Des - Merged Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Masked Eagle said:
NYEagle said:
I am the biggest fan in the world of Des Hasler, I will always cherish his contribution to Manly as a coach (2008, 2011), and as a player (1987, 1996) and the culture of Manly.
Love the guy to bits and always will.
But, as a Manly fan, concerned about the future competitiveness and culture of the Manly club, I do not want Des Hasler at Manly in 2012. I want him out, a new coach in, and plans made for Manly's immediate and long term future starting next week.
Having Des as a lame duck coach next year means Manly puts on hold their future and allows a Bulldogs insider to exist in the club to form the bonds that will ultimately result in Manly players following him out, jeopardizing the club for a decade or more. Lets say we we were competitive next year but didn't win it (a very likely possibility). Imagine if we lost Brett Stewart, Kieran Foran and T-Rex just to start with at the end of 2012. Not only has 2012 been wasted, but you lose players the could take a decade to replace. We may not see another Manly premiership for more than a decade because of the loss of players, culture, and critical personell.
The people that make me sick are these hired gun super coaches like Bennett and Smith who hop from club to club after the money and taking players with them. That's the exact crappy culture that teams like the Broncos, Knights, Penrith, and Bulldogs embrace and make us throw up at their shallowness.
By keeping Des at Manly next year, that is precisely the culture Manly will be surrogates of.
Sack DES, bring in Toovey, and let's start making adjustments. After playing a year under Tooves we move forward and the players will want to stay and Manly's future assured.
NYEagle

Agreed 100%. Well said.

Do you actually know how to click the 'like' button? Or are you just a taker?

NYEagle said:
I am the biggest fan in the world of Des Hasler, I will always cherish his contribution to Manly as a coach (2008, 2011), and as a player (1987, 1996) and the culture of Manly.
But, as a Manly fan, concerned about the future competitiveness and culture of the Manly club, I do not want Des Hasler at Manly in 2012. I want him out, a new coach in, and plans made for Manly's immediate and long term future starting next week.
Having Des as a lame duck coach next year means Manly puts on hold their future and allows a Bulldogs insider to exist in the club to form the bonds that will ultimately result in Manly players following him out, jeopardizing the club for a decade or more. Lets say we we were competitive next year but didn't win it (a very likely possibility). Imagine if we lost Brett Stewart, Kieran Foran and T-Rex just to start with at the end of 2012. Not only has 2012 been wasted, but you lose players the could take a decade to replace. We may not see another Manly premiership for more than a decade because of the loss of players, culture, and critical personell.
The people that make me sick are these hired gun super coaches like Bennett and Smith who hop from club to club after the money and taking players with them. That's the exact crappy culture that teams like the Broncos, Knights, Penrith, and Bulldogs embrace and make us throw up at their shallowness.
By keeping Des at Manly next year, that is precisely the culture Manly will be surrogates of.
Sack DES, bring in Toovey, and let's start making adjustments. After playing a year under Tooves we move forward and the players will want to stay and Manly's future assured.
NYEagle

As much as it pains me to agree , I can see the logic in this .

Still with a horrible empty feeling in my gut , but
I do think a succession needs to be effective immediately.

We couldn't afford him anyway

Where was the Million dollars coming from to pay Des in our late offer to him?

We couldn't afford that if we tried; it would mean retaining him would possibly break the bank.

Increasing salary's is the LAST thing that we can do at this point.

Demonstrates we are a successful club of have not's, being preyed on by a richer rival.

MrInvisible said:
Awards night = Everyone gets told DH's decision.
Sat press release Manly = advising fans, and sponsors of DH's depature and their decision re 2012 season.
Sat press release Bulldogs = depends on Manly's press release.

So I'd expect Manly press release followed shortly after by Bulldogs.

Except the Dogs press release is first. Guess we'll find out in 10 minutes.

Kaspersky were supposedly going to throw in to keep DES. The problem is they were reacting to keep him instead of being proactive to get him which they could of had him for the next 5 yrs for hundreds of thousand less.

Canterbury's just annnounced it at the press conference (Triple M). Dymock will be his assistant from 2013.

WAMF said:
Masked Eagle said:
NYEagle said:
NYEagle

Agreed 100%. Well said.

Do you actually know how to click the 'like' button? Or are you just a taker?

Haha. Don't really pay attention to it, but I'll give that one a 'like'.

Just proves that the only loyalty lies with the fans. If that's the case, why bother? If every single employee of a club view it as a business and won't show loyalty, why should the fans? And if fans stop being loyal, there won't be jobs for coaches or players anyway.

Whatever is said will only inflame the situation. It will be along the lines that Des has done his time here and he's moving on because he's looking for a new challenge.

If will be full of BS and spin.

Seems not all dogs fans are happy

@LeagueUnlimited A very unhappy Bulldog here. Shows no respect to Jim D. And I couldn't be less of a fan of Hasler or his coaching style.

BTW Why was Des in such a hurry to sign with the dogs? We had a handshake deal at one stage surely the problems could of been nutted out.

We've gone from Penthouse to ****house in the space of 6 days. Don't expect back to back premierships as this will destabilise the club and Des will either walk or get pushed mid-season. ****ing brilliant!

We are going to have to prepare ourselves for a rebuild.

Weve had a good run of success.. its always a cycle. Toovey will need time to rebuild.

If Des wanted to go.. so be it.. but the timing of it.. 6 days after success.. even for him.. did he not want to enjoy it? Ah well.

Bring on the Toovey era.

I could not care less for the press conference wishing dessie all the best with the dishlickers I am hoping they are in meetings with players with get out clauses and stablising them! this is whats important now

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6