Fainu and Suli

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I’m loving what we currently see from Suli. That speed, size and aggressive running style are flipping awesome to see, especially when he gets the ball deep off a backline play and takes in the line.

Definitely passes the ball too early to Reuben sometimes, so not reading the play like an experienced pro just yet, but some of those runs he does are a joy to watch.
Suli is an absolute beast...

I’m loving what we currently see from Suli. That speed, size and aggressive running style are flipping awesome to see, especially when he gets the ball deep off a backline play and takes in the line.

Definitely passes the ball too early to Reuben sometimes, so not reading the play like an experienced pro just yet, but some of those runs he does are a joy to watch.
He is still a young man and still learning . The best is yet to come

Delicious , not a huge fish but plenty for two!!

We use salt and vinegar chips as a crumb , dipped in egg and dropped into the packet .....Yummo

Oh and on the bbq flat pan.

I love fresh grilled fish and they are also good for our ticker

We have to keep that ticker of ours going strong

giphy.gif

Fishing is not religion. I fish on Sunday mornings and donate huge amounts of cash on lures, lines, rods and reels only to chase something that might not even be there?

I live in hope that one day all that money and time spent will enlighten me to catch the fish of a lifetime.

Actually they are pretty similar.

Bit like the donation plate isn’t it!!!

You play more lateral and expansive to reduce gang tackling and move the defensive line around, Manly just went into their shell at times and played a little too conservatively, on top of fatigue not helping in the second half.

That was the beauty of Manly under Des in the past using lateral play for go forward, the backline and back row did most of the go forward. Also helps having the quality crisp lateral ball distribution of Ballin keeping the entire defensive line honest.
We played laterally all night. Suli made one of his trademark runs in the golden point period off a lateral shift. We never went into our shell. We tried to win the game and Melbourne tried not to lose it.

The fatigue in the second half did make it harder but there is no point shifting the ball wide off a slow play-the-ball because you just palm the problem off on someone else. You are better off giving the ball to a prop who can try and win the ruck and then shift off that.

You keep talking about Fainu not making it to dummy half...a complete myth...he leaves the ruck for the outside backs in the early part of sets and he is coached not to run to edges (like every other hooker in the competition); centres and edge forwards are specifically coached to pass accurately from the ruck to avoid the 9 having to chase the play around. Not to mention, on many occasions, Fainu has run from dummy half, carried 3 defenders and popped an offload to a player who then runs 10 metres ahead of the play. He can be forgiven for not being at the ruck.

I am still trying to come to terms with the Earth shattering notion that decision making and execution drops off with fatique ..... you would think that in the 111 years of Rugby League someone else would have noticed that before now .....

Last edited:
Fainu has been on fire this year -

Fainu - 6 linebreaks
(17 games) + 29 offloads (13th) *1.7 average*
...................+ 5 tries
...................+ 2 forced dropouts
...................+ 2 try assists
...................+ 4 line break assists
...................+ 89.4% tackle efficiency

And Suli has played a big part in our go forward this year, making the hard yards when our big boys are running on empty -

Suli - 41.4 post contact metres per game *average*
(14 games) + 3 tries
...................+ 31 tackle breaks
...................+ 115.4 running metres per game *average*

No fish this morning , back to steak for dinner tonight but will try again at dusk for about half an hour.

Who would have thought this thread could be so interesting.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10