Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Darcy Lussick V Hodges ..

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Hope that picture isn't an indicator of Darcy's form. Low left, mouth open...

Ron E. Gibbs

When these footy douchbags step into the ring as a last grab at relevance I'm always reminded of that time Quade fought the chubby kid from the milk bar.
God, that's even funnier than I remember. This was on yet another Mundine vs Green fight. Is it any wonder "the sweet science" is regarded as little more than a corrupt joke these days? Then again, the NRL is not far behind…

wombatgc

Sausage roll eating keyboard warrior.
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Words fail me ... this has to be the saddest most ridiculous thing I have ever seen in a boxing ring ..... and I have seen a few ....

A palooka decides to make his boxing debut in his mid forties against an ex professional footballer who is much bigger and much much fitter ... what could go wrong

Thanks @Woodsie . I started with that garbage, and as happens on YT kept going. But I have to thank you. 3 hours later and I just watched the Sonny Liston v Casius Clay heavyweight championship fight in Miami 1964.. Clay the challenger at only 22. Man, what a fight. To see that for the first time was worth the effort it’s gunna take to get my sorry arse through tomorrow on caffeine and three hours sleep.:eek:

globaleagle

SGF0IHJ1bGVzIGFsbCE=
Staff member
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Thanks @Woodsie . I started with that garbage, and as happens on YT kept going. But I have to thank you. 3 hours later and I just watched the Sonny Liston v Casius Clay heavyweight championship fight in Miami 1964.. Clay the challenger at only 22. Man, what a fight. To see that for the first time was worth the effort it’s gunna take to get my sorry arse through tomorrow on caffeine and three hours sleep.:eek:
It's always scary when one travels down the YT rabbit hole.

Go to bed! It's after 3am!

MuzztheEagle

2019 Tipping Competitor
Hodges has put his sparring partner in hospital:
Justin Hodges floors sparring partner ahead of Lussick fight
I'm not a boxer and so I'm not entirely sure what the aim of the sparing session was, but it looked like Hodges was meant to be working on his defence. Then it looks he got sick of getting punched in the face and floors the guy - who didn't appear to be expecting that sort of shot back.

maxta

Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
I'm not a boxer and so I'm not entirely sure what the aim of the sparing session was, but it looked like Hodges was meant to be working on his defence. Then it looks he got sick of getting punched in the face and floors the guy - who didn't appear to be expecting that sort of shot back.
I think the sparring partner was the milkbar boy 's younger brother - (photo above)...

wombatgc

Sausage roll eating keyboard warrior.
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Nothings changed. Still a cheap shot mothertrucker

brad

Hodges shouldn't be sparring 88 year olds , it just ain't right .

nightster

Well worn member
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
and which one was wearing the protective headgear?

globaleagle

SGF0IHJ1bGVzIGFsbCE=
Staff member
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Don't forget if you wanna see some grandpa's going at it, this fight is soon:

Anthony “The Man” Mundine is out of retirement and will step into the ring on Saturday night in a bout against Aussie kickboxer John Wayne Parr.

castle eagle

2019 Tipping Competitor

Anthony “The Man” Mundine is out of retirement and will step into the ring on Saturday night in a bout against Aussie kickboxer John Wayne Parr.

i wouldn't waste my time let alone my money on watching mundine fight

ALinda

Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor

@:rolleyes: I'd prefer to watch the grass grow at Brookie

Top Bottom