Factions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Factions.jpg

View attachment 22234
Does Arko's opinion count these days? (probably not)
Probably more of a sense of resignation but after the failed N th Eagles experiment , also a sense of hope that things can settle down again soon . Must be quite a bit of dissatisfaction behind the scenes or in some Manly quarters with the likes of Max Krilich publicly casting doubt on Des 's overall coaching ability these days. So no doubt just more then internal politics or small scale power plays . Still can 't see the problem in giving Des an opportunity to turn things around sufficiently in the early stages of next season and with a full compliment of all available squad players to work with . But still some sort of a shake up or serious overview of some of the playing systems and game preparation and some possible staff changes . A bit of give and take no doubt , some better results expected on the field and not too much instability in the process of having or trying to get some improvement in the supporting roles or input .

Piece on the factions... Schu at the centre (as usual...)
How is Schuster at the centre? Lolol…..he’s mentioned once yet Foran , DCE etc are mentioned numerous times. Get off the kids back mate & get used to it…. He’ll be 5/8 next year. Is there anyone that plays for Manly that you like?

As usual, garbage 'journalism' by James 'Scuttlebutt' Hooper.
I would say he is pretty close to the mark in that article on a range of issues. A bit of hyperbole thrown in (e.g. that factional fights have been going on since 1947), but he covers the key issues like:

a. Who would do a better job as coach? and

b. Having a US-based chairman is not an optimal solution and would the organisation be better off with another owner? Answer: quite possible.

How is Schuster at the centre? Lolol…..he’s mentioned once yet Foran , DCE etc are mentioned numerous times. Get off the kids back mate & get used to it…. He’ll be 5/8 next year. Is there anyone that plays for Manly that you like?
It says that Des is/was backing Foz and Fulton's are all-in on Schu... seems like the centre to me...

I think this debate is solved by a simple question. I'll premise it by saying that Foran had a great year as 5/8 and was one of our two most consistent performers. Yet the team finished 11th.
Q: How can the team expect to improve unless we make significant changes?

I think this debate is solved by a simple question. I'll premise it by saying that Foran had a great year as 5/8 and was one of our two most consistent performers. Yet the team finished 11th.
He was one of our best performers throughout, despite having an inconsistent pack in front of him.

DCE on the other hand - his performances fell away post-Origin, in line with the forwards.*

*Caveat: it was also the time of Rainbowgate.

Okay, I saw Turbo in Mona Vale Dan Murphy's on Wednesday night so that must mean he has a drinking problem.

Let's see how long it takes one of these muckrakers to read this & suggest Turbo has an alcohol abuse problem.

Okay, I saw Turbo in Mona Vale Dan Murphy's on Wednesday night so that must mean he has a drinking problem.

Let's see how long it takes one of these muckrakers to read this & suggest Turbo has an alcohol abuse problem.
That story will be used in the next NRL fox 360 episode

Umm… perhaps by getting rid of under-performers and inconsistent performers rather than your best performer… revolutionary eh! @:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8