Garrick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Maybe the Warriors just arent as well drilled with their tackling techniques?

We certainly had faster PTBs across the park last night whicb sure helps metreage and momentum...
Warriors were a rabble last night I thought. We should have been up plenty at halftime. Garrick was def running with more intent and purpose though.

Yep. Has been our top metre eater in 2 previous games this year too. Had another great game this week. Most on here still think he is pooh but he should be one of our first backs picked!
I wish people didn't just jump on the he is pooh bandwagon, if you've actually been watching with a keen eye this year you'd see Garrick is a keeper.
I have been watching with a keen eye and I don’t agree. He has been solid in a couple of games and poor in others. When he doesn’t have a shocker people tend to overstate his performances.

He was good last night, but I still don’t think he is what we need.

I respect others’ opinions though.

Certainly lifted his determination level in recent weeks , generally a good open field runner but has shown that he has gotten better with the hard yards also . Last line of defence maybe not ideal and not the best reader against the better attacking sides previously but can only get better . Tends to be safe and for sure has picked up his overall form for the past 3 games or so . Warriors may not be the best yardstick and a bit concerning when the Dragons prop Kerr had him for some pace a couple of weeks ago but think that he still has some genuine speed . Not too sure how things are going to pan out in the foreseeable future with such a good prospect in Koula already in the main squad and surely a must keep and Saab who has to be a keeper but need every available player for now to be performing well and consistently and Garrick is managing that now .

He played strong, back to his best.

I guess he wasnt targeted by what was a fairly ordinary opponent.

His two shots at goal were hit sweet thankfully, a miss would of been fatal.

Both wingers looked much better in defence too, again the opposition didnt throw a whole lot at them, but the choas from rounds 1-4 was gone. Maybe Suli was a part of the issue.

IMO last night was Garrick's best effort when having to play fullback. He ran with purpose, didn't get rag dolled and backed up well a couple of times, especially when he put Funa into some space.

Reubs has kicked 7/8 goals this year (his only miss so far was against the Chooks in Rd.1). Not many attempts is a result of the team's bad start to the season, but judging by that his accuracy has improved a bit.

His post contact metres were good last night. Good, as in he actually had some for a change. .

I liked he took some ugly hitups through the teeth of the defence and actually won the contact and gained momentum in sets we were getting beaten up....well played Garrick

According to the NRL's own stats, our top 3 metre eaters last night were Garrick (171), Aloiai (160) and Marty (145). The top 3 for post contact metres were Aloiai (65), Marty (59) and ... Garrick with 56.
That is 3 out of 5 games Garrick has topped our most metres. The bloke has a good engine on him

His second try yesterday was extremely good, when you consider, its wet, he was running full tilt and he got a great pass from Foran that was a difficult take. Rueben has lifted his game in recent weeks and hes also improving his goal kicking, kicked some beauties yesterday!
He butchered the first try by hesitating and not getting low enough but the positioning and the pass from Foran when he did get over was pretty sexual

He butchered the first try by hesitating and not getting low enough but the positioning and the pass from Foran when he did get over was pretty sexual
He did the same thing in the first half as well. Two butchered tries. However, to his credit he went for it on that last occasion and came up trumps. His hesitation running at the line is something he needs to get over - more of a confidence thing but he needs to address it.

He did the same thing in the first half as well. Two butchered tries. However, to his credit he went for it on that last occasion and came up trumps. His hesitation running at the line is something he needs to get over - more of a confidence thing but he needs to address it.
It’s good to see him returning to form, he has copped plenty of late and maybe rightfully so, it was a shame to see him hesitate on those 2 try opportunities, they were definitely both moments where he should of backed himself and run a strong line, definitely a confidence thing, hopefully he can build on his last couple of games, which have been a huge improvement on recent times, even his kicking has improved notably he is hitting the ball straight again, it was a shame he missed the one he did, spoiled his perfect record for the day, but there’s no drama with the odd miss hit, it happens, he has been solid under the ball in his last couple of outings as well, without knowing the facts he looks like he may have added a few kilos of muscle, which in his case is a good thing, his only 23 as well and still has his best years ahead, so hopefully he will keep up the effort and prove all his doubters wrong, as that can and will only be good for the team.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7