Des - Merged Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Apparantly we have 5 players with get out clauses.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/coach-to-quit-while-five-players-have-get-out-clauses-in-their-contracts/story-e6frexnr-1226161610842

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/kieran-foran-believed-to-be-amongst-five-sea-eagles-who-could-fly-the-nest/story-e6frexnr-1226161607947
keeps getting better.

RE: IF DES IS LEAVING, WHY THE TIMING?

Bulldogs dangled the carrot then turned the screws. Des had no choice but to F$#% us. Greenturd would be sitting back laughing at how he ruined Manly's win. Unfortunately Money has forced Des into Greenturds arms. The whole thing stinks to the high heavens

If his hearts not in it

I liken it to having some difficulties at home and some "good sort" comes along just at the wrong time and you decide to jump on board. The kids are the innocent victims (fans & players) who do they follow.

Des you've made your bed. Leave now and don’t rip this family apart.

If he was that pissed at the board why trigger the 1 year option? The dogs cant fit any of our players in this year but 2013 is a different story.

New and decisive leadership all round is needed asap.

Fair enough Des you will have proven that you are a ****en sook that cries off when you dont get your way. no matter how bad the board is what you are doing is raping our great club and you will go down in history as the **** who did it. I hope you will be happy with your blood money

After all these years I have come to agree with the rest of the NRL fans(Kebabdog fans included) that De$ Ha$ler is a whinging ****ing sook.Piss off now and take who you want...
I'm only interested in watching MY team play with heart and soul,something that the other Sydney clubs DO NOT UNDERSTAND..

Lets not forget NO man is bigger than the club.Sure Ha$ler is a huge loss,but i'm sure Tooves will step up to the plate.

We have apparently offered Des more then the Dogs. He isn't going for the money. The board has really ****ed up on this one.

Ceagle said:
People are tipping Cleal to leave ship and follow Des. Sad years ahead.

I'd bet on that being true.
Piss off now De$ and stop ripping this club apart.Thought De$ was better than this.

**** me the Wogdogs of all clubs De$!!!
HAHA have fun failing turncoat.

Nthn nsw, that comment was deplorable. You will probably be disgusted to know that many wogs probably support this club as well. Idiot, it's 2011 and your obsolete.

This is f***ing weak, Ha$ler and Peters whinge and moan and point fingers at the board they all get worked up over sweet f*ck all and Ha$ler get his revenge by putting a stake through the hearts of the fans,
the fans who have spent their hard earned for years so they can collect big fat pay checks, the fans who have stood by him and the stewarts et al through everything they put us through when they took on the NRL, the Fans who turn out every week to support them.
Yes Ha$ler well done, punish the fans the only ones who are blameless and who will be hurt. Board my F***ing ar*e he could of picked any number of clubs with cash, if he really gave a F*** about us he wouldn't have gone to the F***ing BroWogs absolute base F***ing treachery that is. I've been going for this club all my life ( 24 years) and apart from the Beagles, I have never felt so let down as the club and Ha$ler have left me feeling.
The high of Winning a premiership is far outweighed by the low of having the heart of the club you love torn out, how can we support this team next year? how when we know Ha$ler and christ knows who else are going to P*** off to that cesspool known as brostown. No if the club want to put this right they will sack the Judas B****** and appoint Toovey Immediately. Every NRL fan bar the Brookie faithful hates Ha$ler but now it look likes every NRL fan will hate Ha$ler period.

I just wanna say... HOW MUCH MONEY IS ENOUGH, DES? I lost so much respect for you over this decision, but thank you for waking me up to the blindness I held in terms of certain loyalty narratives.

I have worked and taught through Asia for the last 14 years. I have seen the full spectrum from those who have and those who have nothing. I have met happy old HK Chinese people carting discarded cardboard back to collection depots to barely earn enough to eat. I have met mainland Chinese maimed and disfigured, begging on the street (all inflicted by Chinese Triad for not paying their gambling debts)... or young mainland Chinese prostituting themselves to pay off a gambling debt (which will never be repaid)... All these people live and get on as best they can, and I have to listen to you selling out the fans and club who poured their faith into you... How much money is enough, Des??? You call yourself a Christian... so, how much, is enough???

My heart is with Manly, and I will forgive and move on. Thank you for all you have given. You are obviously a brilliant coach. I wish you would give up the underdog narrative that clearly drives you and try being centred in yourself. That said, all the best. GO MANLY...

conanu said:
Bulldogs dangled the carrot then turned the screws. Des had no choice but to F$#% us. Greenturd would be sitting back laughing at how he ruined Manly's win. Unfortunately Money has forced Des into Greenturds arms. The whole thing stinks to the high heavens

of course he had a choice... how much money is enough??? $600,000 a year is not enough? pleaseeeee! it's worth selling out loyalty and history for an extra $150.000? my guess is Des has an underdog narrative running strongly in his life and it has control over him. He could not handle being a champion like Brisbane, for example. He will go on looking for the underdog fight.

The question is, does this club want to go on believing in underdog narratives or become an even greater achiever? The Aussie battler/convict narrative is hard and tall poppy syndrome makes it harder... Do we want to rise above that or stay with it?

It's funny that after all the hard work Hasler has put into this club as a player and a coach, he will be remembered as a traitor.

Des, you've ripped out the hearts of every Manly fan, and we will never forgive you for it.

Enjoy your life, we never want to see you back at Manly ever again.

danny-boy said:
It's funny that after all the hard work Hasler has put into this club as a player and a coach, he will be remembered as a traitor.

Des, you've ripped out the hearts of every Manly fan, and we will never forgive you for it.

Enjoy your life, we never want to see you back at Manly ever again.

I'm barely able to reply. I agree largely with this. People will justify it in terms of "providing for his family", "getting what he deserves", etc... If this is what NRL is about then i wash my hands of it. Des had a choice, he could have made a powerful and inspiring statement with his choice (and still more than capably provided for his family)... he took the common easy option and that is bitterly disappointing. Disappointing bcos I chose to believe in him and chose to believe he was something that he wasn't.

As an outsider, it seems that people who do not put their hard earned into the Club, all want to spend at will. We the Supporters are Financial contributers (along with the Sponsors and Owners), with no voice but generations of faith and love for our chosen Club.

The realities are, Manly is a business that can not be held to ransom if it is serious about being in the NRL long term. Disputes between Board Members and others is an every day Business scenario. The right of Des et al to leave is unquestioned, the timing is self serving IMO, the ultimatums didn't work.

Thanks for all Players and Staff who contributed in the past, and welcome those that will continue to give us something to cheer about in the comming decades.

Manly for Life :heart:

The timing could have been worse. Imagine if all this **** had happened in the week leading up to the Grand Final.

Hey DE$, Are you taking Zorba with you?
After all, he was supposed to be the catalyst to your walk to Belmore!

Take the leaker and see how long he stays with the dogs.

lismore_fan said:
Hey DE$, Are you taking Zorba with you?
After all, he was supposed to be the catalyst to your walk to Belmore!

Take the leaker and see how long he stays with the dogs.

He could take the board too, no that's what started all this mess

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7