Dce out Hastings in?

• Thread starter Deleted member 26876
  • Start date
  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Honestly mate, full team (and right team selections), I think we are top 4 quality wise:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Blake Green
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (vice captain)
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Jackson Hastings (goal kicker)
10. Brenton Lawrence
11. Marty Taupau
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic (captain)

14. Lewis Brown
15. Addin Fanua-Blake
16. Nate Myles
17. Shaun Lane / Lloyd Perrett

beats most sides in my opinion. Depth wise, we SHOULD be ok, but in all areas apart from prop !! Then again, we are supposed to have a heap of big boppers in Blacktown, but Barrett is selecting backs and hookers on the bench - weird, but anyway
Good looking team there Ryan, but a couple of things.

1. Get rid of Lewis Brown, we just don't need a utility on the bench when we can slot sironen into numerous of the backline positions if we have an injury or we could move Hastings and slot one of the backrowers to hooker. I would rather carry four big units and have a proper rotation.
2. You always spell Addin's surname wrong it's Fonua-Blake. :)

I warned people about Green pre-season, and got ripped apart for it
I warned people about DCE pre-season, and got ripped apart for it
I warned people about Api (most agreed), but we have no replacement

That said, I'm going to judge the team round 4 and beyond, when we have some forwards to work with.

I watched a game this summer, that I recorded during the 2016 season, with Killer playing five-eighth and at the time I thought that Green must be a better player than I had ever noticed as many were saying how he was going to be important to our improvement in 2017. I really started to doubt that we would improve although I was hopeful and still am. Lyon had lost that speed off the mark in 2016 but was still a better five-eighth in his last year than anything I have ever seen Green do. So far, Kelly and Cullen have both impressed me more.

Green is decent - that's all he was ever going to be.
Green has predominantly been used on the left side of the ruck, but noticed he attacked a little sharper to the right edge, as he carries the ball in the right arm and has a good left fend which he used to score late against Eels.
DCE will improve in time - but 2 things.
1) He is a quality footballer
2) He is not a leader - Lacks the "War General" Aura we are missing
Needs those forwards to eat up more metre's and win some decent momentum in the middle 3rd to attack those right edges and out wide.
The Hastings instant fix is also too much expectation, but he will add that much needed enthusiasm ingredient, plus rev up the pack - and that alone is a massive boost....he can play - plus great all round kicking game....get him in ASAP imo.

Jake Trbojevic should have ALWAYS been our captain. Local junior. True leader. Consistent. Gutted by result. Bleeds maroon and white. Walks the walk, THEN talks the talk. Adds back to the local community. Great with the media (honest and real). Fans love him (Manly AND other teams alike - much like Beaver).

In comparison to those qualities, DCE is an impostor as captain.

Barrett made a massive, massive mistake giving the C to a player severely out of form, out of touch with fans, self important, Queenslander who has a history of being off side with legendary players of our club like Stewart, Matai & others.

DCE to the team is like Zorba to management. I bet they get along just great (Zorba / DCE I mean).

As an individual, a personality like jakes would inspire me to die in the trenches next to him. DCE's attitude would also rub off on me, and I'd not give a ****, as long as I'm raking in the $$$$. I know who I'd want as my leader.

Good advice
Well young Harry (why do I feel like Hagrid?), since we are offering advice, let me pass onto you the words of wisdom that my father passed onto me that have carried me through life. When at a urinal - give it two shakes and only two shakes, any more than that and you are just playing with it....in a public place no less.

Throwing this out there:

What happens if Hastings comes in, steers us around the park really well, and wins a game against the Cowboys in a solid fashion? What happens if he has chemistry with Blake Green?

Do we just throw DCE back in because he's DCE the next week? You literally couldn't play him in Blacktown.

What would we do?

Also come to the realization that @susan was right. We are sorely lacking a proper #9, and I can't believe we lost Parcell.
With only two props in the starting 17 it wouldn't matter if you played Margot Robbie at half .....
yes it would. We'd get 20,000 every game

What happens if Hastings has a blinder, obviously the 10mil dollar man would get his spot back but will have to produce a lot better than he has to keep the pressure off.

The problem with all this is that even if DCE didn't perform the coach and club wouldn't be able to relegate him because they'd look like fools paying so much to one player.

How many games did Parcell play hooker and Lyon play 5/8 with DCE?

That particular combination played just one single game together, the 30-18 loss to Canberra in Canberra.

Every other game Parcell started at hooker for Manly last year had either Walker, Pita Godinet, Matthew Wright or Api at 5/8. Api also played 2 games at halfback with Walker alongside of him when DCE was injured.

What happens if Hastings has a blinder, obviously the 10mil dollar man would get his spot back but will have to produce a lot better than he has to keep the pressure off.

The problem with all this is that even if DCE didn't perform the coach and club wouldn't be able to relegate him because they'd look like fools paying so much to one player.

Never say never.

If the club wants to. It will.

This year were playing with a salary cap 1m lower than other clubs.

If another club wants to take DCE for half his fee, it may happen.

Not saying it will. Just saying it can.

DCE is a quality footballer who will come good if things stabilise around him i.e a quality forward pack. JT couldn't succeed with an ordinary pack for years at the Boys.To suggest Hastings should be selected ahead of him is lunacy... give him a crack at Green or Apis spot for sure but he is simply not in DCEs class. I would like to see him at 9

No. It's not Harry. My generation went to a great deal of trouble to teach yoiur generation to question.
Always question.
Always be curious.
Now behave yourself and do as you're told! @;)@:D
I am a fucejn conspiracy theorist freak. I am not telling him not to question. I just thought it was so nice to have some non jaded believers on here for a change who fought and fought with excitement all off season against all the old guys and now after 2 rounds they have really seen the truth of the depth of the **** we are in ..... we will be back non feathered friend

Jake Trbojevic should have ALWAYS been our captain. Local junior. True leader. Consistent. Gutted by result. Bleeds maroon and white. Walks the walk, THEN talks the talk. Adds back to the local community. Great with the media (honest and real). Fans love him (Manly AND other teams alike - much like Beaver).

In comparison to those qualities, DCE is an impostor as captain.

Barrett made a massive, massive mistake giving the C to a player severely out of form, out of touch with fans, self important, Queenslander who has a history of being off side with legendary players of our club like Stewart, Matai & others.

DCE to the team is like Zorba to management. I bet they get along just great (Zorba / DCE I mean).

As an individual, a personality like jakes would inspire me to die in the trenches next to him. DCE's attitude would also rub off on me, and I'd not give a ****, as long as I'm raking in the $$$$. I know who I'd want as my leader.
TRUE!!!

I am a fucejn conspiracy theorist freak. I am not telling him not to question. I just thought it was so nice to have some non jaded believers on here for a change who fought and fought with excitement all off season against all the old guys and now after 2 rounds they have really seen the truth of the depth of the **** we are in ..... . Poor kid just found our Santa doesn't exist. We will be back non feathered friend

DCE is a quality footballer who will come good if things stabilise around him i.e a quality forward pack. JT couldn't succeed with an ordinary pack for years at the Boys.To suggest Hastings should be selected ahead of him is lunacy... give him a crack at Green or Apis spot for sure but he is simply not in DCEs class. I would like to see him at 9

Or green at 9 and Hastings at 6.

I'm confused.

In the last 2 weeks I remember 2 clear breaks from DCE.

I don't remember him looking like he's in pain or not running fast.

And didn't he say he's in the best fitness he's ever been ?

I agree, there is nothing to support DCE having a bung hammy. As far as I new, all was repaired in the off season, he is fit, and ready to go. The only thing that spooks me a little is his long kicking game seems to have diminished.

I expect him to play.

\

How many games did Parcell play hooker and Lyon play 5/8 with DCE?

Not sure how many games that combo played (wasn't anywhere near enough) - but the few games Killer played at 6, DCE looked like the DCE of old. Having a decent 5/8 beside him made a massive, instant difference.

Not sure how many games that combo played (wasn't anywhere near enough) - but the few games Killer played at 6, DCE looked like the DCE of old. Having a decent 5/8 beside him made a massive, instant difference.

exactly - a good team has a good spine and good pigs up front.

Last week we were short 4 pigs and that showed at the 20 minute mark and our hooker is not good with poor passing unfortunately.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10