Dce out Hastings in?

• Thread starter Deleted member 26876
  • Start date
  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Totally agree with Hastings in the halves and goal kicker, I know we have different views on Api; however, I believe this role is so important to get right. If we have Hastings and DCE in the halves, we just need someone who can give quick clean service from dummy half who is also a solid defender. For now, I would like to give Joey Lussick a crack at hooker with instructions to keep it simple and run when there is an opportunity.

I would like to see Billy Bainbridge come into the side permanently, initially from the bench, with a view to replacing Winterstein in the starting side later on. Lane should also be given a crack, which it seems he will, so let's see what he can do.

I would also like to see Brad Parker come into the side by mid year once he gets some lower grade games under his belt (post injury). If either Jorge or Uate are struggling, then he should be given a chance. He is tall, good under the high ball, and could give us a target to kick to on the wing - something we haven't had in a long time.

As for recruiting, we need a quality middle player, a good outside back (or two) and another hooker if Lussick doesn't work out. We will have plenty of dollars to spend next year - I'd say we will have more than any other team. Our recruitment for 2018 will be the most crucial in recent history - it will make us or break us, so we need to get it right.

Myles, Brown, Walker (his defence hasn't improved through-out his career - which is why Souths targeted him last week), Tafua and/or Uate, Lawrence (love him, but this should be his final year), Winterstein and Api should all be on the release list. Add that to the freed up cash from Snake and Matai and we are talking serious dollars even if we have to part pay-out some of these guys like Myles, Brown and Walker (although, I can't see Walker going until his contract is up).
I think Joey Lussick is definitely a better option than Cullen...at least Lussick is a full-time hooker rather than a half making a go of it. I like the Brad Parker option too...The only player I would keep on your "release" list would be Walker...I agree that he has some defensive weaknesses but he offers so much in attack and with good structures and a decent backrower inside him, he should be able the manage...Souths won a competition with him in the centres so I think the problem can be rectified. I do agree that he has some serious deficiencies in D though.

To compare apples with apples you would need to have Api passing to himself from dummy half and see how he goes with balls at his head or behind his back. Maybe the reason he looked good was the good quality ball he got from Parcell?

I like you apple analagy although i think it ignores the core problem. Parcell played games when cherry was half last year but that didnt improve his game. He is the classic blonde.

Cherry is a gifted player no doubt but you can not build a club around a shaky foundation. He is great to have in a winning team as he adds gamebreaker , but in no way sets a team up. He is second phase after the hard work is done. I Predict he will lose the captaincy within 2 years or immediately after a new coach comes to town

Look im not a bandwagon kind of guy. this cherry opinion of mine goes way back. I admire his play but never felt he could lead a team. Been saying it for years, hell even when he was touted as an up and comer on the sunshine coast i had my doubts and voiced them.

He tries hard he is a great footy player, and as we have him for decades i hope he becomes the player we all hope he could become, but id love to see cullen, hastings and barrett put some pressure on him so he finally thinks about his job as captain, leader,half back and signature player.

Often we hear its not his fault he is paid that much. Rubbish, he and his manager signalled his worth. He needs to repay his employer for his salary like everyone else. You judge every purchase by its cost is a fact of life. Manly paid it and that also says something about the person who wrote the checque but does not absolve the man himself

Lets put it this way if we tried to unload him, i wonder how many clubs would say hell yeah. Maybe if manly paid half his salary

To compare apples with apples you would need to have Api passing to himself from dummy half and see how he goes with balls at his head or behind his back. Maybe the reason he looked good was the good quality ball he got from Parcell?
I'd like to see Api on the Sunday Footy Show....in the passing competition.

Now that I mention that 2 things also come to mind;

1) can we borrow the passing competition 'board' from Channel Nine?
2) how do you play this game for 20 years and still not be able to pass?

Throwing this out there:

What happens if Hastings comes in, steers us around the park really well, and wins a game against the Cowboys in a solid fashion? What happens if he has chemistry with Blake Green?

Do we just throw DCE back in because he's DCE the next week? You literally couldn't play him in Blacktown.

What would we do?

What would we do, I guess it would just have to be DCE to lock with instructions to "tackle anything that moves"......;)

but the reality is DCE and Green with be the half and 5/8 FOREVER.....hasn't everyone noticed we have a football management that is unequivocally incapable of admitting in any way shape or form that they might have got something wrong......

I'm a bit surprised you dig Green, Wombat. You know your sh.t man. I'd go with:
6.Hastings
7.DCE
9.Cullen
?
Probably agree, but the club are not going to push one of their "star" signings aside very quickly.

Personally I don't want DCE at hooker either. But he could play there and he is big enough and tough enough to cope. He loves ad lib running, so it does suit a 9.
Until the coach gets his sh1t together, it won't matter anyway

Had enough of Api, he ain't improving. Had enough of brown he ain't improving. Had enough of Myles he ain't improving. Had enough of Bozo he ain't helping us improve by not releasing these un-improving, slow moving men
Oi ..... young fella ..... you and @Turbo1 apart from that nut job @BOZO were the captain positives here. I've already seen @Turbo1 go negative and as much as I do agree we are in **** you as the next generation of leaders must maintain the rage. Don't listen to us old ****s or become cynical stay positive. Manly RULE! We will be BACK!

I like you apple analagy although i think it ignores the core problem. Parcell played games when cherry was half last year but that didnt improve his game. He is the classic blonde.

Cherry is a gifted player no doubt but you can not build a club around a shaky foundation. He is great to have in a winning team as he adds gamebreaker , but in no way sets a team up. He is second phase after the hard work is done. I Predict he will lose the captaincy within 2 years or immediately after a new coach comes to town

Look im not a bandwagon kind of guy. this cherry opinion of mine goes way back. I admire his play but never felt he could lead a team. Been saying it for years, hell even when he was touted as an up and comer on the sunshine coast i had my doubts and voiced them.

He tries hard he is a great footy player, and as we have him for decades i hope he becomes the player we all hope he could become, but id love to see cullen, hastings and barrett put some pressure on him so he finally thinks about his job as captain, leader,half back and signature player.

Often we hear its not his fault he is paid that much. Rubbish, he and his manager signalled his worth. He needs to repay his employer for his salary like everyone else. You judge every purchase by its cost is a fact of life. Manly paid it and that also says something about the person who wrote the checque but does not absolve the man himself

Lets put it this way if we tried to unload him, i wonder how many clubs would say hell yeah. Maybe if manly paid half his salary
\

How many games did Parcell play hooker and Lyon play 5/8 with DCE?

As someone else suggested, Green could go to six. I really like the idea of DCE and Hastings in the halves. DCE has a great running game when he is on; in two rounds we have seen him make two clean breaks - last year he did bupkis, so having a genuine half next to him is helping this aspect.

I don't see Green as a running threat in the halves, so if one of these three were to move to hooker, then maybe try Green there (especially if Lussick is not able to get a run due to 2nd tier restrictions).
They won't move Green, and I think he will improve. He will be a decent organiser on one side of the field, but it will take some time to form solid combinations.
The team is coached like a busted, so blaming Green after 2 games is premature.

They won't move Green, and I think he will improve. He will be a decent organiser on one side of the field, but it will take some time to form solid combinations.
The team is coached like a busted, so blaming Green after 2 games is premature.
I'm not blaming Green at all, just looking for the right combinations in the three key roles.

Throwing this out there:

What happens if Hastings comes in, steers us around the park really well, and wins a game against the Cowboys in a solid fashion? What happens if he has chemistry with Blake Green?

Do we just throw DCE back in because he's DCE the next week? You literally couldn't play him in Blacktown.

What would we do?

Also come to the realization that @susan was right. We are sorely lacking a proper #9, and I can't believe we lost Parcell.

We all know to win these days your 1/6/7/9 need to be good, the rest just have to do their stuff.

We all know to win these days your 1/6/7/9 need to be good, the rest just have to do their stuff.

I warned people about Green pre-season, and got ripped apart for it
I warned people about DCE pre-season, and got ripped apart for it
I warned people about Api (most agreed), but we have no replacement

That said, I'm going to judge the team round 4 and beyond, when we have some forwards to work with.

No chance Green is moving
I warned people about Green pre-season, and got ripped apart for it
I warned people about DCE pre-season, and got ripped apart for it
I warned people about Api (most agreed), but we have no replacement

That said, I'm going to judge the team round 4 and beyond, when we have some forwards to work with.
Agree, except that I thought we had better depth this year?. Yet, here we are again, round 3 and once again we are lacking decent back up. 1 season maybe, 2 seasons WTF .... well ...... what can I say..... is there a pattern here?

Oi ..... young fella ..... you and @Turbo1 apart from that nut job @BOZO were the captain positives here. I've already seen @Turbo1 go negative and as much as I do agree we are in **** you as the next generation of leaders must maintain the rage. Don't listen to us old ****s or become cynical stay positive. Manly RULE! We will be BACK!
Good advice

\

\

There is food for thought on that for sure. I work on intuition rather than stats.not avoiding it, just admitting im way to lazy to look it up

Its cool fluffasaurus, our opinions differ and im no footy analyst. Id love for cherry to prove me wrong and would freely admit it and admire the personal growth he will undertake to do that. I wont eat my hat everytime im wrong or id have an amazingly high cost plumbing structure in my house. They are not an easy flush.

If cherry is to succeed his will need a control freak like des as a coach. If left unrestrained he will try his guts out, make some spectacular plays but never know what its like to lead a team , and to be chaired off the ground by his players in the big one.

One of lifes challenges is too truely know who we are as individuals. cherry may be a leader off the park, he seems very grounded and there is a lot to admire about the man. He needs to work out if he can gain the control, restraint, and the management to be an on field leader.

I think barrett has a lot of good coaching qualities but giving cherry too much freedom is not one of them.

Back in the day half backs used there gifts as surprise tactics. They played process,process, process and when the derence got lax , bang

No chance Green is moving

Agree, except that I thought we had better depth this year?. Yet, here we are again, round 3 and once again we are lacking decent back up. 1 season maybe, 2 seasons WTF .... well ...... what can I say..... is there a pattern here?

Honestly mate, full team (and right team selections), I think we are top 4 quality wise:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Blake Green
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (vice captain)
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Jackson Hastings (goal kicker)
10. Brenton Lawrence
11. Marty Taupau
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic (captain)

14. Lewis Brown
15. Addin Fanua-Blake
16. Nate Myles
17. Shaun Lane / Lloyd Perrett

beats most sides in my opinion. Depth wise, we SHOULD be ok, but in all areas apart from prop !! Then again, we are supposed to have a heap of big boppers in Blacktown, but Barrett is selecting backs and hookers on the bench - weird, but anyway

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8