Faith in Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
The last game he was identified a half and played there for a time. Not excuses 40. I assume you are talking about Walker there. How can it be excuses for Walker if he played in 5 different positions. That's just facts. Excuses are finding reasons for not thinking he's up to it.
He played 6. Anyways, nobody needs excuses to show Walker isn't up to it...he shows it every time he plays. His only hope is to get the 14 jersey because he can't follow a game plan and just wants to do whatever he wants to. Thanks for the chat mate.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Perspective time

Athelet's reach their prime mid to late 20s
And the Australian rep and Grand final winning centre Walker at 26 best footy is yet to come

Bring it on Dylan :)

manly al

First Grader
Think that Walker can justify a spot on the bench at present but not too sure when Jake returns as the 13 how Walker will be used then . Maybe an option to move Jake upfront to bring on Walker as an impact player but could have its limitations there especially in the bigger matches where Jake "s very important defensive and link roles are generally so important . Get that Walker can provide cover for a number of positions and to again have a strong claim for a bench role but coming on just for the sake of automatically or maybe providing some impact role in or around the ruck area especially in the higher stake matches could be a bit problematic . Good if he can be resigned on reasonable terms and seems to gel in well with the team culture but has a different role for the side now and that should reflect the nature of any ongoing contract

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
He played 6. Anyways, nobody needs excuses to show Walker isn't up to it...he shows it every time he plays. His only hope is to get the 14 jersey because he can't follow a game plan and just wants to do whatever he wants to. Thanks for the chat mate.

40 you're expressing an opinion and claiming everyone agrees with you. I read these columns and its a variety of impressions some for some against. Just because you dont think he plays well, doesnt mean he doesnt. It just means from your opinion he doesnt. In my opiinion he is an asset and given Des wants him to stay and has him before Cust at 14, which is a utility spot, he obviously shares that opinion. So OK you dont think he's up to it...opinion. I think he is ....opinion. And thats fine. That's where debate arises.

madmax

Bencher
Shoo has played 2 games at 6 and all the rest as a ball-playing 2RF, both very, very similar positions (I played only those 2 positions myself), he has not been used any other way.

If you are saying both he and Walker are having to adapt to new positions it is obvious which none is excelling. I'm so tired of the multitude of excuses being made for Walker's shortcomings on the field and his off-field behavior is inexcusable. I'm really pissed it will go on for another 2 years.
And a lot of us are tired of your constant Walker bashing. Oh but wait you played rugby league….you must have been highly regarded NOT. I’m really happy he’s re-signed. If you don’t like it there are 15 other teams you can support. Your tirade against Walker has become boring! Oh yeah forgot the ‘buddy’ at the end.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
From the article claiming he has been offered a 2 year deal (July 8)

It's understood the deal has only been tabled in the past few days, and it may still be some weeks before a decision is made by the Walker camp. There is no other reported interest from around the competition in the off-contract utility back.

The last part of that quote says it all really. If we get him cheap then he can fill a role moving forward, but I would not be paying him anything near what his previous deals were.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Serious question for those who think Walker is a top player at the moment,
On 2021 form:
Which other NRL player do you compare him to?
Which player is he most like?

I'm interested to know because I don't see what y'all seeing and this might help to comp him to similar players.

47MVEagle

Bencher
From the article claiming he has been offered a 2 year deal (July 8)

It's understood the deal has only been tabled in the past few days, and it may still be some weeks before a decision is made by the Walker camp. There is no other reported interest from around the competition in the off-contract utility back.

The last part of that quote says it all really. If we get him cheap then he can fill a role moving forward, but I would not be paying him anything near what his previous deals were.
So Parker has been re-signed while Walker hasn't?

Wow, I wonder what Des sees in Parker that some here don't see, but see something in Walker than many of us don't see?

They must know something many of us don't, or perhaps it's more for personal reasons, a.k.a. they are fanboys of Walker but not Parker?

Ironic then that the Walker fanboys often hide behind the "play the ball, not the man" analogy when that in fact is the very thing they do!

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Just about every player in our team has a group of rusted on fanbois. Walker is no different.

Those supporters of any given player can't objectively assess their contributions. It's an admission of poor judgement if they accept that the player may not be as good as they think he is. Everyone is guilty of it, that's part and parcel of being a fan.

Ultimately the only judges of footballing talent that count are the coaching and recruitment/retention departments. They'll assess what a player is worth to the team

47MVEagle

Bencher
Just about every player in our team has a group of rusted on fanbois. Walker is no different.

Those supporters of any given player can't objectively assess their contributions. It's an admission of poor judgement if they accept that the player may not be as good as they think he is. Everyone is guilty of it, that's part and parcel of being a fan.

Ultimately the only judges of footballing talent that count are the coaching and recruitment/retention departments. They'll assess what a player is worth to the team
Agreed.

I'll admit I'm a fanboy of certain players myself & I respect other people's personal preferences too.

I just don't go around telling anyone who doesnt agree with me that they're "one of the people who don't get it" lol.

madmax

Bencher
We all have our favourites that's what keeps this place interesting. Some posters can debate and move on. Others can't. It's the ones who can't let a critical post of their favourite player go by without a cheap response that lose the credibility.
I’m guessing your comment is in response to some of my so called cheap responses as a number of my posts have been moved to ‘trash talk’…..it’s ok for certain posters to constantly trash talk Walker, Sironen, Suli but it’s not ok for posters like me to defend them & have an opinion. I’m a trash talker yet the posters who are actually trashing players get the green light. I guess this is my cue to say sayonara to Silvertails. Been interesting….

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14