Post-Game Discussion Eels v Manly [Round 11, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Eels
Vs
Sea Eagles
22 CommBank Stadium
20 May 2022 19:55
80th minute

Match Stats

Forget the penalty count
They layer over every tackle and we're offside to the point it was embarrassing
Been involved with rugby league many years and never seen worse calls
Proud of our boys tonight- had a full dig and came off that field winners regardless of the crap scoreboard

Last edited:
You need a lot More than effort to win games.

Still committed way to many mistakes and poor options that detracted from our effort.

The worst call of the night was Pauli’s forward pass that was then knocked on by Harper.

Dick fingers still should be caught it and we probably hold on to win

Harper just can’t be trusted to not make multiple mistakes. And he isn’t good enough to take the bad with the little good.

Davey offers very little, I’ve never seen the fuss. Cherry has no idea how to unlock his outside men who are among the most dangerous ball runners the club has had in recent memory.

Croker has a good game, but still has a sloppy passing game

Keppie and tapau are both horrible players.

Did des actually say anything of substance in the presser?

I just don’t understand why the Parramatta players think they won the game and are king sh*t. They should be contrite and recognise that they didn’t deserve that.

We got what our Game Management deserved. I just can't forgive not taking the 2 before half time. Once again going for the glory play and not the percentage is what costs us DCE.

Sure we missed some from the side line. But where did the eels kick the winner from. Just got to be better.

Some wins are more than 2 points. Losing that costs so so much more than 2 points. Its closer to 10. Our Boys just put everything into it. Hard to back it up the same way next week. Not just the energy. But the emotion. Win it and it's a different story blokes are on a high.
We are finding ways to lose games, when we are the better team by miles.
And that's not even including the Tom factor now being out.
Our Discipline.............at clutch moments. Wow.

Last edited:
I just don’t understand why the Parramatta players think they won the game and are king sh*t. They should be contrite and recognise that they didn’t deserve that.

Nice thought but that has never and will never ever happen in sport ever.

Koula was very impressive with leaping for high balls (outleaped Lane on one occasion) and hard hits. Wish Des would bite the bullet and play him at fullback as it would bring a new dimension our attack. Unless some other outside backs return from injury next week, Walker may be selected in the centres.

image000000(1).jpg

Just to top off the worst display of reffing since the 2013 GF at the end Parra forced the ball with 35 secs on the clock. The shot clock of 25 secs should have meant Manly had one more tackle from the drop out. Maybe even the possibility of a 2 pt field goal. Cummins or the video ref waited 10 secs before starting the clock so they wouldn't have to restart play.
Also with the crusher on Marty Cummings only called it because you could hear the touchie calling it. Cummins repeatedly told Parra they could challenge it. No such suggestion with the Ola supposed crushed.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4