Dylan Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You mean Benji. I dont see why Schuster couldn't be our x factor off the bench. Foran is only playing 1 season and imo we are better with him. You spoke of his win rate. He played for the dogs and the only time they looked good was when he played. Also check dces win rate this season
Benji and barba are the same person according to a former nrl chairman

So we don't have a 80 min hooker and people are suggesting we waste two interchanges on the 5/8 position by swapping the shoe for foz twice in a game. Plus swap 9 for 14 . That's three interchanges burnt by a team that has not shown it can adjust to six again footy and that has injury prone fullback and Walker (centre?) God help us if a back gets injured.

That's potentially four interchanges burnt while other teams have used zero.

So looks like Jake is playing 80mins every week as is our backrow. Then other benchies are filling in for centre or fullback due to injuries.

Mind blown.
I like how qld kept 2 halves and 2 dummy halves on the field sharing duties in attack. No need to interchange them.

I like how qld kept 2 halves and 2 dummy halves on the field sharing duties in attack. No need to interchange them.
It happened in a few games this year.
I just think it's stupid to use two interchanges on the six position, when we don't have an 89min hooker.
Props will use four changes on their own.

You mean Benji. I dont see why Schuster couldn't be our x factor off the bench. Foran is only playing 1 season and imo we are better with him. You spoke of his win rate. He played for the dogs and the only time they looked good was when he played. Also check dces win rate this season

Actually I meant Benji. Dumb of me.

It seems to me far more logical with a body not as durable as it was, that Foran off the bench is far more logical, and I'll explain why.

He may have looked good playing at the Dogs, looking good doesn't win games and I suspect being so much in your favour, you looked for anything he did positively.

If you look at the results of the past 4 years Auckland 2016 won 38% of their games but only 29% when Foran was on the field. Bulldogs 2017 won 38% of their games but only 25% when Foran was there. Bulldogs 2019 won 40% and 43% when Foran was there and Bulldogs 2020 15% but 14% when Foran was on the field. Its of course just stats and there are many variables to consider, but it does imply that his impact was at best little more effective than if he wasn't on the field. May have looked good, but didn't translate to wins. He had a better win ratio in 2015 at Parramatta but then he played only 9 games. Thing is, his body wasn't up to the rigors of full games. That's now pretty obvious. That's why a part time hookers role is ideal. Can still use his skill tool box, but doesn't have to last out the full 80 minutes.

I realise you have a great affection for Foran as is obvious in your avatar. No question he has been a top player and sad to see his body give out on him. My suspicion is that Des brought him over, because he was really cheap (with a TPA attached) and he was desperate for someone to handle dummy half with Fainu unavailable and Levi shown the door. To me its a one year quick fix with a player with unquestioned skill, but on the decline body wise. Perfect fit. Seems logical to me, with a potential star 5/8 on the rise. Of course nothing I say will alter your opinion, and fair enough. Good luck to you. We'll just have to wait until the season starts to see what the enigmatic Des decides. I'll be surprised if Foran is 5/8, but I am quite enthused with his likely position at dummy half where he can do a Cam Smith and use his nous and good service to decide which direction to direct the attack. To me that's an ideal fit.

Actually I meant Benji. Dumb of me.

It seems to me far more logical with a body not as durable as it was, that Foran off the bench is far more logical, and I'll explain why.

He may have looked good playing at the Dogs, looking good doesn't win games and I suspect being so much in your favour, you looked for anything he did positively.

If you look at the results of the past 4 years Auckland 2016 won 38% of their games but only 29% when Foran was on the field. Bulldogs 2017 won 38% of their games but only 25% when Foran was there. Bulldogs 2019 won 40% and 43% when Foran was there and Bulldogs 2020 15% but 14% when Foran was on the field. Its of course just stats and there are many variables to consider, but it does imply that his impact was at best little more effective than if he wasn't on the field. May have looked good, but didn't translate to wins. He had a better win ratio in 2015 at Parramatta but then he played only 9 games. Thing is, his body wasn't up to the rigors of full games. That's now pretty obvious. That's why a part time hookers role is ideal. Can still use his skill tool box, but doesn't have to last out the full 80 minutes.

I realise you have a great affection for Foran as is obvious in your avatar. No question he has been a top player and sad to see his body give out on him. My suspicion is that Des brought him over, because he was really cheap (with a TPA attached) and he was desperate for someone to handle dummy half with Fainu unavailable and Levi shown the door. To me its a one year quick fix with a player with unquestioned skill, but on the decline body wise. Perfect fit. Seems logical to me, with a potential star 5/8 on the rise. Of course nothing I say will alter your opinion, and fair enough. Good luck to you. We'll just have to wait until the season starts to see what the enigmatic Des decides. I'll be surprised if Foran is 5/8, but I am quite enthused with his likely position at dummy half where he can do a Cam Smith and use his nous and good service to decide which direction to direct the attack. To me that's an ideal fit.

I'd like ANYBODY to show me a game in 2020 where he was effective for 80 mins.
He faded in every single game, all his good things he did was before 60 mins -and I'm being generous there. The last 20 he was invisible.

Picking players out of position is not smart and is usually desperation due to injuries. In my view Croker doesn't make the 17 when all hands are on deck and Cust only as a 14 whilst Fainu is out or Foran is unavailable. If Foran is not up to playing dummy half he should not have been signed. I hope when Des was resigned there were clear KPI's and expectations about giving young talent time on the field. I agree with Bearfax that our coach's decisions last year were disappointing and telling. Lets not kid ourselves, notwithstanding injuries we were so far off the pace last year it was cringe worthy. The lack of depth last year was due to a terrible injury toll, but it was also a product of poor recruitment and questionable resignings. This lack of depth last year was aggravated by not using all of the players in the top 30. The whole joint needs a shake up and a reboot. Des was a great player and a great coach and Foz was a great player. Its what happens now that will generate success not what happened in the distant past. You don't get faster as you get older and the modern game is getting faster and faster.

Cheers mate, the wound became infected because they removed the drain too soon so I look like being stuck in here for a while, and yes the nurses in here are gorgeous most of them, if I was 50 yrs younger I'd get myself in all kinds of trouble, as long as the missus said it was ok of course ;=)
bloody hell !!! ..... how old are you?!

Patience is the key Ron. I had double knee replacements a couple of years ago and thought I could hurry up the recovery after two weeks by walking 2ks every day and bending the knees until it hurt. I ended up with a bleed in my left knee and back in hospital for a week. The rehab as recommended is the way to go.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Patience is the key Ron. I had double knee replacements a couple of years ago and thought I could hurry up the recovery after two weeks by walking 2ks every day and bending the knees until it hurt. I ended up with a bleed in my left knee and back in hospital for a week. The rehab as recommended is the way to go.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Are you sure it wasn't that you really liked the nurses?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4