Pre-Game Eels v Manly [Round 16, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

34 4
CommBank Stadium
17 Jun 2023 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s the up and down nature of the competition.

Who’d of picked St Merge to beat South’s ??

And Drugcastle almost knocked over the Donkeys.

You win one you lose one , it’s the way it’s going for most teams this year bar the front two.

It’s the up and down nature of the competition.

Who’d of picked St Merge to beat South’s ??

And Drugcastle almost knocked over the Donkeys.

You win one you lose one , it’s the way it’s going for most teams this year bar the front two.
With the players Souths had out, lots of people could have predicted that

Surely a no brainer to choose JA in the number 7 against his old club...but i still wont be surprised to see Johns chosen there.

Toby to fullback and leave the centres as they were on the weekend. Really disappointed that Weekes hasn't kicked on this season.

Hopefully Qld choose Hopgood as we cant defend against offloads and he'll have a field day.

"No mistakes" other than letting in two tries...
Cut him a bit of slack eb, Tui isn't alone in that, its happens to every winger, more so this season. The phins have Osako and the hammer two fast finishing backs, just looking at it realistically.

Freddie is desperate because he knows he loses the job if this years series is lost. I reckon it will be Reynolds and Walker. But if Moses plays well today he’s a chance.

Isn’t Walker ruled out with injury?
I think Walker Mitchell and Murray all missed Souths game but not officially ruled out of Origin?
Because walker must be in some doubt I tip Fittler will choose Moses and Luai as NSW halves and a big NSW win ... in the dead rubber 3rd game!

Freddie is desperate because he knows he loses the job if this years series is lost. I reckon it will be Reynolds and Walker. But if Moses plays well today he’s a chance.
His attack is great, but Reynolds defence on Saturday was exposed a number of times in one on one situations. And that was against the Knights, which is hardly what the Maroons will throw at him.

Hynes was too ordinary yesterday to pick him as starting #7, which as you say leaves Moses. There really isn't anyone else unless they do the unthinkably dumb and pick someone out of position like Matt Burton.

Geez this levels up the contest with us next Saturday. No Brown, Moses or Paulo. We need a big game from Weekes at the back to really swing this game.

Looking forward to seeing Jake play against his old team. Not sure about weekes though. Agree with you Bozo about Toby playing well but not sure he’s physically big enough for NRL. I feel as though he’ll be manhandled. Wondering whether Garrick would be better at fullback, Weekes to wing and Tui to centre. I know Garrick was great at centre but he’s also an excellent fill in for Turbo.
Toby is a tough feathered friend . I think he can handle the NRL
I hope he gets the opportunity to prove he can

Seibs on the radio this arvo said Weekes and Arthur to cover for DCE and Tom, also said looking at Garrick to be a long term centre, now whether that means for the next game or when tom returns I guess we'll know Tuesday
Garrick was sensational at centre last week . I like the way Seibs is thinking in keeping Garick at centre long term
The underperforming Weekes gets another change to prove him self .
Arthur against his Dad and his old club will be a very emotional affair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8