Factions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jake is a Great Player and I love his passion

But he is too nice to be captain . He is that nice loving Puppy dog that keeps waging his tail

As a leader we want a rottweiler character who growls his teeth
I agree with you there Bozo.

In 2008 and 2011
We had the same staffing model in the HO and that did not stop us from conquering the NRL

The HO do not win games on the field but only Great players do

The sooner we rebuild with dominating players .

The sooner we start to dominate

The Melbourne cup will never be won by Donkeys

See the source image
Well said @:)

Arko wouldn't of put up with this crap.

It seems that Penn isn't going to sell.
Mestrov needs to be given full control to fire and hire whoever he wants and get this infighting sorted, 20+ years of it is enough.

Shouldn't matter who your dad, mum or mate is, you not working towards the clubs best interest then see you later.

Last edited:
Arko wouldn't of put up with this crap.

It seems that Penn isn't going to sell.
Mestrov needs to given full control to fire and hire whoever he wants and get this infighting sorted, 20+ years of it is enough.

Shouldn't matter who your dad, mum or mate is, you not working towards the clubs best interest then see you later.
Des had full control with the salary cap with us and the dogs and he messed up big time
Des should just concentrate on coaching the players

Des had full control with the salary cap with us and the dogs and he messed up big time
Des should just concentrate on coaching the players

I said something similar in another thread.
I don't think Des is a bad coach but try to run everything is too much for him and it's effecting his coaching.
Give Des to the end of the month to decide if he wants to be part of the new way or retire.
Take control back and let him coach.

Mestrov can put his team in with everyone on the same page, get rid of the trouble makers.

Mestrov can put his team in with everyone on the same page, get rid of the trouble makers.
I do not believe we have trouble makers in the team .

The fact is All teams have playing group preferences

The only trouble makers are the Media

Factions have played a big part of our history these last 20 years BUT as has been said.

Penn will decide all.
There have always been factions. Same as at any club.

However when we had strong personalities like Arthurson and later Stanton as club secretary/CEO, that stuff was reigned in.

Sometimes CEOs overstep the mark, so Mestrov needs to be careful. In between Arko and Biscuits you had John Tenison, who overreacted to a semi final loss in 1984 by showing many players the door, before he died whilst he holidaying in Vanuatu later that year.

Then Doug Daley, who threw the baby out with the bath water in 1989, when they were looking to ease Thommo as coach, who the players loved, ultimately replacing him with Lowe. So Daley gave the players an ultimatum - put up or get out. Several did get out, including Dale Shearer and Daley’s son.

As my dad said at the time, ‘this wouldn’t have happened under Arthurson’.

Just from memory, when Des rejoined wasn't one of the contract stipulations that while he could be involved in recruitment and retention of players, he would have no part in negotiating price.

This was done to avoid the back ended contracts that burned both us and the Dogs.

There have always been factions. Same as at any club.

However when we had strong personalities like Arthurson and later Stanton as club secretary/CEO, that stuff was reigned in.

Sometimes CEOs overstep the mark, so Mestrov needs to be careful. In between Arko and Biscuits you had John Tenison, who overreacted to a semi final loss in 1984 by showing many players the door, before he died whilst he holidaying in Vanuatu later that year.

Then Doug Daley, who threw the baby out with the bath water in 1989, when they were looking to ease Thommo as coach, who the players loved, ultimately replacing him with Lowe. So Daley gave the players an ultimatum - put up or get out. Several did get out, including Dale Shearer and Daley’s son.

As my dad said at the time, ‘this wouldn’t have happened under Arthurson’.

Rowdy still regrets taking up that offer. Like Fatty at the time, he never wanted to leave Manly.

Rowdy still regrets taking up that offer. Like Fatty at the time, he never wanted to leave Manly.
For different reasons. Vautin was forced out because of the incoming salary cap. Plus I don’t think Lowe was too keen on a player whom he thought could be a troublemaker.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8