Des Hasler - Next coach to be SACKED

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thought you were a great contributor till your unjustified attack on @Ryan in this thread, he TOO has an opinion and is a Manly supporter. Definitely no fraud!!!

There is history, and I contest your unjustified. He has called me a paedophile and a family basher simply because he doesn't possess the wit of an imbecile. Yes he has an opinion, it just happens that I have a very low opinion of it, depending on how many times he changes his opinion to suit the current mood. He is intellectually fraudulent.

I am sure in his own mind he is a Manly supporter, it is a shame he is not supportive, his disgraceful vilification of players is constant and demeaning.

I am sorry I have upset you, but I am over his bull****.

We were very, very good tonight, but man, the Bulldogs were terrible. They looked as woeful as they did before Des got there and temporarily "turned things around". Hard to believe that in all the time he's been there and with all the money that's been thrown his way he hasn't managed to buy or create a decent half.

There is history, and I contest your unjustified. He has called me a paedophile and a family basher simply because he doesn't possess the wit of an imbecile. Yes he has an opinion, it just happens that I have a very low opinion of it, depending on how many times he changes his opinion to suit the current mood. He is intellectually fraudulent.

I am sure in his own mind he is a Manly supporter, it is a shame he is not supportive, his disgraceful vilification of players is constant and demeaning.

That's terrible... If it's on silvertails then it must be true.. Cant talk to you anymore.. :)

We were very, very good tonight, but man, the Bulldogs were terrible. They looked as woeful as they did before Des got there and temporarily "turned things around". Hard to believe that in all the time he's been there and with all the money that's been thrown his way he hasn't managed to buy or create a decent half.
Dispirited they looked.
And there is no coach in the game that could be successful with the clueless excuses for halves that they've ended up with.
They seem to have given up on halves recruitment since they missed out on foreskin.
Doubtful they'll get Mr Brooks.

How many people think that the Souths result was influenced by the amount of defense in Round One against the Eels ? Like a horse having a strong hit out first up and then being flat next start.

Today's game was just surreal, the feeling at half time was that this was too good to be true .... expecting a team like the Dogs to come out firing... they had nothing. I don't think we should get carried away as the Dogs aren't the yard stick we should be measuring ourselves against. Something is not right there at the moment ... next week is the first big milestone in our season .... where are we really in this competition.

I sensed there was a flat spot as well in the first half .... just a period where you could feel that there was an opportunity for the Dogs to pick up some momentum .... we dropped off a few tackles and they had a few good runs .... Is that fitness or just a humid day with soft track taking it's toll ? (and some very generous refereeing)

One thing is for sure .... 9600 is not enough .... we need to make an effort to get to the game and pack it out. Make it jump.

Lets enjoy the win and enjoy the ride .... as the motto says .... Stronger Together. We may be different a little dysfunctional at times ... but we all share the same passion for our team.

How many people think that the Souths result was influenced by the amount of defense in Round One against the Eels ? Like a horse having a strong hit out first up and then being flat next start.

Today's game was just surreal, the feeling at half time was that this was too good to be true .... expecting a team like the Dogs to come out firing... they had nothing. I don't think we should get carried away as the Dogs aren't the yard stick we should be measuring ourselves against. Something is not right there at the moment ... next week is the first big milestone in our season .... where are we really in this competition.

I sensed there was a flat spot as well in the first half .... just a period where you could feel that there was an opportunity for the Dogs to pick up some momentum .... we dropped off a few tackles and they had a few good runs .... Is that fitness or just a humid day with soft track taking it's toll ? (and some very generous refereeing)

One thing is for sure .... 9600 is not enough .... we need to make an effort to get to the game and pack it out. Make it jump.

Lets enjoy the win and enjoy the ride .... as the motto says .... Stronger Together. We may be different a little dysfunctional at times ... but we all share the same passion for our team.
Me.
We were on the back foot because of ourselves and the ref and exhausted ourselves with too much defence reflecting in the following weeks effort.

Live and exclusive from the Kennel .........

Please everyone voice your concerns on Dogs Facebook and Twitter
Dogs management monitor and analyse sentiment etc of all relevant media about them.

If us fans fail to complain enough, if we fail to capture the attention of the decision makers then the demolition of our team today is going to be a case of "you aint seen nothing yet" because there will be plenty more of this to come under Des. 36-0 scoreline.

Tell me what more can it possibly take to show moron Ray Dib and our politically correct board that Des is totally incapable of motivating our players to put in an even half decent performance. How many years is it going to take for them to realise Des' methods have passed their use by date ?

There's plenty of coaches who have won Premierships who no longer coach because of exacty the same reason. They all expire eventually - some sooner than others. Des' product is ****ing rotten already.

Maybe Des is having a paid holiday at our expense and can't believe how stupid we are. There's no evidence in games that Des does ANY work at training sessions whatsoever. The players have no idea what to do with the ball, our halves can't kick or pass properly. WTF are we paying Des $1M a season for and there's talk of extending his contract ? What a ****ing weird sick joke our board are for a management team.

Proof des does not care about our team and club
Discussion in 'Bulldogs Discussion' started by top-dog, Today at 6:47 PM.

Best Posts in Thread

1. top-dogbulldog 4 lifePremium MemberGilded

This is proof that des does not give a **** about our club and team I saw this in the 35th min after manly scored he's sitting their laughing,I'm really furious and angry seeing this des it's no laughing matter u **** wit under no circumstances should he be laughing how pathetic he is did anyone else notice this.

http://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/i...does-not-care-about-our-team-and-club.105056/
typical dogs supporters they steal our coach now hate him not his fault Reynolds and mybe and kiccah and abby suck

Dogs management monitor and analyse sentiment etc of all relevant media about them.

If us fans fail to complain enough, if we fail to capture the attention of the decision makers then the demolition of our team today is going to be a case of "you aint seen nothing yet" because there will be plenty more of this to come under Des. 36-0 scoreline.

Tell me what more can it possibly take to show moron Ray Dib and our politically correct board that Des is totally incapable of motivating our players to put in an even half decent performance. How many years is it going to take for them to realise Des' methods have passed their use by date ?

There's plenty of coaches who have won Premierships who no longer coach because of exacty the same reason. They all expire eventually - some sooner than others. Des' product is ****ing rotten already.

Maybe Des is having a paid holiday at our expense and can't believe how stupid we are. There's no evidence in games that Des does ANY work at training sessions whatsoever. The players have no idea what to do with the ball, our halves can't kick or pass properly. WTF are we paying Des $1M a season for and there's talk of extending his contract ? What a ****ing weird sick joke our board are for a management team.

Hmmm.
Of course no mention of the fact their halves are sh*te.
But sh*te happens don't it.

Im pretty sure we have a history of clocking off with a big lead.
Good win though.

I'm pretty sure most teams do; and as the Fox commentators were saying during the game - when you get that far ahead and the result is beyond doubt, it's time to try things, push the passes, give the risky 'miracle' plays a go. Ball control drops off largely for that reason.

The other thing is, in any sport where there's an interchange bench used, the tempo and style of play are going to change to some degree or another depending on which players are on the field at any given time. Even if, say, your front row rotation are all of 'equal' ability (and lets face it, they're generally not), they're not clones of each other, and your starting props are also 'warmed into' the game when they're replaced; the replacements aren't. There are little tweaks and adjustments happening within the team all the time during the game.

TL;DR: these guys are all professional athletes, recently finished pre-season, are just about as close to 'peak fitness' as they get. Fitness not really a factor.

Last edited:
And the wingers involvement is 100% attributable to Barretts game strategy, as is having Siro and Winterstein hold their defensive structure at all costs.

We've gone into the last two weeks and most have thought our bench is a bit light on. I was surprised to look at the stats - Marty played the most minutes - but our four props and Jake gave quality in both attack and defence.
Sirro and Frank both played 80 without massive metres but only missed one tackle between them.
Hastings and Brown didn't get much time ( as did Lane last week ) so Trent has some vision of how he wants the boys to play and keep them on the same page.
Will be interesting to see how things go when Darcy is available, another that can cover lock and prop, does he keep the faith knowing he doesn't need to rush him back?
Chez mentioned in the post match interview last week after the Cowboys game that they had tweaked their defensive structure and admittedly the Dogs didn't throw alot at us but we kept them scoreless which is rare these days.

Will he last the week ?
The board had a meting after the last round, The game against Manly might of sealed his fate.

Type axe hangs over des hasler in google search will bring up the story in google
Being locked behind the telegraph paywall you need to go the back door route through google, click on the story link in google search should bypass the lockout of a paywall

Last edited:

Maybe you should use the ignore feature then? Saves you a heap of pain

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10