Does Fainu walk back in?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wont be back until mid next year !!.....then a few weeks in Blacktown Workers. Looking at about August if he gets picked, witch I hope will be the case. Is he in our current cap and for next years cap as well ?

The issue of not having lower grade football for two years in a row is really going to make things like this interesting

He adds a whole new dimension to our attack.
and a whole new negative dimension to our defence but hopefully in time he hardens up and improves in this area.

I stated while Fainu was in the hooker role that Manly would benefit more from a reliable hard working defensive no nonsense hooker with clean service from the ruck and we got that with Croker for the most part(other than i don't rate his passing out of dummy half all that highly)

The results speak for themselves.

If you have ever had any extended time out from a sport then you'll know just how difficult it is to recapture your form. This applies particularly to a full contact sport such as RL. Going without having to tackle, and being tackled, for 2-3 years would make most players gun-shy.
Don't expect miracles when Fainu returns.

Walk straight back in, no way , he’ll need a bit of football in the reserves to get his mojo back.

Will he be a part of the team in late 2022 ( assuming he’s not guilty ), maybe

Will he be in 2023 , if he can rediscover that 2019 form , absolutely!!

Little bit of time in reggies (2-4 weeks), into 14 to share role with Crocker(drop walker), into full time 9 (bring back walker into 14)

That would be the plan I'd go for.

Gun player, a big off season and he will have his chance to put in and prove his worth and how much he wants it there, a couple of trials could see him on the bench to start.

and a whole new negative dimension to our defence but hopefully in time he hardens up and improves in this area.

I stated while Fainu was in the hooker role that Manly would benefit more from a reliable hard working defensive no nonsense hooker with clean service from the ruck and we got that with Croker for the most part(other than i don't rate his passing out of dummy half all that highly)

The results speak for themselves.
I was originally doubtful of Croker at 9.
But ,Did you just say you don't rate Croker's passing from dummy half ?
Surely not ?
I concentrated on him this game as I thought Lawton did good the previous week ,but the team didn't click and was very flat.
That game against the Rooster's was as crisp ,fast and on point as a hooker can get.

Croker, Walker and Lawton all deserve to keep their spots. If their form continues Fainu will have to wait for injury/suspension to free up a spot for him.

Lawton would be first on the chopping block. Des is only using him to spell Croker when games are wrapped up but he does cover more positions than anyone else in the squad.

Only other way I see it happening is if he absolutely kills it in the 2023 offseason/trials.

If Fainu is found to be not guilty, he will definitely walk back into the team.......in 2023. We can forget about 2022, it simply won't happen that way. He will need some games in the lower grade late 2022, plus a full preseason, but he will be our first choice nine after that. Lawton is only signed until the end of 2022, and might move to another club. This is all hypothetical until the court case is revolved, but Croker will be in the seventeen one way or another.

It is a very interesting quandary. A couple of things to ponder.

He probably won't be ready for FG at all in 2022. Courts, match-fitness etc, @ finals time at the earliest..would you change your 9 plan at that stage of the season?

A very solid defensive 9 appears to be critical to the way we play at the moment. We were very different with Lawton there for 80 mins...and he is a far better defender than Fainu was.

When ready he would be great WITH the Frog, a la Api/Fainu.

To get the most out of the hooking position in the current game it appears 2 guys sharing the role is ideal.

Manase has 3 VERY good RL brothers in our system and he will be given every opportunity to get back in FG for sure.

He will, though I've got doubts we'll ever see him in a Manly jersey again.
I think the only way this happens is if he is found guilty in court.

The club is getting it's ducks in a row for what will probably be our most successful dynasty, and the Fainu family is a big part of that. If Manase is exonerated he will play FG again, probably beside 2 of his brothers in the future.

Just not sure why we are even bothering to ponder on something that might become relevant some time in mid to late 2022 but probably 2023. I think I will just focus on next weekend then ponder hopefully on a Grand Final game for the Sea Eagles then I might turn my mind to an off season where anything could happen, then a pre-season where anything could happen, then the start of a season where anything could happen then at least half of a season where anything could happen then maybe a court case where anything could happen then and maybe then will I ponder on how long Fainu might need to train or play for Blacktown if he is available. By that time 2022 will be over so he wont be in first grade in 2022. Then I might ponder on the off season signings for 2023 where anything could happen, then the pre-season for 2023 where anything could happen and then maybe I will put my mind to the issue of Fainu being in the first grade team if he is available to play at that time. I may as well ponder on Bozo's great great grandson and if he is pulling on a Manly jumper in 2030..... if in fact he ends up with a great great grandson... might be a run of girls which would really ruin my pondering.

I was originally doubtful of Croker at 9.
But ,Did you just say you don't rate Croker's passing from dummy half ?
Surely not ?
I concentrated on him this game as I thought Lawton did good the previous week ,but the team didn't click and was very flat.
That game against the Rooster's was as crisp ,fast and on point as a hooker can get.
Don't rate Crokers passing from dummy half it is nothing special, not saying it is horrible but there is not much variety or crispness about it either.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6