Does Fainu walk back in?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fainu is Api Korisau, but a younger, faster, more craftier version and is the reason why we let go of Api for him. Fainu will make this team very very scary.
Just got to hope that he has made a good recovery from injury and doesn't take too long to adjust to the new game.

I really hope the NRL sort out some sort of exemption for him in the off season, it really isn't fair that a guy misses out on three seasons just because the courts can't get their act together during Covid.

One of the things that the new rule has done in my opinion is make the defensive work of the middle, especially the hooker all that more important ... Croker's greatest assest isn't his servicable service from dummy half ... but his defense. .. just like Matty Ballin.

So with all the talk about Fainu's attack, which I agree is excellent ... it may be that the real comparison and deciding factor may end up being which one holds the middle together in defense.

One of the things that the new rule has done in my opinion is make the defensive work of the middle, especially the hooker all that more important ... Croker's greatest assest isn't his servicable service from dummy half ... but his defense. .. just like Matty Ballin.

So with all the talk about Fainu's attack, which I agree is excellent ... it may be that the real comparison and deciding factor may end up being which one holds the middle together in defense.
Yep and we saw against the Storm how much Croker was missed. Jake and him operate so well in the middle on defence. In a world where Fainu is back to his best, he may still only come off the bench behind Froggy.

Yep and we saw against the Storm how much Croker was missed. Jake and him operate so well in the middle on defence. In a world where Fainu is back to his best, he may still only come off the bench behind Froggy.

I still think Fainu is our future .. I just don't think it is as clear cut as people think .. defense will certainly be an issue that he needs to address .not that he is bad .. but in the modern game as hooker he has to be excellent.

Fainu hasn't played in 2 years, and may not until July next year. As much as I like the way he plays, there's no guarantee he will be back at all. We should look at alternatives...and may have one already on the books...Lawton. Nothing wrong with Croker BTW...he's been exceptional this year. Made me eat my words!!!

I doubt the NSW court system will process him before the end of 2022.
Exactly @mickqld and there won't be any exemption granted because of the seriousness of the charges. Best case scenario is that Fainu plays for Blacktown at the end of 2022. Then gets a full preseason and comes off the bench in 2023 ala Harry Grant. Croker will be our starting nine. Lawton will probably end up with another club for 2023. Eg Redcliffe Dolphins

I still think Fainu is our future .. I just don't think it is as clear cut as people think .. defense will certainly be an issue that he needs to address .not that he is bad .. but in the modern game as hooker he has to be excellent.
Yeah, but he’s had a couple of years to work on that.

We are forgetting that Fainu is an amazing runner and his options make the defence even more confused. Think guys look Cook and even Cam Smith, their running and movement ability is why these two guys are looked on as the best hookers in the recent years. Smith would probably be the best ever hooker.
Croker has got better and better as the season has progressed. A fit Fainu would compliment him. Imagine bringing him on after 25 minutes, he would run riot. Here's something we seem to have forgotten of his talent and why we are keeping him on the payroll.
God he’s a good player

Miss him

The difference is Manase has been training with the team the whole time. He’ll be fine if he gets through this.
I understand he missed a LOT of time with the injury and subsequent infections . Can you share how long he has been in full capacity training please. Even if he has been training with the squad for months he would need to acquire match fitness in reggies to be ready fort FG. Best case is he won't be ready for FG in '22., right?. No fluff please,

I understand he missed a LOT of time with the injury and subsequent infections . Can you share how long he has been in full capacity training please. Even if he has been training with the squad for months he would need to acquire match fitness in reggies to be ready fort FG. Best case is he won't be ready for FG in '22., right?. No fluff please,
From my understanding he’s been training with the squad for a large portion of the season following those set backs.

If you look at Jack De Belin as a bit of a case study he only needed one or two matches in reserve grade before starting in NRL. If he gets through his court case you’ll see him back in the NRL pretty quickly.

God he’s a good player

Miss him
I know, he was running riot and he just made it so hard for the opposition to decide his play. You sort of know most hookers pick up and pass off, Manase would just run so defences had to be aware of him running and if he did pass, there were gaps. Those highlights, plus his amazing family of Sam and Latu, and don't forget the impressive Pathways (Fulton led) loyalty, is why we are keeping him. I'm sure that loyalty won't be forgotten, or not noticed by islander families who are very close in the future.

Bit worried about fainu, remembering Hopoata before his sabbatical, wasn't as good on return..

Agree a little bit but I think that Hopoate did little or no training at all during his time off. Fainu on the other hand would still be training but just can’t play

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8