Ethan Bullemor

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Damn that's a major insult haha. Have you seen Waddell play lately??

Hopefully Bully isn't going to be on THAT level
Waddell's okay. Mobile. Tries hard. Tackles hard. They are pretty similar. Won't be a world beater, and probably decent depth.

Very fast when he gets going, quite excited to see how he goes this year
Agreed @h2727 Bullemore is only 3 games into his Manly career. Two of those being trials. Right now he is still settling in to a new role, in a new club. He is also adapting his playing style to fit the role(s) that Des has asked him to play. I
I think he will be integral to our success this year, and will probably score more tries than any other Manly forward.

Waddell's okay. Mobile. Tries hard. Tackles hard. They are pretty similar. Won't be a world beater, and probably decent depth.
Very polite of you, although I 'rate' Waddell as one of the worst forwards in the game

So bloody ill disciplined and I don't think he's as mobile as he was for us in his first season. It's been all downhill from that debut season imo. He's probably a scholar and a gentleman in real life, but boy he does some stupid things in games.

Just had a quick look at the kennel and found this funny coming from a bulldogs fan given the state their squad is in
"We shouldn't have to watch Flanagan, Stimson or Waddell play anymore unless we have multiple injuries... seriously."​

Last edited by a moderator:
Mate with the upside he has, Bullemor isn’t even comparable with Corey Waddell. Ex players (better judges than you or I) have talked about him as a potential representative player in the future. I don’t think you’d find those sort of raps on Corey.

Very much disagree.

Been pleased with him so far
Im in the same boat i think he is alot better than waddell. I never ever rated that guy and he proved me right every game. When he left i was over the moon... this kid Bullemor has already shown us more than waddell and he plays outside Foran with decent speed. Im certain he will bag many a try this year off short balls and short stabbing kicks (much like Horo)

Im in the same boat i think he is alot better than waddell. I never ever rated that guy and he proved me right every game. When he left i was over the moon... this kid Bullemor has already shown us more than waddell and he plays outside Foran with decent speed. Im certain he will bag many a try this year off short balls and short stabbing kicks (much like Horo)
I do think as soon as a player leaves us, Silvertails.tends to make them pariahs and useless, when they actually aren't.

I mean , people bagged AFB when he left.

Waddell was actually capable of being a ball player. He was FAST as forwards go. He hit hard in defense. I really liked him, and despite people suggesting I'm insulting EB calling him Waddell, I'm actually not. They have many of the same attributes.

VERY solid depth.

8. Paseka
9. Croker
10. Taupau
11. Haumole
12. Schuster
13. Jake

14. Lawton
15. Keppie
16. Aloiai
17. Davey, Walker, Sipley

I don't see a spot for him besides being quality depth. Like Waddell.

Mate with the upside he has, Bullemor isn’t even comparable with Corey Waddell. Ex players (better judges than you or I) have talked about him as a potential representative player in the future. I don’t think you’d find those sort of raps on Corey.
Agreed I thought Bullemor was ok... there were probably 4 of the others who were a long way behind his effort

Ah I see, I thought you meant it as an insult, I never rated Wadell.

Nothing about being a pariah for leaving, just not very good.

I'd have him back here tbh.

Then again, of all our backrowers in recent years, Thompson, Jake, Schuster, Lawton, Keppie, Gosiewski, Waddell, my favourite was Lane. We should have always kept Lane, but I think he had a falling out with Barrett unfortunately.

Bullemor offers a bit in attack. He was lost in defence on that left edge. Give him some time to settle in before being to hard, although I did vent a bit on Thursday night.

I wasn’t bothered by Lane or Waddell leaving but they weren’t the worst to wear the maroon and white either. Probably thought Waddell got bagged more than he deserved.

Can only see Bullemor getting better and no substitute for genuine speed and mobility even in the ruck area . Already have a strike 2 nd rower in Oloka - atu with also solid defence and quite hopeful that Bullimor can replicate this

I do think as soon as a player leaves us, Silvertails.tends to make them pariahs and useless, when they actually aren't.

I mean , people bagged AFB when he left.

Waddell was actually capable of being a ball player. He was FAST as forwards go. He hit hard in defense. I really liked him, and despite people suggesting I'm insulting EB calling him Waddell, I'm actually not. They have many of the same attributes.

VERY solid depth.

8. Paseka
9. Croker
10. Taupau
11. Haumole
12. Schuster
13. Jake

14. Lawton
15. Keppie
16. Aloiai
17. Davey, Walker, Sipley

I don't see a spot for him besides being quality depth. Like Waddell.
I recall making many posts hoping that he would leave, well before he left

To be fair I was a ****ing child on this site for a few years though, and any bad performance would bring out the yarts and rants (and that still happens a little bit to this day)

People did bag AFB and a lot of it was probably due to saltiness. Although as for AFB leaving there were still some positives to draw from it (both at the time, and retrospectively). We had to dramatically change our forward pack. He was great for us no doubt, but once he left It caused our second rowers to have to stand up or be set aside (and the latter eventually proved true, for the better). We adapted our pack to be more mobile and to get more workload from the back-row, although it could do with some more slight changes again this year imo to keep improving.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bully is a good attacking player and will score plenty of tries for us against the weaker sides and when The Shoe returns and puts him into space. But, imo, he's not what our pack needs, which is a 'mongrel' like JWH who will act as our intimidator. Currently we have big bodies but, with the possible exception of Guaca, all of them are relatively passive. Tent is a perfect example; huge man but too nice to be an attack dog. It's a pity he is not more like Melbourne's Man Mountain Nelson.
I still believe we lost an opportunity to have such an enforcer when Tenterfield left. I don't know the circumstances; perhaps he quit or was never going to make it in the NRL. But from the lower grade matches I saw he was a fiery forward leader.

I must admit I was very excited when we signed Ethan Bullemor. While he may not have set the world on fire I believe he has played well however he seems to be the first player dropped after each loss.

Many on here have talked about our line speed and our inability to adjust to the pace of the game. I will confess I do not know 100% his best position however I thought he joined us as a middle forward.

My main point and question is - why cant he play a similar prop/middle forward role like Rueben Cotter from the Cowboys? This guy runs hard, hits hard and is full of energy AND he is smaller than Bullemor. Given our struggles with go forward so far this year I just don't get it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8