Des Hasler!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
45707284_10157865255352538_6788187247163211776_n.jpg

The thing about Des is that he is slated as a failure at the Dogs, yet took them to a Grannie and a number of finals. The other concern was that the game had passed him by with the boring last 2 years at the Dogs, and yet I saw some pretty risky expansive footy today. This bloke is far from a one trick pony. The other thing is the Manly effect, not just his effect on us, but our effect on him. I’m seeing his true blood, that courses maroon and white and a culture that he is comfortable with. This is his club, and he knows how to Inject our culture in players, and that is a very big deal.

Look I’ll never forgive Des for what he took away in 2011 but I’m pleased he’s back as he truly understands the Manly spirit.

And the players know it.
Like you I will never forgive what Hasler did to our club at the end of the 2011 season and the damage it did in proceeding seasons. When he was re-appointed I was lukewarm about it and I understand that he was the best option available.

I am very happy to see the team have such a good attitude and show commitment to our cause because the last 3 years especially has been painful to watch Manly continually fritter away games by not showing resilience and character. I feel like the old Manly is back and I think it reassures us all!

The thing about Des is that he is slated as a failure at the Dogs, yet took them to a Grannie and a number of finals. The other concern was that the game had passed him by with the boring last 2 years at the Dogs, and yet I saw some pretty risky expansive footy today. This bloke is far from a one trick pony. The other thing is the Manly effect, not just his effect on us, but our effect on him. I’m seeing his true blood, that courses maroon and white and a culture that he is comfortable with. This is his club, and he knows how to Inject our culture in players, and that is a very big deal.
Des did what he could with the dogs as they had a 6 and 7 that were not premiership material.

Like you I will never forgive what Hasler did to our club at the end of the 2011 season and the damage it did in proceeding seasons. When he was re-appointed I was lukewarm about it and I understand that he was the best option available.

I am very happy to see the team have such a good attitude and show commitment to our cause because the last 3 years especially has been painful to watch Manly continually fritter away games by not showing resilience and character. I feel like the old Manly is back and I think it reassures us all!

Yep, couldn’t have said it any better myself!

Personally I forgave Des long ago. He was doing what he thought was best for him at the time and I can't blame him for that. What happened, happened and we can't change it.

But forgiving doesn't mean forgetting. I'm just glad he's finally found his way back home.
Yes - I can't forget what he did BUT I am glad he is back!

The other thing is the Manly effect, not just his effect on us, but our effect on him. I’m seeing his true blood, that courses maroon and white and a culture that he is comfortable with. This is his club, and he knows how to Inject our culture in players, and that is a very big deal.
Outstanding Post, So bloody true!

Two grand finals

Well said and very true!

Before Des returned, I wouldn't have dreamt I'd ever forgive him for leaving us the way he did. However, I've now moved on. Tonight at the club (amongst many others) I went and shook his hand and welcomed him back. It was so good to see him back in the Leagies after a Manly win - I never thought I'd see the day again @:D

It was a family squabble. Des felt the board wasn’t giving him the credit for what he’d achieved and the respect he deserved. Remember the audit into how he ran the football team in which he was criticised for not working well with other staff and for his lack of succession planning. Family squabbles often get out of hand and end with someone storming off. Good families resolve their differences because what they share is greater than their hurt feelings. Remember that it wasn’t Des who ruined our 2011 celebration by announcing he was going to the Dogs. It was Greenturd.

Decoding Des: The rhyme and reason behind Hasler's second coming
SMH
By Adrian Proszenko

April 27, 2019 — 8.45pm

Des Hasler is gathering his troops together before they run onto Suncorp Stadium. It’s late in the 2017 season and things aren’t going to plan. Hasler’s Canterbury outfit is outside the top eight and speculation about the coach’s future, despite the ink still being wet on his contract extension, isn’t going away.

To make matters worse, the Bulldogs are about to tackle Bennett’s Broncos in one of the toughest road trips in the game. The knives were out for Hasler when the teams clashed earlier in the season, but Hasler somehow inspired a victory that saved his job. Now it’s on the line again.

As the players huddled around their coach, they know what is at stake. Not a word is spoken as they await Hasler’s final address. They were expecting something Churchillian. What they got was more Eminem.

‘‘He wrote a rap and rapped to us,’’ Bulldogs skipper Josh Jackson recalls with a smirk. ‘‘It was all about the game.’’

Fellow forward Adam Elliott was also taken aback.

‘‘He’s just a character Dessie; he can certainly surprise you,’’ Elliott says. ‘‘That’s what that did for the whole group. You don’t see that side of him too often, but when he brings that out, it’s a big lift for the team and everyone in the room who gets to be there.

‘‘I can’t remember word for word what he was saying, but I remember being in stitches after it. It’s something we still talk about now.’’

With Hasler’s harmonies ringing in their ears, the Dogs of War were unleashed.

What happened next, according to Jackson, was equally unexpected.

‘‘So he did the rap ... and we got beat by about 40.’’

The symbiosis of Hasler and Manly

There appears to be little rhyme or reason in Hasler’s methods. The injecting of calves blood. Concentrated shots of beetroot juice. Now that he is back at Brookvale, he has introduced the ‘‘wheel of misfortune’’. In further proof there is a lighter side to the game’s hardest taskmaster, players who turn up late to training or allow their phone to go off in meetings are forced to spin the wheel. Depending on where the wheel lands, players could be forced to wash Hasler’s car, pay a fine or even get off scot-free.

‘‘The Lord made one Des Hasler and then broke the mould,’’ league Immortal Bob Fulton says. ‘‘He’s different, he’s quirky, he’s loyal. He is a bloke who knows his stuff.

‘‘People warm to Des because he is what he is. He’s out there, a different out there. But he’s a real, genuine, decent person. That’s what comes through wherever he has been.’’

Story continues at link: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/de...d-hasler-s-second-coming-20190427-p51hso.html

Last edited:
:h:
Decoding Des: The rhyme and reason behind Hasler's second coming
SMH
By Adrian Proszenko

April 27, 2019 — 8.45pm

Des Hasler is gathering his troops together before they run onto Suncorp Stadium. It’s late in the 2017 season and things aren’t going to plan. Hasler’s Canterbury outfit is outside the top eight and speculation about the coach’s future, despite the ink still being wet on his contract extension, isn’t going away.

To make matters worse, the Bulldogs are about to tackle Bennett’s Broncos in one of the toughest road trips in the game. The knives were out for Hasler when the teams clashed earlier in the season, but Hasler somehow inspired a victory that saved his job. Now it’s on the line again.

As the players huddled around their coach, they know what is at stake. Not a word is spoken as they await Hasler’s final address. They were expecting something Churchillian. What they got was more Eminem.

‘‘He wrote a rap and rapped to us,’’ Bulldogs skipper Josh Jackson recalls with a smirk. ‘‘It was all about the game.’’

Fellow forward Adam Elliott was also taken aback.

‘‘He’s just a character Dessie; he can certainly surprise you,’’ Elliott says. ‘‘That’s what that did for the whole group. You don’t see that side of him too often, but when he brings that out, it’s a big lift for the team and everyone in the room who gets to be there.

‘‘I can’t remember word for word what he was saying, but I remember being in stitches after it. It’s something we still talk about now.’’

With Hasler’s harmonies ringing in their ears, the Dogs of War were unleashed.

What happened next, according to Jackson, was equally unexpected.

‘‘So he did the rap ... and we got beat by about 40.’’

The symbiosis of Hasler and Manly

There appears to be little rhyme or reason in Hasler’s methods. The injecting of calves blood. Concentrated shots of beetroot juice. Now that he is back at Brookvale, he has introduced the ‘‘wheel of misfortune’’. In further proof there is a lighter side to the game’s hardest taskmaster, players who turn up late to training or allow their phone to go off in meetings are forced to spin the wheel. Depending on where the wheel lands, players could be forced to wash Hasler’s car, pay a fine or even get off scot-free.

‘‘The Lord made one Des Hasler and then broke the mould,’’ league Immortal Bob Fulton says. ‘‘He’s different, he’s quirky, he’s loyal. He is a bloke who knows his stuff.

‘‘People warm to Des because he is what he is. He’s out there, a different out there. But he’s a real, genuine, decent person. That’s what comes through wherever he has been.’’

Story continues at link: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/de...d-hasler-s-second-coming-20190427-p51hso.html
:h: that’s is all.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10