needs to be when you consider some of the goalkickers in the better sides.

In general play though, I'd only class him as "good" but not great. Too often when he returns the ball from a kick, he's too upright when he meets the defense and ends up being pushed back.

Watch him next week and see if I'm not right.

His goal kicking was great yesterday and it needs to be when you consider some of the goalkickers in the better sides.

In general play though, I'd only class him as "good" but not great. Too often when he returns the ball from a kick, he's too upright when he meets the defense and ends up being pushed back.

Watch him next week and see if I'm not right.
You may have joined recently and missed this earlier. This forum has bagged Garrick for this upright running style and getting pushed back. I think this year has been a big improvement but yes it does still happen occasionally. I mentioned in those previous threads that he should move to the left as he carries the ball in his right and when he was on the right he runs back he got smashed because he had no option to palm. He seems better coming from the left field as he has the ball in his "right" hand which seems to definitely help.
For me Garrick is a keeper, he's still only relatively young. Take Michael Robertson aka the lesser Robbo for example... when he first started he was safe and reliable and nothing more! The more experience he got the better he got. I think Garrick could be considered one of Manlys great wingers if he can continue to learn and improve, especially if he can continue to strike his goal kicks like he did on the wknd.

You may have joined recently and missed this earlier. This forum has bagged Garrick for this upright running style and getting pushed back. I think this year has been a big improvement but yes it does still happen occasionally. I mentioned in those previous threads that he should move to the left as he carries the ball in his right and when he was on the right he runs back he got smashed because he had no option to palm. He seems better coming from the left field as he has the ball in his "right" hand which seems to definitely help.
For me Garrick is a keeper, he's still only relatively young. Take Michael Robertson aka the lesser Robbo for example... when he first started he was safe and reliable and nothing more! The more experience he got the better he got. I think Garrick could be considered one of Manlys great wingers if he can continue to learn and improve, especially if he can continue to strike his goal kicks like he did on the wknd.
Most of them ( the young ones ) are still learning.

In my very humble opinion a players best years come after about 100 games , maybe about 25-26 years of age. From there to about 30 they’ve learnt enough to cope with most situations and play instinctively. And a few go on to play onto their 30’s and late 30’s and still be pretty good.

You take our great team of the 2008 era , loads of experience in that one all playing at the peak of their powers.

This team , sans the halves , is very much work in progress.

Just watching the replay.

The guy kicked well, obviously, but deadset butchered 2 tries any decent winger should have scored.

In the event of a loss, I think there would be a lot more scrutiny on those 2 lost opportunities.

Amazing how having a great fullback like Tom can make the whole back line play better - Tom brought out the best in both centers and wingers yesterday, in both defense and attack.

I think he's what they call a confidence player. Had a shocker in round 1, but I like him as a player. Great balance and clean striking as a goal-kicker so should continue to improve in that area. Good pace, though not express. Not small, although obviously not a physical beast like some current wingmen. Seems fit, keen, and athletic so I definitely see him as capable of continued improvement.

I think he's what they call a confidence player. Had a shocker in round 1, but I like him as a player. Great balance and clean striking as a goal-kicker so should continue to improve in that area. Good pace, though not express. Not small, although obviously not a physical beast like some current wingmen. Seems fit, keen, and athletic so I definitely see him as capable of continued improvement.
Defence when under pressure definitely still something to work on but certainly going much better with his form in recent weeks . Must have given his goal kicking averages a bit of a boost on the weekend as well . Played all or most of his junior footy as a centre i think .

Decent [not great] goalkicker, has decent speed relative to some of the others in the backline [Parker, Taufua] and unfortunately the positives end there; can't compete for the high ball [a shorter Teddy out-jumped him a few weeks back] can't break nor make a tackle.... will cost the team when it counts.

Seems like a nice a guy and hopefully we give him every chance to succeed - is a work in progress but please not in first grade

Credit where it is due @Woodsie... your man has been really good these last few weeks... high work load and making good ground (and keeping low) on his hit-ups... I am not totally over-tge-line yet but if he keeps it up he may well be a keeper (as you have always said)
2nd most metres again this week. He is quality and definitely worth keeping! He seems to have improved his strength and doesn't get smashed anywhere near as much!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4