Pre-Game Eels v Manly [Round 16, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

34 4
CommBank Stadium
17 Jun 2023 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defence will be the issue that could be Manly's undoing. No Jake, No DCE. Big defenders leaving holes in the centre. I think Manly has the points in them, its whether they can defend effectively. This team tends to leak points too easily at times. Tui for example needs to stick with his wingman. Too often wanders from his wing, and Sivo is a danger man to mark. Thank heavens Croker is there. He may not be the most effective attacking hooker, but he's top class for defense.

Defence will be the issue that could be Manly's undoing. No Jake, No DCE. Big defenders leaving holes in the centre. I think Manly has the points in them, its whether they can defend effectively. This team tends to leak points too easily at times. Tui for example needs to stick with his wingman. Too often wanders from his wing, and Sivo is a danger man to mark. Thank heavens Croker is there. He may not be the most effective attacking hooker, but he's top class for defense.
Arthur is not a bad defender and Keppie has been pretty solid in defence - if everybody plays their best defensive roll we should be ok.

Sadly I’m less optimistic than I was earlier in the week, both sides with a few out but the Eels with the home ground advantage.

Unless we see a massive spirited effort from the boys it’s Eels by 13+ for me

the Eels with the home ground advantage.
The Home ground advantage Perspective ....

Home is where the heart is
We should always feel at home wearing our Inspirational Legendary Manly Jersey
1686977576750.png

I splashed out and bet $5 on Manly today to win by either - 1,3,5,7 or 9 pts ($1 on each lol).

So who will kick my magic field goal? Likely out of Croker, Schuster or Garrick.

Or of course Parra could kick one and try and defend their lead and we come storming home at the death and get in front

I splashed out and bet $5 on Manly today to win by either - 1,3,5,7 or 9 pts ($1 on each lol).

So who will kick my magic field goal? Likely out of Croker, Schuster or Garrick.

Or of course Parra could kick one and try and defend their lead and we come storming home at the death and get in front
Jakob could be your man. Has an excellent kicking game. GL

Ben Condon has been named in the Blacktown workers side. It appears Aaron Woods will be moving to the bench. Based upon what I have seen I would rate Condon ahead of Woods.

We seriously have the forward pack to dominate the Eels today. I just hope the ref allows for a free flowing game without too many 6 agains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8