Factions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can't help but feel everything Zorba says is out of self-interest & keeping his family (Penns) & the Fultons happy.
There are two sides to every story

And if we are to improve as a club we must lift our game in the front office and on the field

I hope we can put egos and politics aside and focus on what is best for our Legendary club

There are two sides to every story

And if we are to improve as a club we must lift our game in the front office and on the field

I hope we can put egos and politics aside and focus on what is best for our Legendary club
There are actually multiple sides to every story - everyone involved's version & the actual truth.

Zorba's been white-anting the club with what he leaks to the media for years now.

If he's genuinely interested in what's best for the club then he'd keep his mouth shut instead of throwing Des & DCE under the bus while promoting the Penn's & Fulton's agenda under the guise of not knowing exactly what's going on.

If he's genuinely interested in what's best for the club then he'd keep his mouth shut instead of throwing Des & DCE under the bus while promoting the Penn's & Fulton's agenda under the guise of not knowing exactly what's going on.
We all have a different perspective and a say on what is the best for our club and so does Zorba

And somethings for the benefit of our club are best not told as it may do more damage

We all have a different perspective and a say on what is the best for our club and so does Zorba

And somethings for the benefit of our club are best not told as it may do more damage
Why does Zorba have the right to his say in the media?

Sure, he played for Manly but now that he's no longer employed by the club, any inside info he has will be via the Penns (family by marriage) & the Fultons (Scott being his godson).

Why should he be given a platform to air the views of those 2 factions while undermining Des & DCE?

Why does Zorba have the right to his say in the media?

Sure, he played for Manly but now that he's no longer employed by the club, any inside info he has will be via the Penns (family by marriage) & the Fultons (Scott being his godson).

Why should he be given a platform to air the views of those 2 factions while undermining Des & DCE?
Zorba has the right of say in the Media as all other long time club servants do
Media always turns to those type of people like Zorba

Zorba did say in that interview that he is a friend of Des and will always be

and like all true friends They tell you as it is

and the way our team performed this year it was not good enough

Zorba has the right of say in the Media as all other long time club servants do
Media always turns to those type of people like Zorba

Zorba did say in that interview that he is a friend of Des and will always be

and like all true friends They tell you as it is

and the way our team performed this year it was not good enough
Yeah, what a great friend - rather than tell Des "how it is" he's telling the media.

Even you are now suggesting our performance this season was all Des' fault.

Yeah, what a great friend - rather than tell Des "how it is" he's telling the media.

Even you are now suggesting our performance this season was all Des' fault.
I am sure as all friends do Zorba would have told Des what he told the Media

All at the club failed to raise the bar of excellence on and off the field

and all in our club are accountable

Quick take: sounds like the ‘strovster is more in Hasler’s corner right now, rather than Brott or Scett Fulton’s (or godfather Panoutas’s).

Also it sounds like he’s starting to apply a more rigorous operating framework (as opposed to the non-existent model of yore) across the Narravale organisation.

It might help if Cleal in particular quietly retired from his recruitment role. That seems to be a big bone of contention (Weidler raised it months ago) with the Bozo Brigade.

All this is sadly ironic on several levels. We all know that Cleal was a great mate of Bob Fulton’s. Now the kids apparently dislike the big fella.

Similarly c.late ‘83/early ‘84 was it Scott(?) who told dad that ”Mr Hasler is teaching at our school”. The rest is history, including this latest sorry chapter.

Last edited:
given a choice between
a) a bunch of back ended contracts giving a non-prestige club a 60% chance of getting a premiership over 2-3 years, and 1% chance of getting one in the remaining 5 years
b) no back ending and 5% chance of winning the comp in any given year
i know which one i'd take
me too.

unfortunately, people have short memories and are quick to cheer on the good times. They are even faster to forget what delivered those good times.

We are not Melbourne or roosters or Broncos with a naturally unfair advantage. we need to make our own advantage by whatever means necessary.

Spud:

“I thought he spoke fantastically, from the heart, which he does with everything... and there are fractions in the team.”

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8