Ethan Bullemor

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I must admit I was very excited when we signed Ethan Bullemor. While he may not have set the world on fire I believe he has played well however he seems to be the first player dropped after each loss.

Many on here have talked about our line speed and our inability to adjust to the pace of the game. I will confess I do not know 100% his best position however I thought he joined us as a middle forward.

My main point and question is - why cant he play a similar prop/middle forward role like Rueben Cotter from the Cowboys? This guy runs hard, hits hard and is full of energy AND he is smaller than Bullemor. Given our struggles with go forward so far this year I just don't get it.

My take .. without any qualification ... is that he simply hasn't imposed himself on the game ... he hasn't as you suggested Cotter does, play with energy ... he seems to have done his job okay IMO .. but he hasn't looked to go above and beyond .. he hasn't put his hand up and said look at me ..

And, he needs to get a war face .. and use it ..

Ethan has the pace and skill but I believe the reason he gets dropped is because he does not display the aggression and the intimidation of dominant forward . He is a bit too passive .
He needs to put more passion aggression and intensity into his game
Possibly true. But you can play no-nonsense football and gain your opponents' respect without doing stupidly aggressively things like Keppie has been doing, costing us dearly.
If this is DESpicable's rationale for selecting teams then I guess we'll not see DeLuxe again in First Grade.

Possibly true. But you can play no-nonsense football and gain your opponents' respect without doing stupidly aggressively things like Keppie has been doing, costing us dearly.
If this is DESpicable's rationale for selecting teams then I guess we'll not see DeLuxe again in First Grade.
I was talking about controlled aggression . You are right. Out of control Stupid penalties costs us games

As most have said he has to lift his intensity ,for me he is a middle forward good speed, leg drive , good motor,just run hard find his front quick playtheball ,is still only young so work in progress

Bullemor is not being utilised properly by Des,either due to injuries and he’s been playing out of position on an edge or because he’s the new boy and he hasn’t earned his spot like others in Des’ eyes.I think he’s a middle forward and has played his best there and has been in better form than Taupau and Keppie.I can’t believe he’s the first one dropped every time.Obviously Des sees more than us fans,but given the errors/penalties Taupau and Keppie have cost the team,I can’t understand why Bullemor hasn’t been given a consistent run in the middle

To put my hand up, whilst he was a middle he whole career, when we signed him I was convinved he would make a great edge.

Got that one wrong. Keep him in the middle, let him develop there, think he has good potential

To put my hand up, whilst he was a middle he whole career, when we signed him I was convinved he would make a great edge.

Got that one wrong. Keep him in the middle, let him develop there, think he has good potential
The question is how much time do we give him to "develop" not sure what we paid for Bully, but definitely not getting any bang for our buck.

The question is how much time do we give him to "develop" not sure what we paid for Bully, but definitely not getting any bang for our buck.
He is a 22 year old middle forward who has played 32 NRL games mainly off the bench.

So to answer you, plenty more time.

We are so often impatient with young players and write them off far too soon.

I've wondered if it's just been a bit harder than anticipated for him to settle into Sydney, and into the existing squad, in which he's pretty much the only new import. One emotional victory is hopefully all it will take, and no better time than tomorrow

Still young and will only improve, has all the assets to become a solid NRL player.
I feel he lacks energy to get involved at times, but the key factor he sits out at this point is his defensive technique, he makes the odd good contact, but much of his defence is rubbery and even hand grabs, allowing breaks and often fast opposition play the balls that give them momentum and tempo in attack.

Still young and will only improve, has all the assets to become a solid NRL player.
I feel he lacks energy to get involved at times, but the key factor he sits out at this point is his defensive technique, he makes the odd good contact, but much of his defence is rubbery and even hand grabs, allowing breaks and often fast opposition play the balls that give them momentum and tempo in attack.
Yes and I am sure he is not a fan of huge body on body contact in attack or defence. I think he shies away from both - I could be wrong but from what I have seen he certainly wont be charging full pelt at anyone.

One emotional victory is hopefully all it will take, and no better time than tomorrow
What a win this will be !!!

The win that will lift our spirits , confidence and our moral
The win that will define what we are really made of
The win that will take away our unwanted flat track bullies tag
The win that will earn us respect

At the end of each game sports arenas are filled with forces of emotion .
The ecstasy of winning and the anguish of losing

May the winning force be with us on Thursday night

1653461953857.png

I've wondered if it's just been a bit harder than anticipated for him to settle into Sydney, and into the existing squad, in which he's pretty much the only new import. One emotional victory is hopefully all it will take, and no better time than tomorrow
I felt sorry for him the other week because he actively looked to get out of Brisbane because they were struggling and we were ‘on the up’ after last year...

The following season has rolled around and Brisbane are top 4 contenders and thrashed us 38-0

Hope he has a big game. We saw some of his potential against tigers but definitely has much more in him.

I think there is a consistent first grade player somewhere inside him.

As others have mentioned he has to be in the middle rotation.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10