Des - Merged Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ms Manly said:
I could not care less for the press conference wishing dessie all the best with the dishlickers I am hoping they are in meetings with players with get out clauses and stablising them! this is whats important now
NO FAIL ALL THE WAY FOR THE BULLSCUM

I'm new here but have been a manly supporter for 18 years now and this is complete BS if des leaves and takes all his coaching staff away with him it undoes everything he has done it makes all the effort completely pointless and rips out every fans heart this is disgusting in my opinion. Hes rebuilt the club just to rip it to threads, they say you should a leave place better than it was when you first arrived i dont see how he is doing this by leaving and taking away everything from it.

Des deserved better

There is no doubt in my mind who the culprit is in terms of Dessies decision to leave at the end of next season and it certainly doesn't lie with him.

I have read that Des has been asking for a new contract beyond 2012 for the past 18 months, but this was delayed and put off by the two of the men at the top.

After all Des has done for this Club, first as a player and then as a coach, he deserved better. People are talking about his lack of loyalty, but it's a two-way street.

Des and Crusher brought commitment, dedication and pride back in the jersey and the Club more generally after years in the wilderness, and consequently deserved better by our board.

A couple of months back, there was a piece in RLW from the mole, who stated that a coach already on contract for 2012 had approached Canterbury about coaching them. I never even gave a thought to it being des

KaZa said:
We are going to have to prepare ourselves for a rebuild.

Weve had a good run of success.. its always a cycle. Toovey will need time to rebuild.

If Des wanted to go.. so be it.. but the timing of it.. 6 days after success.. even for him.. did he not want to enjoy it? Ah well.

Bring on the Toovey era.

I think it shows just how much the underdog narrative drives Des and makes him who he is. I honestly believe he would be struggling to relax and allow in any joy. He would have already been planning for the future. It's similar to people with a scarcity mentality... they win Lotto and still end up blowing it and struggling again.

As I mentioned elsewhere, I would have had far greater respect and admiration if Des had of challenged his own beliefs and looked to maintain and drive forward a successful club. Claiming he needs a new challenge is misleading. What he is actually saying is, he needs another underdog so he can continue holding the same beliefs and doing the same things... he just isn't comfortable leading a club on top and clearly not ready for that challenge... or in other words, he isn't prepared to take risks and grow as a person.

I see this decision as hypocritical and destructive to a lot of what Des built his success on. Loyalty has become a motivational tool to be applied in certain contexts for gaining leverage, but packed up and put back in the tool kit at the end of the season...

I wish you well, Des.

Manly will go on, and even if they didn't I love that my belief and loyalty cannot be tainted.

Kiwi Eagle said:
A couple of months back, there was a piece in RLW from the mole, who stated that a coach already on contract for 2012 had approached Canterbury about coaching them. I never even gave a thought to it being des

Yes I recall that too. And he said that the coach approached the dogs so obviously it was des who intiated the move not the dogs.

It has also been said here that Hoppa signed with parra in june so both have known for quite a while they are leaving.

To announce both moves only days after our win confirms that it is all about them and not the club or other players or fans.

It is selfish by both of them as we should have been allowed to enjoy the premiership win for at least a month or two before the moves became public. Disgraceful by both of them.

They are all saying loyalty is dead but if that is so then why would JuDes's staff follow him to the slumdog millionaires.

JuDes Hasler. your a PR**K

so im not sure where to post my feelings on all this, but this thread seems as good as any.

dark day for manly no doubt, ive read many positive as well as negative opinions on this whole saga, both stances with merit and the emotion that comes with being a manly supporter and a football supporter in general.

my major concerns are the timing. who pushed for this to all come out not even a week after winning a premiership.

the board, it seems, has a duty to explain to fans the situation and the ramifications.

i still dont know what we do with des next year, i like to believe he wont be angling behind the scenes to take players with him. and as someone said.. "a new challenge" isnt taking your support staff and select players to another club. thats just mercenary.

i like to think, des will want to leave a legacy, systems and staff and players in place to take manly into the future. i just cant see him stripping the internal organs and leaving the carcass.

the thing that has stuck with me most of everything ive read today is that, as much as we as fans like to think its not the case, the only loyalty in sport lies within the fans, no player, no coach, no ceo, no board will ever resist every temptation forever. its sad, but it comes with the territory of professional sport.

manly has a great opportunity here to create a new era, a board and club and playing group in total synergy. but be sure, the time to act is now.

fans, as always, despite the highest of passions for their chosen clubs, are merely along for the ride.

Triple M's interview with Zorb told me one thing.

If Zorb was sacked for causing irrplacable damage to our club, what do we make of this damage from the CEO and board.

If David Perry wakes up with a job tomorrow, that will be the biggest disgrace of all. Think what you will of Zorba, but he is the lynchpin of this club. A father and brother figure to Des, and a home to the Stewart brothers and many others when the moved to the Sea Eagles as youngesters.

This is a simple message - it takes footballers to run a football club, not businessman.

I repeat, if Perry and the board awake with their job tomorrow, it is a disgrace - they, much more than anyone calling any reporter a good sort, have cause the most irrepairable damage to our club.

The biggest difference between them and Des, is that they are the most replacable..

manlyfan said:

If Zorb was sacked for causing irrplacable damage to our club, what do we make of this damage from the CEO and board.

If David Perry wakes up with a job tomorrow, that will be the biggest disgrace of all. Think what you will of Zorba, but he is the lynchpin of this club. A father and brother figure to Des, and a home to the Stewart brothers and many others when the moved to the Sea Eagles as youngesters.

This is a simple message - it takes footballers to run a football club, not businessman.

I repeat, if Perry and the board awake with their job tomorrow, it is a disgrace - they, much more than anyone calling any reporter a good sort, have cause the most irrepairable damage to our club.

The biggest difference between them and Des, is that they are the most replacable..

Disagree entirely.

manlyfan said:

Oh for god sake Perry is a victim of poor timing re Des. He should have been signed prior to Perry arriving.

Zorba's not entirely an innocent party here he was doing a **** job in terms of being a media manager and often made comments that reflected badly on the club (even though supposedly not under the clubs employment at the time but his role should go 24/7).

Without people like Perry the club would cease to exist.

eagles2win said:
manlyfan said:

Oh for god sake Perry is a victim of poor timing re Des. He should have been signed prior to Perry arriving.

Zorba's not entirely an innocent party here he was doing a s**t job in terms of being a media manager and often made comments that reflected badly on the club (even though supposedly not under the clubs employment at the time but his role should go 24/7).

Without people like Perry the club would cease to exist.

Agreed, we need to give Perry some time. He was hired for a reason, let's see if he can deliver. He's only been in the gig for 2 minutes.

He was the man though who sacked Peters, which in turn, saw the complete dis-satisfaction of Hasler.

Personally, I think Peters' job was much stronger in 2011, our players were heavily prevalent in the media, and all well spoken - Zorb's main job.

Even without taking this into account - and regardless of Peters success as a media manager - you cannot argue his rapaul with the players. He has housed many of them, is very close to all of them and the decision to sack him is the one which has intensified the problems between the board and players/coaching staff.

The question remains - how the eff did we sack someone for call a female a good sort. Much worse has been alleged of our players in the past so to sack Zorb based on this was merely a cop-out which has resulted in the debacle which we currently sit.

What happened to the loyalty of 2009 where the board stood by our players and officials, NO MATTER WHAT.

If that was still evident a month ago, Hasler would be coach long into the future.

RE: We couldn't afford him anyway

CLIT COMMANDER said:
Where was the Million dollars coming from to pay Des in our late offer to him?

We couldn't afford that if we tried; it would mean retaining him would possibly break the bank.

Increasing salary's is the LAST thing that we can do at this point.

Demonstrates we are a successful club of have not's, being preyed on by a richer rival.

Increasing salaries obviously wasn't the sticking point.

The have nots included Des's Power of One. Will he be able to use this in Dog-land? I doubt it!

Ego and Love don't mix

I've idolized Des and trusted him in the past, but when your hearts not in it.
Des is bitter, pissed and his ego is in control of his decisions now. There's no way after signing for less money he will stay loyal next year. With the cap not expanding until 2013, Des knows the bulldogs would struggle to fit any new players in for next year. He is maneuvering to hurt the board/club. Penn has to be aware of what's going down and force him out asap. Some housekeeping regarding the board is also in order.

Former Manly media manager and club stalwart Peter Peters pointed the finger at the board and Perry in a radio interview on Saturday for "purporting" to be Hasler's friends.

"I told this guy, 'you might know your business but I know football and I know Des Hasler is irreplaceable at the Manly Sea Eagles,'" Peters, who was forced out of the club before the finals, told Triple M.

"He looked at me in the eye and he said, 'nobody is irreplaceable.'

"Some people in clubs don't like powerful people and Des is all powerful.

"Some people purporting to be his friends are not his friends and Des knew that, he's a smart man.

"He's told everyone that he wants to move on because he thinks there are problems in administration there."

Asked if he was referring to the board and CEO, Perry, Peters said: "Exactly."

Peters said Hasler's main gripe was the board's insistence last year he meet key performance indicators, despite the fact he's guided Manly to the finals for seven straight years.

Penn declined to comment on the KPI's, but said the main reason why Manly came late with an offer was because of the significant financial pressure the club was suffering.

Penn said they had no hesitation in retaining Hasler for 2012 and fellow former player Geoff Toovey was the frontrunner to take over the following season.

"We have a history of promoting from within and that's certainly our initial thinking," he said.

"We've got no choice but to move forward everyone's going to take some time to heal.

"Stability is going to be very important for us."

http://au.eurosport.com/rugby-league/manly-boss-wants-hasler_sto2982692/story.shtml

Graham Hughes mentioned this afternoon that the board voted to extend Dessie's contract and it was left in the hands of the chairman, so there may be a another bad guy

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Former Manly media manager and club stalwart Peter Peters pointed the finger at the board and Perry in a radio interview on Saturday for "purporting" to be Hasler's friends.

"I told this guy, 'you might know your business but I know football and I know Des Hasler is irreplaceable at the Manly Sea Eagles,'" Peters, who was forced out of the club before the finals, told Triple M.

"He looked at me in the eye and he said, 'nobody is irreplaceable.'

"Some people in clubs don't like powerful people and Des is all powerful.

"Some people purporting to be his friends are not his friends and Des knew that, he's a smart man.

"He's told everyone that he wants to move on because he thinks there are problems in administration there."

Asked if he was referring to the board and CEO, Perry, Peters said: "Exactly."

Peters said Hasler's main gripe was the board's insistence last year he meet key performance indicators, despite the fact he's guided Manly to the finals for seven straight years.

Penn declined to comment on the KPI's, but said the main reason why Manly came late with an offer was because of the significant financial pressure the club was suffering.

Penn said they had no hesitation in retaining Hasler for 2012 and fellow former player Geoff Toovey was the frontrunner to take over the following season.

"We have a history of promoting from within and that's certainly our initial thinking," he said.

"We've got no choice but to move forward everyone's going to take some time to heal.

"Stability is going to be very important for us."

http://au.eurosport.com/rugby-league/manly-boss-wants-hasler_sto2982692/story.shtml
Zorba can not be allowed to be a board member. Just imagine the bitch fighting between him and Perry.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6