Pre-Game Eels v Manly [Round 16, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

34 4
CommBank Stadium
17 Jun 2023 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pivotal game in quite a few ways , somehow to jag a win and will help big time to keep in touch with a top 8 position and onward progression from there . Won 't have the same latitude then against the Dolphins but sure that the side will be very intent to keep some good momentum going . Forward lineup should be able to more then hold their own , just how well Shu , Weekes and particularly Jacob Arthers can go to give the backs the right direction and attacking opportunities will probably be the key . Defensively should go O K , some good mobility through the squad should help with that and Eels have their share of capable attackers as well . Big game from Shu probably will be the biggest factor to get Manly home .

Lets hope we can make them pay.

Us on 6 wins and in the 8 only due to the bye is inflating our position. There are 6 other teams hovering below us on the same number of wins or one less.

This is a must win.

Accurate postion without byes is equal 8th with Parra and the Dolphins. The byes effect the ladder much less than people think.

Agree an important game though.

So.. thought about heading to Parra on Saturday - $110 for an adult and child in the away bay - add on transport and food and bev no change out of $200 - really? For a game missing all the origin players that is an absolute disgrace - have the NRL lost the plot - nice shiny new stadium but that's taking the p!$$!
Yeah I'm going, $200 for the two of us.

Couldnt figure out the discount either so just paid it.

Crazy!!

Great stadium though

On paper imo we are stronger. Take Cooper Johns out of the line up vs knights (from the start) and every chance we win that one. If our pack come out like they have the last 2 games, we are a massive chance to win this. No excuses as Eels have players out as well. Looking forward to Sat arvo.
100% Waz, never get a better chance to beat this mob. Even with us not having Turbo, DCE and Jake out. They have Mosses, Brown, jnr Paulo and Lane all missing. Will be interesting to see what the bookies have us now.

Its a must win. We have already blown points we should have bagged this season (3 points to Newcastle) and can't afford to do it again this season. Win this and we are in the hunt for the finals. Just as importantly the side needs to start playing with the same level of intensity they played with last week every week. I hope the referees don't spoil this contest.

The worry I have is they have the biggest game breaker in the field. The Ref! I have a sick feeling we’re going to get stitched up in this one bad.
Agreed. The NRL already have the Parra fairytale story written and it doesn't include losing to the big bad sea eagles.

Jakob Arthur in his Fox post match winning interview …..

Rt Podcast Daddy Issues GIF by Rooster Teeth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12