Fainu and Suli

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Interesting reading very passionate views on here

IMO Pound for pound and dollar for dollar we have the best value hooker in the comp that compliments our winning team very well

. For such a young player he shows great composure as as well as toughness and is also very skillful . He also seems to have the opposition in 2 minds when has the ball and like every good hooker he gives good service

You are definitely a fat guy on a couch who coaches his kids under 9's team.

I've never heard an NRL coach speak like this.

The terminology is ruck recognition, crispness of service, and width of pass.

Standard deviation? are you studying statistics at university you imposter?
I use my own terms, my own stats and i am not a coach.

Could care less of the modern terms used to describe elements of the game, and deliberately go out of my way to not use lazy terms that are lettering schemes for positions on the field like "A Defender" as it sounds pathetic and doesn't show respect.

And you wonder why teams all play the same way, they are boring carbon copies of each other on the field, on the training paddock, in the administration and with the same mindsets of what works and what doesn't.

Most coaches really have no idea why certain plays and angles work other than copying what they know works and passing it off as either "we executed well" "we didn't execute well"

Snake go back to your middle class i know the inner workings of the club comfort zone who needs validation from association without an idea of the complexities of the game other than hearing the terminologies and references of "people in the know".

You do realise "people in the know" make up 50% of the clubs that don't make the semi's, and seemingly well funded well run clubs like the Broncos who continue to employ staff who have no idea what works.

Rugby League analysis is 20yrs behind where it should be for 80% of the clubs.

You pick and choose when you show up here and most of us have a life outside this site (to illustrate I’ve just machine gunned four little nuggets and am waiting for the schnitzel to void) so you give yourself a pretty big wrap. And that’s the problem with you mate. You think you know too much/so much. I’m guessing you’ve never pulled a boot on and in all honesty you occasionally make a good point but just so you know honey catches more flies than vinegar. God I hope you really are Kelly Egan like you pretended/ alluded to members on this site that you were/are. The alternative is too depressing.
Others said i was Kelly Egan and i mentioned several times i am not and still wasn't believed, you go figure what to do in that scenario Ironstine.... (maybe after a while you flip it for entertainment value to the few who wouldn't believe in the facts----some say Jesus did the same thing)

Interesting reading very passionate views on here

IMO Pound for pound and dollar for dollar we have the best value hooker in the comp that compliments our winning team very well

. For such a young player he shows great composure as as well as toughness and is also very skillful . He also seems to have the opposition in 2 minds when has the ball and like every good hooker he gives good service

My point exactly @BOZO and the very reason I hit straight back at @Technical Coach very early on in this tread.

Others said i was Kelly Egan and i mentioned several times i am not and still wasn't believed, you go figure what to do in that scenario Ironstine.... (maybe after a while you flip it for entertainment value to the few who wouldn't believe in the facts----some say Jesus did the same thing)

You Wish....LOL.. Give it up now @Technical Coach, save whatever credibility you have left ( If An..y as your burying yourself deeper and deeper), You don't like Mase, its that simple ( read your previous posts and whenever he is mentioned you come out blazing ).. That's cool thats your choice , BUT don't try defending it here on a Sea Eagles forum where the majority of posters love the guy, just on his effort alone and what he brings to our team, his Manly through and through. A WINNER

Dollar for dollar yes, not pound for pound in the defensive stakes.
Pound for pound also implies toughness as he has proven to be a very durable player.
As far as defence goes he is certainly no turn style and keeps it tight up the middle as far as I can see .
For a 21 year old in his first full NRL season I think he is doing very well . Just my opinion

Fainu is killing it. In attack and defence.
What is interesting is the microscope TC puts him under and why, why not The other 16players?
Of course he is not perfect, what 21yo is? What NRL hooker is?

The trolling has been fun to watch but it's going nowhere unlike my man Manase

You Wish....LOL.. Give it up now @Technical Coach, save whatever credibility you have left ( If An..y as your burying yourself deeper and deeper), You don't like Mase, its that simple ( read your previous posts and whenever he is mentioned you come out blazing ).. That's cool thats your choice , BUT don't try defending it here on a Sea Eagles forum where the majority of posters love the guy, just on his effort alone and what he brings to our team, his Manly through and through. A WINNER
Have nothing against the bloke, my gripe is with every new found talent that hits first grade is seen as the "next big thing" and 90% never are, in part because they are over-rated, or become comfortable or the pressure and expectations applied are too much for a young player to handle.

Fainu has areas that need working on in his game like any other player, if i didn't mention these areas Fainu on this site would come across as the complete package already by the sound of things.

When i see Fainu sprinting not ambling on kick chase (defence and attack) staying on his toes and not resting in the middle during high defensive workloads, when his first contact is dominant or composed contact on a regular basis in defence---or should i say "D" to come across with more coaching credentials and his passing game from dummy half has more creativity and width to it i will say so.

Fainu is killing it. In attack and defence.
What is interesting is the microscope TC puts him under and why, why not The other 16players?
Of course he is not perfect, what 21yo is? What NRL hooker is?

The trolling has been fun to watch but it's going nowhere unlike my man Manase
Because he is lauded too much here and there needs to be balance.

At the same time the hard working qualities of Api (even though he has his flaws also) are under appreciated, Api works damn hard off the ball and offers energy.

They are both quality players but let's not get ahead of ourselves on Fainu.

I place many players under the microscope, new and old, i don't care if it is a favourite player in my books, if i see something that requires working on i will mention it, even if that means making me look like the "anomaly". Not here to make friends, befriend NRL players or be chummy with the inner workings of an NRL club, could care less.

Have nothing against the bloke, my gripe is with every new found talent that hits first grade is seen as the "next big thing" and 90% never are, in part because they are over-rated, or become comfortable or the pressure and expectations applied are too much for a young player to handle.

Fainu has areas that need working on in his game like any other player, if i didn't mention these areas Fainu on this site would come across as the complete package already by the sound of things.

When i see Fainu sprinting not ambling on kick chase (defence and attack) staying on his toes and not resting in the middle during high defensive workloads, when his first contact is dominant or composed contact on a regular basis in defence---or should i say "D" to come across with more coaching credentials and his passing game from dummy half has more creativity and width to it i will say so.
How do you know he is not doing exactly as the coaches want?
With the coaching staff we have hooker would be a topic well covered.

How do you know he is not doing exactly as the coaches want?
With the coaching staff we have hooker would be a topic well covered.
So a Coach would want a hooker to lack defensive energy and intensity yeah right.

A Coach might say pace yourself at times to not take away from your impact at Dummy Half but even that would be a stretch because it encourages laziness.

So a Coach would want a hooker to lack defensive energy and intensity yeah right.

A Coach might say pace yourself at times to not take away from your impact at Dummy Half but even that would be a stretch because it encourages laziness.
But we are 5th on the ladder.

Dollar for dollar yes, not pound for pound in the defensive stakes.

In regards to the defensive stakes I looked at the stats in our last high pressure game against the Storm where Fainu excelled

Fainu 42 tackles zero missed tackles 5 off loads

Cameron Smith 32 tackles 2 missed tackles 1 off load

Now Fainu is no future immortal (yet ) but he is not as bad as you make out he is feathered friend

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4