Des Hasler!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Anyone else notice the difference with Cartwright in the Coach Box?
The last few years it was like: Teacher’s away. PARTY!!!!
This year he looks like he’s been caught and sat next to the Principal and told not to look up til his homework is perfect.
Haha totally agree, I don't think he will be there that long

This year he looks like he’s been caught and sat next to the Principal and told not to look up til his homework is perfect.

Good point. That really stood out to me watching the game when they crossed to the coaches box.

Just like the first two losses weren't the end of the world, we shouldn't get too carried away with one good win. Still a long way to go. I'm just glad the boys got a win - it'll do them all good, especially the younger guys who are new to the team. They've obviously been working hard and deserved the result.

Hey Bozo, love your work and agree Trent was a TOTAL an absolute failure but for your own sanity when do you let the constant references to how crap he was go? Set yourself free, let it go, move on brother.
It’s hard to let go of things sometimes.

So true mate he probably knows hes on notice and if he wants his nice lifestyle in the beaches to continue he has to shape up ,bring back tooves i say lol

I am still dirty on how Des left....but....I feel at that time his ego had him bigger than the club at that time which was a mistake....plus we All make some poor decisions in this world and he is in a much bigger spotlight, so makes him more accountable.....soured my Party after the GF victory over the Warriors 8 years ago let me add !!.
He went to Dogs where he instantly got them great success....but after falling short and having the Dog fans and media turn on him, was a humbling experience....in fact, Des looked like he didn't want to be there a long way before he was thrown off the pedestal.
It was what had him realise, he was always a Manly man at heart and this is the club that brings out the best in him and he brings out the best in this footy club....Des really looks comfortable at Manly and has always made fans feel confident, with his genuine competitive nature and fighting edge.
The thing I do love that Des brings to the table is Attitude and desire to succeed, more so than other coaches can and just on that, a bit over hearing about comparisons or bagging of other coaches, time to move forward and stay positive.
All 3 games have shown snippets of the Manly us fans have come to expect, this will only improve as the season progresses.
The 1 ingredient that has been most obvious is the desperation defence in the red zone has improved and if this continues to improve, have enough fire power to contend with most teams in this competition.

Just like the first two losses weren't the end of the world, we shouldn't get too carried away with one good win. Still a long way to go. I'm just glad the boys got a win - it'll do them all good, especially the younger guys who are new to the team. They've obviously been working hard and deserved the result.

Too late! I've been carried away and in Taupau style...... we'll win the comp after one win.

Look I’ll never forgive Des for what he took away in 2011 but I’m pleased he’s back as he truly understands the Manly spirit.

And the players know it.

Personally I forgave Des long ago. He was doing what he thought was best for him at the time and I can't blame him for that. What happened, happened and we can't change it.

But forgiving doesn't mean forgetting. I'm just glad he's finally found his way back home.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8