Dragon party

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
@Mark from Brisbane
Sing with me feathered friend ....

Puff the magic dragons Partied by the sea
Ignored all covid health and safety rules And frolicked so Happily
Little Matty Dufty loved that rascal Vaughan
But when the cops came crashing in Matty took off and he was gone

lol.

that's hard to read without singing the tune in your head!

Also...
I guess if they wont sign the documents as (obv) they'd be lying, maybe there should be more of an investigation. Surely there's some lady out there feeling scorned that her 'man' doesn't like her enough to admit she was there...?!

Hard to think there's no vid footage.

It's kinda a strange one for me.

On one hand the moronic players seemed to have fibbed and colluded to get their stories straight, run away from the cops, hid under beds... and yet we're supposed to believe that now there were only those named players and Vaughn's wife at the bbq? Yeah right.

On the other... for the nrl to come out and arbitrarily demand that the guilty sign some stat dec as a condition of returning to training and playing reeks of overstepping their boundaries straight into (once again) the v'landy dictatorship arena. So they can go f themselves. I'd like to be able to put that document in front of the nrl (really...you say cronulla were under the cap in 2015?)

Eventually the players' union may find a breaking point where they say: "We're not doing this, and let's see if you're happy with games not going ahead." - or something like that.

As I have said this story has a long long way to go yet. Massive implications for the League - financial penalties from the networks for a forfeit and that is what I gather will happen because the League will have to suspend them all for longer or put them in quarantine for 14 days. St George wont have enough players in the bubble to cope with suspensions or quarantine. The simple reality is that... there were women/other people at the BBQ - the COVID bubble was breached and the players have all lied. That will result in longer suspensions/quarantine. The fallout is huge!

On one hand the moronic players seemed to have fibbed and colluded to get their stories straight, run away from the cops, hid under beds... and yet we're supposed to believe that now there were only those named players and Vaughn's wife at the bbq? Yeah right.

On the other... for the nrl to come out and arbitrarily demand that the guilty sign some stat dec as a condition of returning to training and playing reeks of overstepping their boundaries straight into (once again) the v'landy dictatorship arena. So they can go f themselves. I'd like to be able to put that document in front of the nrl (really...you say cronulla were under the cap in 2015?)

Eventually the players' union may find a breaking point where they say: "We're not doing this, and let's see if you're happy with games not going ahead." - or something like that.
This is an exercise in the NRL needing to show the NSW, Qld and Vic govts that it administers the bubble responsibly.
Clearly, in deciding to 'take the word' of the party-goers - who the NRL already knows have lied to try to get out of trouble - they are demonstrably NOT taking the bubble seriously. All 13 should have been immediately sent to 14 day isolation, but the NRL thought that would be too complicated in terms of the Manly-Dragons game so made a foolish decision to put their heads in the sand.

I'll be amazed if this doesn't unravel in a big way.

Don’t like the bit about the RLPA working with the NRL to modify the wording so everybody is happy.

Hopefully it’s just removing words with multiple syllables.

Surely the NRL will only allow minimal changes and if some still won’t sign then stand them down.

Now is not the time to be pi$$ing around with this situation.

@Mark from Brisbane
Sing with me feathered friend ....

Puff the magic dragons Partied by the sea
Ignored all covid health and safety rules And frolicked so Happily
Little Matty Dufty loved that rascal Vaughan
But when the cops came crashing in Matty took off and he was gone
next verse please ... I needed a laugh ...thanks BOZO

lol.

that's hard to read without singing the tune in your head!

Also...
I guess if they wont sign the documents as (obv) they'd be lying, maybe there should be more of an investigation. Surely there's some lady out there feeling scorned that her 'man' doesn't like her enough to admit she was there...?!

Hard to think there's no vid footage.
maybe more 'dancers' ... its in the 'lap' of the gods

Last edited:
This is an exercise in the NRL needing to show the NSW, Qld and Vic govts that it administers the bubble responsibly.
Clearly, in deciding to 'take the word' of the party-goers - who the NRL already knows have lied to try to get out of trouble - they are demonstrably NOT taking the bubble seriously. All 13 should have been immediately sent to 14 day isolation, but the NRL thought that would be too complicated in terms of the Manly-Dragons game so made a foolish decision to put their heads in the sand.

I'll be amazed if this doesn't unravel in a big way.
agreed totally - the NRL rushed into this to try and close it all down - knowing that there were others there and if that got out - the COVID bubble was breached and the competition was in jeopardy or the agreements with the TV stations at huge risk. It was a calculated gamble by Vlandys to keep this all quiet and hope everyone moved on with the "swift" suspensions when they even admitted they weren't sure if the players were telling the truth. If it is true as Hadley and others believe that there is a loit more to this story - Vlandys has made a total hash of this. It is always true that the coverup or attempted coverup is much messier than the original situation and it will be in this case.

If you are telling the truth you have nothing to fear in signing a stat dec. The NRL have too much at stake to just take the word of these idiots. Making them legally liable for their misbehaviour is fine by me, let's see how tight they are as a group then.

I don’t think you can measure this case by normal standards though - if they’ve lied about people outside the bubble being at the party, are allowed to play, and then it turns out actually they did breach the bubble (either by someone telling the truth, or by one or more players actually testing positive for COVID and it all unravelling from there) - it will shut down either opposition clubs or the entire competition. And of course Manly is the first team in the frame to potentially be exposed to the virus by St George players who’ve been rubbing up against random women from who knows where.

If putting a legally binding document in front of them is the way to ‘guarantee’ they’re safe to have contact with other players (or it blows the whole coverup out of the water before they have any contact with others, which is looking more likely), then it’s worked. And if the usual glib liars who think they’re untouchable have knowingly signed false stat decs, and opened themselves up to further punishment by doing so, also not a bad outcome.

next verse please ... I needed a laugh ...thanks BOZO
Okay here's my second verse, all respect to Bozo.

Together they all partied at Vaughny's house.
To everyone's amazement, the only woman there was just Vaughny's spouse.
The dumb Illawarra faithful would bow wherever they came.
Especially the young fillies when they heard Debelin''s name.

Last edited:
NRL has a contract to provide games. They will have to field 17. I hope we put on another 66 after Thurs nights debacle BUT if Tom and DCE don't play I can see Saints nsw cup team beating us.

I applaud the NRL's stance on insisting the players sign Statutory Declarations.
If the players refuse we can all draw the obvious conclusion.
I can't see the players' resolve holding under all this scrutiny and with the legal implications that could arise if a Police investigation turns up contradictory evidence. I believe someone will cave and admit to a serious bio-security breach, then the zoom-call alliance will implode.

Behind a paywall, but i think the SMH are reporting this arvo the NRL has watered down what the players have to sign.

Opening paragraph:
"The 12 St George Illawarra players who attended Paul Vaughan’s house party are close to signing off on a revised document that will allow them to immediately emerge from their COVID hold and allow the club to field a competitive side against Manly next week."

Why do they deserve to field a competitive side?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6