Do we need Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I think we all want a proper 6 but Barrett let go our last 6 and seems pretty content on using a makeshift/cheap half instead of the top liner we need. You want to get rid of someone, kick someone who deserves it e.g. DCE won't ever happen but we can dream. Walkz has some much passion and love for this team. Don't let the best centre in the NRL just so you can buy a couple of depth players, as Barrett won't be using the money on a proper 6.

Sorry, but that is completely incorrect.

Barrett has not tried to sign a long term, quality half????

How about Pearce and Moylan? (Whether Moylan is a viable long term half is another discussion, but that was what he was being bougt for).

If not for this cap garbage, Mitchell Pearce would be at Manly right now.

So to say Barrett is not interested in signing a quality half, is quite frankly, crap.

Generally, the :rofl: emoji following something is a pretty good indicator that it was meant to be humourous.@:cool:
Generally to me means usually in most cases .
Its not easy to generalise behind a monitor when you don't know the character of the person but now that we are beginning to know and understand each other better it will keep both of us in good stead with our future posts .
Looking forward to our future posts as always feathered friend

DC Should have given more credit to how well Walkz has gone at 5/8, but he didn't.
In 2016 he just let Walkz become a scapegoat
Before the Storm game he talked up the arrival of Hodko as the 5/8 messiah...!!
honestly !!..
Hodko wouldnt scare anyone...simply to slow.
Didnt take Cronulla long to work that out.(that's why I suggest him coming off the bench)
Walkz played all his junior footy at 5/8

DC Should have given more credit to how well Walkz has gone at 5/8, but he didn't.
In 2016 he just let Walkz become a scapegoat
Before the Storm game he talked up the arrival of Hodko as the 5/8 messiah...!!
honestly !!..
Hodko wouldnt scare anyone...simply to slow.
Didnt take Cronulla long to work that out.(that's why I suggest him coming off the bench)
Walkz played all his junior footy at 5/8
Walker played his junior footy at 5/8 But he excelled as a footballer and represented as an elite centre . The experiment of turning Walker into a quality 5/8 failed both at Souths and at Manly .

How about Pearce and Moylan? (Whether Moylan is a viable long term half is another discussion, but that was what he was being bougt for).

So to say Barrett is not interested in signing a quality half, is quite frankly, crap.
All Barrett wanted those two for was because he was close to them. If they were unknown to him he wouldn't have bothered. And this cap garbage is the clubs doing. No one else to blame. Plus Pearce was always headed to Knights.

Wouldn't Pearce be on our list of players out for the rest of the season?

I still don't understand why we haven't offered Sezer a contract yet. We do have the money with all the players leaving. He would be ideal.

All Barrett wanted those two for was because he was close to them. If they were unknown to him he wouldn't have bothered. And this cap garbage is the clubs doing. No one else to blame. Plus Pearce was always headed to Knights.

Hahahahahahahaha.

Mate, seriously. Stop.

The circles you spin around in must make you nauseous!

All of that rubbish you just typed does nothing to address the fact Barrett DID try to get a long term half.

1. "All Barrett wanted those two for was because he was close to them" - WHAT???

2. "And this cap garbage is the clubs fault" - No s*it! What does that have to do with the fact Barrett was trying to sign a new half???? Barrett did not create the cap issue. He was trying to sign a half. What's your point?

3. "Plus Pearce was always headed to Knights" - so despite the fact he had signed a Letter of Intent with Manly, agreed to terms, and Manly tried TWICE to register a contract with the NRL, he was always going to the Knights.

Jesus.

Hahahahahahahaha.

Mate, seriously. Stop.

The circles you spin around in must make you nauseous!

All of that rubbish you just typed does nothing to address the fact Barrett DID try to get a long term half.

1. "All Barrett wanted those two for was because he was close to them" - WHAT???

2. "And this cap garbage is the clubs fault" - No s*it! What does that have to do with the fact Barrett was trying to sign a new half???? Barrett did not create the cap issue. He was trying to sign a half. What's your point?

3. "Plus Pearce was always headed to Knights" - so despite the fact he had signed a Letter of Intent with Manly, agreed to terms, and Manly tried TWICE to register a contract with the NRL, he was always going to the Knights.

Jesus.
If Pearce was so close why isn't he here? Answer that for me. So he wanted to be here so bad but instead of waiting bailed for Newcastle? Seems like he was so intent on being here. Barrett let Green go, stupid decision also and we ended up again with Walker 6 because Barrett hung his bets on a very unlikely signing. When we sign a proper 6 that will show some intent. There is a couple out there that we havent offered a contract too and wont. Great intent baz!

If Pearce was so close why isn't he here? Answer that for me. So he wanted to be here so bad but instead of waiting bailed for Newcastle? Seems like he was so intent on being here. Barrett let Green go, stupid decision also and we ended up again with Walker 6 because Barrett hung his bets on a very unlikely signing. When we sign a proper 6 that will show some intent. There is a couple out there that we havent offered a contract too and wont. Great intent baz!
How do you know who we are or aren’t offering contracts to?

Walker played his junior footy at 5/8 But he excelled as a footballer and represented as an elite centre . The experiment of turning Walker into a quality 5/8 failed both at Souths and at Manly .
In a trial against St George Maguire said can you play centre ? (He never played 5/8 halves positions were already taken)
So he said yes even though he hadn't .
I think you will find that these are the facts.

Last edited:
IMO We need Walkz no doubt about that...a reformed version.
Coming back after that horrendous injury, he basically looked like a passenger.
He appeared tentative, lacked confidence and fitness but he has improved with every match.
His will and desire to win is what our team needs.........but!!
Before he comes back he would be better advised to lose his egocentric "bagage" totally and just get on with the job of getting us to the finals.

Last edited:
@Turbo1 , I'd like to know why you disagreed with @Nice Beaver when he refuted your statement that Barrett isn't interested in signing another quality half.

After we released Green (which wasn't a stupid decision BTW, Green simply did not want to be at Manly because he had a better offer from the Warriors), we chased (in order) Matt Moylan, Brock Lamb, Mitchell Pearce, Trent Hodkinson and allegedly looked into Todd Carney. All bar Lamb have all played Origin football for NSW in the halves. Other than test football you can't get higher representative games than that.

And NB is 100% correct, if not for the salary cap witch hunt at the time and the NRL [allegedly] warning him off us, we basically had Mitchell Pearce signed, sealed and delivered. He wanted to join Manly, he said so publicly. He also (according to the club) signed a letter of intent to join and we tried unsuccessfully to register a contract with the NRL. But someone apparently got in his ear about what was coming (the NRL's penalty) and he was steered to the Knights. If not for that, our halves pairing would have been DCE and Pearce. Two representative and premiership winning halves.

So again, how do you disagree with what he said about not being interested in another quality half? Especially as we eventually did get, admittedly through different circumstances, Hodko who was the only one we orignally chased who has actually won a series at Origin level.

Hodko BTW is signed until the end of 2019 so unless he joins the injured list, expect him to be Manly's #6 until at least then unless he completely bombs which I don't see as likely once he gets more comfortable with the team. Especially given our salary cap situation and the lack of any quality halves coming off contract at the end of this year.

As for wanting Sezer.....IMO - LOL

Last edited:
@Turbo1 , I'd like to know why you disagreed with @Nice Beaver when he refuted your statement that Barrett isn't interested in signing another quality half.

After we released Green (which wasn't a stupid decision BTW, Green simply did not want to be at Manly because he had a better offer from the Warriors), we chased (in order) Matt Moylan, Brock Lamb, Mitchell Pearce, Trent Hodkinson and allegedly looked into Todd Carney. All bar Lamb have all played Origin football for NSW in the halves. Other than test football you can't get higher representative games than that.

And NB is 100% correct, if not for the salary cap witch hunt at the time and the NRL [allegedly] warning him off us, we basically had Mitchell Pearce signed, sealed and delivered. He wanted to join Manly, he said so publicly. He also (according to the club) signed a letter of intent to join and we tried unsuccessfully to register a contract with the NRL. But someone apparently got in his ear about what was coming (the NRL's penalty) and he was steered to the Knights. If not for that, our halves pairing would have been DCE and Pearce. Two representative and premiership winning halves.

So again, how do you disagree with what he said about not being interested in another quality half? Especially as we eventually did get, admittedly through different circumstances, Hodko who was the only one we orignally chased who has actually won a series at Origin level.

Hodko BTW is signed until the end of 2019 so unless he joins the injured list, expect him to be Manly's #6 until at least then unless he completely bombs which I don't see as likely once he gets more comfortable with the team. Especially given our salary cap situation and the lack of any quality halves coming off contract at the end of this year.

As for wanting Sezer.....IMO - LOL
I'd take Sezer over our **** halfback. At least he would play for the team and not himself. Letting Green go was a mistake. You don't let players just because they get offered a better contract. If we still had Green we would be in the 8. Look how great he is playing. It was no different in 2017. As for Pearce he was not all but signed. If he was he would not have quit trying to play with us over a salary cap probe. And Barrett went after Moylan who is a fullback, not a quality half. Pearce he went after due to knowing him personally yet never really had him. And I'm sorry Hodko is not a quality half.

You have lost the plot. Nothing you are saying in this thread makes any sense at all.

No point trying to reason with someone who is just throwing out rubbish whilst completely ignoring the facts.

You made an incorrect statement and got called on it. Rather than cut your losses you are keeping up your insane argument. Let it go.

You have lost the plot. Nothing you are saying in this thread makes any sense at all.

No point trying to reason with someone who is just throwing out rubbish whilst completely ignoring the facts.

You made an incorrect statement and got called on it. Rather than cut your losses you are keeping up your insane argument. Let it go.
Here's the facts! We sit 12th, we have not one good quality half, we had a quality half but Barrett let him go and now we are ****. What's your counter to the facts? Will it be "But, but we had Pearce !" No we didn't otherwise he'd be in our ****ing team! Maybe your happy with a medicore halves pairing for another 3 years or so until Barrett is kicked and someone gets the balls to drop our selfish 7 but I'd like to see some success with this club, unfortunately with million dollar man and Baz running the show it's not going to happen.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8