DCE .. The answer is nigh.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just another hypothetical but what if Croker played a Victor Radley type role at lock? There are a lot of similarities between the two (not just height and weight which are almost identical), with Jake at prop, DCE hooker etc We still have Jake and Croker doing most of the tackling in the middle, supported by DCE and a new halfback TBA Croker and DCE could share the dummy half role as well. Thoughts?

I'm happy the way they are .. just interested to see how DCE would go at hooker ...

And for mine what makes Victor Radley different is he is a mongrel .... I think Croker wouldn't have that bust your guts style ..

I'm happy the way they are .. just interested to see how DCE would go at hooker ...

And for mine what makes Victor Radley different is he is a mongrel .... I think Croker wouldn't have that bust your guts style ..
I'm also very interested to see that, but not if it detracts from our middle defence, and I think it will if we take Croker out of the thirteen. Perhaps the answer is to maintain the status quo but role-swap between Croker and DCE at various times in the match. I would also love to see Koula encouraged to take some runs straight out of dummy half.

But he'd stay on the park longer.

Without a doubt if Manly asked him to play hooker….. he’d be asking for a release 48 hrs later. DCE first, Manly second. Toovey was all about the team and winning, as was Des ( as a player).

And just a recap, considered asking for a release because his captaincy was in question and may be replaced by Jake or Tom.

I know off-topic, but how good has Radley made the Poms look in the middle. As long as he stays injury free, the Poms have got as good a shot at the title as us and the Kiwis.

DCE is a perfect 14, not a 9. He is craig wing like, that works best with tired defence. Not robust enough and has spent years avoiding the line, good hookers take the line on. His running game would be great if he chanced the whack and his extra kicking would be a very big plus , but not in the beginning of games.

but ive been keen to get him out of the 7 and get a player that gives us field position and structures, but now foran has gone Its tougher His kick game is just bog average routine, and gives us NOTHING but the odd 40/20

He certainly needs that go forward to be effective. Has anyone heard anymore about the Paseka rumour that was floated yesterday. I'm still banking on him finally having a break out season next year. DCE would need him to do that.

Gee , i can not see too many advantages in shifting D C E to a 9 role ,. Maybe would have been worth a look if say Foz could have covered a 7 role and Schuster or a more rounded Weekes could have slotted into a 6 role . Extra workload in defence , more restricted kicking game , still no guarantee that his attack would be any better there. Humphreries , more in the Ben Hunt mould may be an eventual consideration there but better to mainly stick with Froggy and Lawton as a back up in the short term .

DCE is a perfect 14, not a 9. He is craig wing like, that works best with tired defence. Not robust enough and has spent years avoiding the line, good hookers take the line on. His running game would be great if he chanced the whack and his extra kicking would be a very big plus , but not in the beginning of games.

but ive been keen to get him out of the 7 and get a player that gives us field position and structures, but now foran has gone Its tougher His kick game is just bog average routine, and gives us NOTHING but the odd 40/20
We'll see how good that works this weekend for the Kangaroos. In fact probably not as it's only Lebanon. Absolute weak decision by Meninga not to put Hunt in at 14 and drop out DCE.

That’s the issue,he doesn’t tackle better than he gets credit for.He once used to hit and stick,like Croker does to an extent.But the last 3-4 years,due to age and the amount of footy he’s played,he’s more of a hugger or Alan Langer type defender.He doesn’t put the body on the line unless it’s desperately necessary and you can’t afford to defend like that in the middle
He's usually one on one on the edge and we slide now rather than go up and in like we did in the past.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6