Faith in Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
If bench is designed for impact - Walker definately supplies just that and wouldn't be suprised to see him only amp up and look more dangerous once DCE and Tom are back, which will only open up more space for him.
The modern game is based on plenty of factors, but the 1 that stands out is explosive speed and though not as nimble as he was, can absolutely destroy the tired blokes in the middle and would be highly suprised if Des does not keep him in the 17.

Walker has excelled in his role and Des is repaying his faith..he has now cemented his spot as the guy in the middle of the victory song who splashes water everwhere. Well done.

Screenshot_20210717-094019_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210717-093554_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210717-093310_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210717-093310_Chrome.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 11

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
The absolute last thing you need in 2021 is a ball hog starving wingers of the pill.

We saw enough of that with Suli.
With Harper and Saab out wide and Turbo lurking why would you not put them into space at every chance? Even Garrick is looking better on the wing. Walker needs to do a bit more distribution for better impact.

Kevinward777

First Grader
If bench is designed for impact - Walker definately supplies just that and wouldn't be suprised to see him only amp up and look more dangerous once DCE and Tom are back, which will only open up more space for him.
The modern game is based on plenty of factors, but the 1 that stands out is explosive speed and though not as nimble as he was, can absolutely destroy the tired blokes in the middle and would be highly suprised if Des does not keep him in the 17.
He will be on the bench for sure.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
The bench is not only designed for impact .
The faster game is also designed for impact
In the faster game turtles that get exposed to the speed of the game eventually get replaced by more impact players like Dylan who is hanging in their for his opportunity

Last edited:

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Walker has excelled in his role and Des is repaying his faith..he has now cemented his spot as the guy in the middle of the victory song who splashes water everwhere. Well done.

View attachment 18706

View attachment 18707
The guy in the middle is a runner and he excels in the centres where he plays his best footy .
In time he will get that opportunity again .
No one owns their spot in the team .
Only the gullible on here believe this :)

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Walker - no official word on whether he has re-signed. Purely anecdotal at this stage.
I think you are right feathered friend
This report suggests that negotiations are under way

Reports: Dylan Walker set to sign new deal with Sea Eagles

He has spent most of the season in unfamiliar territory at either fullback or coming off the bench, but seemingly out of favour Manly half Dylan Walker is set to sign a new two-year deal with the Sea Eagles.

It comes as a surprising turn of events given the way the Sea Eagles have barely used Walker this year. He played fullback during the opening exchanges of the season when Tom Trbojevic was out injured and will tonight make his first start in the halves for the season with Daly Cherry-Evans in Maroons' camp.

In between, Walker missed a stack of games (also down to a hamstring injury he suffered), and spent the last two coming off the interchange bench where he played just 53 minutes between the two games.

According to a Daily Telegraph report, Walker has been offered a new two-year deal.

The 26-year-old, who has just cracked 150 first grade appearances across his time at both the Rabbitohs and Sea Eagles, is in his eighth season as an NRL player since debuting in 2013, but has seemingly gone backwards in recent times.

Off-field dramas won't be helping Walker either, but the Sea Eagles reportedly offering him the new deal is a show of faith from the club who had seemed to be losing it in him after he played just seven games for Des Hasler's side in 2020.

Still, at his best, Walker is an asset for Manly, with his 2017 and 2019 seasons proving particularly good as he helped the club qualify for the finals on both occasions.

It's understood the deal has only been tabled in the past few days, and it may still be some weeks before a decision is made by the Walker camp. There is no other reported interest from around the competition in the off-contract utility back.

That’s like saying you wouldn’t have Schuster as well, due to poor kicking and passing options at times, we saw the best and worst of him tonight

Walkers role as stated above is a roving utility, which he performed extremely well before moving around to cover other people missing. Judge him on that role when he gets back there
I'm happy to agree to disagree buddy.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Did some good things, did some really poor things.

To be honest, he looked really rushed for time and space late in the game, which is a little surprising, given the game situation.

If we did not re-sign him, I wouldn't be overly upset. Happy to keep him as a lower priced small forward though, if that's what Dylan wanted.

My big test....would I be worried if he was playing for the side we were facing next game ?
No, I wouldn't.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Walker is having to learn new skills in different positions. Like Schuster he's having to adapt because they each are being used in a utility style. He's a good asset in my opinion. Today almost gave him the One point behind Foran and Schuster. He makes a few mistakes but he creates, and that's what Manly needs. Its like criticism of Schuster's no look passes. One didn't come off, but three did and resulted in tries. If he hadn't used them he wouldn't have had time to turn to pass. That's the skill. Walker is showing he can set up plays. We need that. Its the risk that must be made.

Walker is having to learn new skills in different positions. Like Schuster he's having to adapt because they each are being used in a utility style.
Shoo has played 2 games at 6 and all the rest as a ball-playing 2RF, both very, very similar positions (I played only those 2 positions myself), he has not been used any other way.

If you are saying both he and Walker are having to adapt to new positions it is obvious which none is excelling. I'm so tired of the multitude of excuses being made for Walker's shortcomings on the field and his off-field behavior is inexcusable. I'm really pissed it will go on for another 2 years.

Go manly

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
He us a runner
Not a ball player

Let DCE, Foz shuster Jake do the distribution and Dwalkz can join Tom and our other runners when the opposition is tired

He us a front runner and confidence player that will take chances & games away from teams rather than build up a win
Use him sparingly as 14

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Shoo has played 2 games at 6 and all the rest as a ball-playing 2RF, both very, very similar positions (I played only those 2 positions myself), he has not been used any other way.

If you are saying both he and Walker are having to adapt to new positions it is obvious which none is excelling. I'm so tired of the multitude of excuses being made for Walker's shortcomings on the field and his off-field behavior is inexcusable. I'm really pissed it will go on for another 2 years.

Schuster has played 5/8, half and second row. Walker has played full back, centre, five eighth, half and back rower. I'd say that's versatility with both.

As for Walker, I thought he had a top game against St George. Really set up some good plays and I almost gave him in my 3,2,1 rating of top players a 1 behind Foran and Schuster. Walker's had some poor games, no question. But when he's being moved about so much as a utility he's bound to find it challenging now and then. And I doubt there are more than one or two in this team who could handle all the positions he has so far had to play. He's developing into a reasonably good utility player. I suspect that is why he's being offered another contract and why Cust, who I also think is first grade material is behind him obviously is Des's estimation..

Schuster has played 5/8, half and second row. Walker has played full back, centre, five eighth, half and back rower. I'd say that's versatility with both.

As for Walker, I thought he had a top game against St George. Really set up some good plays and I almost gave him in my 3,2,1 rating of top players a 1 behind Foran and Schuster. Walker's had some poor games, no question. But when he's being moved about so much as a utility he's bound to find it challenging now and then. And I doubt there are more than one or two in this team who could handle all the positions he has so far had to play. He's developing into a reasonably good utility player. I suspect that is why he's being offered another contract and why Cust, who I also think is first grade material is behind him obviously is Des's estimation..
More excuses.

Which game did Shoo play 7?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
11 6 5 -9 14