Garrick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Very solid. Safe as houses. Him as a fullback really reminds me of Dylan Edwards but just a faster and stronger version. Did want him to get a bit more involved with our attack but that's because I'm used to the work rate of Tom lol. Still want to try Tolu next week at fullback! He will go well with that same kinda space and on a dry track.

Great game from Garrick and glad he's getting the recognition. It really cant be an easy thing stepping in for turbo but he was brilliant last night.

As others have mentioned he has turned into a complete footballer. I'm sure he can play anywhere 1-5 now and not miss a beat.

In terms of hitting the ball up he used to get rag dolled. But now he has manufactured a way to not let that happen.

Question and I know I am a slow dim witted fellow... just why after Garrick shows he is solid as a rock... in woeful conditions, does not make an error, carries the ball strongly etc... just why would we then go oh hey Koula we will put you back there next week and mess with what was a winning formula? Now I can see Koula going onto the wing for Saab but after Garrick's performance last night why would you put him back on the wing? They were diabolical conditions and he never missed a beat. Now maybe the mad scientist does put Koula back there but gee I am going for the rock solid every day of the week until Turbo is back. Bit like Davey - rock solid - he is in my 13 every day of the week as well. We can't have 13 flamboyant play makers on the park all at once.

just why would we then go oh hey Koula we will put you back there next week and mess with what was a winning formula?
Garrick played very well at the back, but he is a better winger than fullback & is the best finisher in our squad. In Des's Wednesday interview, he was talking up Koula as a player having x-factor. As I mentioned elsewhere, I think the team will have more points in them with Koula at the back. Points will be needed in our upcoming clashes with the Titans & the Sharks. If Koula is selected as fullback again by Des, let's see how he goes - maybe he can be just as solid as Garrick?

Down the track, if Saab's form doesn't improve, maybe he will replaced by Koula or Tuipolotu....

Last edited:
Does he not remind you of robbo as mr reliable,didn’t robbo also play fullback when brett was out.

That's who he reminds me of.

Not a superstar but a reliable winger that can slot into other positions.
I don't see clubs like the Storm or Roosters chasing him. Tigers, Dragons or Knights maybe but don't see him leaving unless he is offered stupid money.

He's maybe a step short of that top level but he tries his guts out and just improves and works and you don't know how far he'll go. Awesome last night and a very under rated footballer in my book. Reckon he'll just keep improving.

Garrick played very well at the back, but he is a better winger than fullback & is the best finisher in our squad. In Des's Wednesday interview, he was talking up Koula as a player having x-factor. As I mentioned elsewhere, I think the team will have more points in them with Koula at the back. Points will be needed in our upcoming clashes with the Titans & the Sharks. If Koula is selected as fullback again by Des, let's see how he goes - maybe he can be just as solid as Garrick?

Down the track, if Saab's form doesn't improve, maybe he will replaced by Koula or Tuipolotu....

Saabs form can't improve .. he is what you see ... a poorly coordinated limited footballer ..

BUT ... he is very good at running very fast to the try line if put in the clear.

And I will give him his due he appears to be working very hard to improve his deficiencies and also looks to have a good team spirit attitude.

Any improvement will come solely on DCE's and Tom's abilities to give him opportunities to run like Forest ...

Saabs form can't improve .. he is what you see ... a poorly coordinated limited footballer ..

BUT ... he is very good at running very fast to the try line if put in the clear.

And I will give him his due he appears to be working very hard to improve his deficiencies and also looks to have a good team spirit attitude.

Any improvement will come solely on DCE's and Tom's abilities to give him opportunities to run like Forest ...
Is that a long-winded way of saying "speed kills" @Woodsie @:D

Is that a long-winded way of saying "speed kills" @Woodsie @:D

No .. it is a short way of saying that sometimes speed alone just isn't enough ... and as long as he gets handed the opportunities he will be an asset.

But like the 1st 5 rounds last year .. and the first 5 rounds this year .. if he doesn't get them he is limited in what else he offers.

His career will always be a weighing up of positives V negatives .. let's hope it is always on the side of the positives.

The thing about Garrick is that he is still improving. He is a very good attacking player and an excellent finisher. His defence has improved and I see him as a very important member of our squad. Will still need depth so I am very pleased that Koula and T are coming on so well.

I need a probably button for this , by the time he finds form though a few may pass him by

I need a probably button for this , by the time he finds form though a few may pass him by

With Saab It is not a matter of form .. he has not suffered any lapse .. it is simply that the opportunities provided for him to run fast and score tries have not been forthcoming.

I am certain that he will be given the ball in the clear soon and sprint 70m to score .. and all the people that like shiny things will go ooooohhh wonderful.

But until those opportunities come up .... ??

Hmm interesting analysis of Tom's injury and it could be an 8 to 12 week injury as opposed to 4. Gee that changes everything if that is true. Certainly opens up for Koula and the reasons why he was going back to FB over the longer timeframe. Garrick is rock solid and certainly would be a safe option and to me the better option for 3 or 4 weeks but 8 to 12...we need some attacking thrust from back there. Hope the suggestion is wrong.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8