Fainu and Suli

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Wouldn’t @strone33 love that if true.

giphy.gif

I don’t mind some of @Technical Coach ‘s stuff he posts , he knows a lot more about the modern game than I do and I enjoy different opinions because really none are wrong and none are right they are just opinions.

I however , as a fan, know what I love to see, and it’s clear to me that both Suli & Fainu are stars in the making regardless of what he thinks.

I live for nights like last Saturday ( not the heart attach stuff just the game as a whole) and couldn’t give a **** about stats I’m just purely here for the enjoyment factor, and both of them , and the whole team gave me that in spades last weekend.

I don’t mind some of @Technical Coach ‘s stuff he posts , he knows a lot more about the modern game than I do and I enjoy different opinions because really none are wrong and none are right they are just opinions.

I however , as a fan, know what I love to see, and it’s clear to me that both Suli & Fainu are stars in the making regardless of what he thinks.

I live for nights like last Saturday ( not the heart attach stuff just the game as a whole) and couldn’t give a **** about stats I’m just purely here for the enjoyment factor, and both of them , and the whole team gave me that in spades last weekend.
I agree that everyone’s entitled to an opinion when it is presented as an opinion...presenting the opinion with an air of superiority is something else entirely. Sell it to us as an opinion instead of trying to pull the wool over people’s eyes.

Had a few blowups on here time to time with other Silvertails, but it is a forum and it makes life interesting.
The only issue I have with TC and his scientific view of the game is in general, it's pretty boring and the points he makes (in my view) - do not win football games, though I feel the time he puts into these stats may be accurate.
Obviously we all view the game differently and while I'm watching a movie where there is some alian attack and there are great battles and special effects, TC is likely working out the components of how the ships were built and how long it took to get from planet Zog to Earth.

I agree that everyone’s entitled to an opinion when it is presented as an opinion...presenting the opinion with an air of superiority is something else entirely. Sell it to us as an opinion instead of trying to pull the wool over people’s eyes.
Are we talking about god's again?

We played laterally all night. Suli made one of his trademark runs in the golden point period off a lateral shift. We never went into our shell. We tried to win the game and Melbourne tried not to lose it.

The fatigue in the second half did make it harder but there is no point shifting the ball wide off a slow play-the-ball because you just palm the problem off on someone else. You are better off giving the ball to a prop who can try and win the ruck and then shift off that.

You keep talking about Fainu not making it to dummy half...a complete myth...he leaves the ruck for the outside backs in the early part of sets and he is coached not to run to edges (like every other hooker in the competition); centres and edge forwards are specifically coached to pass accurately from the ruck to avoid the 9 having to chase the play around. Not to mention, on many occasions, Fainu has run from dummy half, carried 3 defenders and popped an offload to a player who then runs 10 metres ahead of the play. He can be forgiven for not being at the ruck.
There is a difference between "all night" and "throughout the night", Manly in the second half did not play all that lateral at all due to Melb's intensity, fatigue and going into our shell/overly playing percentages a little at times with less adventure while in the lead. Yes there are moments in the second half when Manly tried to do so but it wasn't at an "all night level"--- the first half was much better in that regard.(in saying that i don't expect the same amount of lateral play as an afternoon game on a dry track against a weaker opposition)

Most enterprising plays in the second half had errors, i recall 3-4, fatigue related execution errors for the most part with poor lines and timing.

Your comment about Fainu not making it to the ruck is not referencing my comments correctly, i am not suggesting Fainu make every play the ball especially in the early parts of the set but he struggles to get to marker often more than he should----and also during attacking positions.

Fainu does some really nice things around the ruck and some beautiful offloads, as i said i'm not all that fussed about his attack at such a young age, variety will come and what he does he does very well----it is the overall energy especially in defence after either prolonged play or high intensity workloads---he fatigues much too fast in such situations.

Many times i see forwards overtaking Fainu running back the 10mtrs in sets, Fainu has a steady gliding pace about his work i just want to see more energy and spark.

Sue referencing Fainu's past cramping issues as proof it is not fitness related is missing the point, whatever the underlying issue is it is impacting/reducing his performance.

Fainu has to remain on his toes through the middle covering for his fatiguing forwards, at 10:28 to go in the game (where i think Paseka ankle taps a Melb player running into a hole) you see Fainu switching off for a brief second for a rest then reacting too late to cover if the player got through.

In saying that the cover play in the final stages of the second half is a great effort to get to the ball when the tank is running on or nearing empty----Fainu has a motor but you have to have an intensity about your work mixed in also, unless you are Cam Smith and have the highest Football IQ at your disposal to offer.

The Ok was part of another sentence that i didn't completely delete. (his work background reminded me i have better things to do than represent myself in court over a reply that will probably go over his head anyway----or twisted to mean something else because it gives him something to do)

I posted that as a joke mate.
That after 2 days you feel the need to explain why the punctuation mark was missing reveals a LOT about the way you deem yourself.
Maybe if you would be a tad more relaxed presenting your opinions if you didn't take yourself so seriously and the "against the grain" opinions may have a better reception.

By the way; what are the 3 hyphens (---)for and did you forget the comma after "Ok" and the full stop after "something to do" in the post you didn't completely delete, or only in your response here?

Chill out buddy and you will enjoy your time here more. Cheers.

referencing Fainu's past cramping issues

Before the Storm game, Fox commentators reported that Fainu suffered severe calf cramp twice during the warm up and required up to an hour's massage to be able to take the field. From his facial expressions, it seemed he was under physical duress for much of the game.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10