Pre-Game Eels v Manly [Round 16, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

34 4
CommBank Stadium
17 Jun 2023 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Paulo in an already understrength Eels pack and we need to play straight through them.
Apart from Gutho floating around trying to spark stuff, there's a real lack of direction....
We have lucked in with no Brown, no Moses and the big man Paulo out of the middle, I see us winning that forward clash and setting up a dogged win......hopefully young Arthur can come in and simply give decent direction and a good running game and not force anything.
Playing deep in their territory, mistakes will come and I see a Manly side paying overs who can easily grab the 2 points this Saturday.

Interesting.
Which club will be hurt most by the absence of their three brightest stars: Manly, minus Turbo, Jurbo and DCE or Doesn'tmatta minus Moses, Junior and Brown?
Personally, I have little confidence in our team minus our best three players. I fear Gutherson, who I believe is the driving force of the Eels. Had he been missing I'd be confident.

We have to make the most of this game, must win specially now we have been gifted Mosses, Paulo and Browns absence.
Don't care about the how much or hpw ugly, just bring the 2 points home and also prove we can string a win after a great performance.

Unfortunately something we haven't done this year

Both sides with impressive outs, this will be a test of character and give us, the supporters some real confidence of the integrity of the players.

Thanks for your inside knowledge on possible Parra selection picks. Are you feeling confident with those players out, or a bit weary on what Manly might bring.
Not really sure on what I think for this one

One thing I can say, is that Jake Arthur is in a very unusual spot

Playing against a team which has trained against him for years, could be disastrous. For him, or for Parra

There are a few variables that make it hard to pick

I'll get back to you when the squads are announced

Playing against a team which has trained against him for years, could be disastrous. For him, or for Parra

Do those one eyed eels know you're here? ;)

Very good point regarding Jakob, it is my concern too, that the occasion may overwhelm him as its his very first game against not just a team he was with, but daddy dear, friends as well a d the emotional circumstances of why he left re fans.

He may try to overplay his hand or go in a shell, hopefully neither and he has a solid hit out but hard to pick

Very good point regarding Jakob, it is my concern too, that the occasion may overwhelm him as its his very first game against not just a team he was with, but daddy dear, friends as well a d the emotional circumstances of why he left re fans.

He may try to overplay his hand or go in a shell, hopefully neither and he has a solid hit out but hard to pick

I more meant playing against someone who knows your playing style inside-out, from training against each other for years

It could be disastrous, either way. For him or Parra

I think you'll probably see Jake played pretty conservatively in your game plan for this reason

Either that, or played in some way unconventional to his style

Let's hope he makes Daddy proud (not by sabotaging Manly, but by having a major role in Manly's victory)

Us on 6 wins and in the 8 only due to the bye is inflating our position. There are 6 other teams hovering below us on the same number of wins or one less.
Not true that we are only in the 8 'due to the bye'. Every team below us on the ladder has lost more games than we have.

Even with Parra missing their halves and Paulo I still have no confidence when we are missing Turbo. Add in DCE and Jake and I don't expect a miracle win here.

So.. thought about heading to Parra on Saturday - $110 for an adult and child in the away bay - add on transport and food and bev no change out of $200 - really? For a game missing all the origin players that is an absolute disgrace - have the NRL lost the plot - nice shiny new stadium but that's taking the p!$$!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8