Cust vs Croker at 9

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Croker’s defence has been excellent the last three weeks and he really tightens up the middle and has made some desperate saves which have stopped opposition tries.

I’m not convinced about his service however, he has been sneaking more metres out of dummy half. Cust is far more dangerous out of dummy half however his defence is not at Croker’s standard. It’s not bad but just not as strong.
Cust has missed one tackle all year. Saved a try on Sunday too.

All we can hope for is GOD to make one more change to the side and have Cust starting.
This would give us so much more in attack.
Not wishing anyone any miss fortune.

Cust is signed for a couple of years , So is Lawton , Croker unsigned for next year , Croker most likely not get renewed but will get the spot in the squad this year , interesting scenario would think the players signed would be in front of Croker , It might all depend on Fainu outcome I’d imagine
Lawton and Cust are obviously part of Des' plans moving forward. 2021 is Croker's chance to prove his worth. Obviously Des is giving him every opportunity, and I guess a contract at the end of the year will depend on continual improvement at 9. Having said that, if Fainu is cleared, then most likely he will not be re-signed

des is still being an idiot giving croker 65 mins

i can understand leaving out cust for the starting half of each half. but at least give cust minutes 20-40 and 60-80 to carve up some tired defence

just hoping this is one of those 'weird des plans' (the ones that make you believe he is on the spectrum) where he isn't giving cust too much game time when it won't matter (i.e. 40 points behind or ahead as this year has seen) so that opposition can't study the tape, and then unleashes him in tighter games.

What happens when Lawton is fit? Obviously he will have a few games at Blacktown but if he impresses, what does Des do? Start Lawton and keep Cust on bench or is Cust the unlucky one? Des seems keen on Croker starting so maybe Lawton and Cust to fight out bench spot. Croker is definitely improving but he still lacks the zip that we would benefit from massively. I must admit he is awesome in defence!
I think he will wait until either injury strikes or losses come. He doesn't seem that loyal to Cust, so if losses come, he will more than likely drop out.

des is still being an idiot giving croker 65 mins

i can understand leaving out cust for the starting half of each half. but at least give cust minutes 20-40 and 60-80 to carve up some tired defence

just hoping this is one of those 'weird des plans' (the ones that make you believe he is on the spectrum) where he isn't giving cust too much game time when it won't matter (i.e. 40 points behind or ahead as this year has seen) so that opposition can't study the tape, and then unleashes him in tighter games.

Don’t forget we have been using an interchange with Tom which could be the reason Des is holding Cust back longer than normal. He also rested Jake last week.

Don’t forget we have been using an interchange with Tom which could be the reason Des is holding Cust back longer than normal. He also rested Jake last week.
good point

still, i'd have cust start over croker... but at least have cust for the back 30 of the game if only 1 interchange

Our Power go forward has helped Croker immensely....
His passing game is still mediocre at best, but pleased on the back of big runs has had a few scampers and not lost the ball.
Hid defence has been fairly solid for the most and I have no doubt this is why Des has him as first option atm....especially now there is more strike with Tom back and attack is firing, I feel Cust after 25-30 mins each half would add strike and in a tight game, Des may well pull the trigger....I hope.

Against the grain I know, and i am not a fan of Crockers by no means, but the resurgence of the team on the back of Turbo has also saw or seemingly saw Crocker improve out of sight.
Against the Titans and again the Tigers I was wondering how the hell is Des going to take him off, he was playing that well.... then crocker started looking a little more like.... well Crocker....and on came Cust.
So I'm not against Des using him as he has been the last few games and keeping him on longer while he is doing good things.

I wouldn't be surprised that early in the season DESpicable had instructed Froggy just to tackle and pass the ball.
He obviously has more skill than that, being a natural five-eighth, and when allowed to show some initiative he is proving to be a useful player.

Against the grain I know, and i am not a fan of Crockers by no means, but the resurgence of the team on the back of Turbo has also saw or seemingly saw Crocker improve out of sight.
Against the Titans and again the Tigers I was wondering how the hell is Des going to take him off, he was playing that well.... then crocker started looking a little more like.... well Crocker....and on came Cust.
So I'm not against Des using him as he has been the last few games and keeping him on longer while he is doing good things.
His last two matches have been probably the best he has played for us with the exception of the win against the Roosters last year. It's nice to see him playing well, given we are stuck with him for many weeks yet.

In many considerations in life I will do a "Pro v. Con" analysis of the problem. My answers are then weighed to give me a decision of "either, or".

Not trying to teach any one to suck eggs, but this has been and still is a viable business decision making tool.

When analysing two teams in this week's tipping contest, I will conduct this analysis of each team's players, with the "Pro" question being, which player(s) can win the game for their side.

I now ask you;

Do you think Cust or Croker could win the game for you?

Cust was re-signed out of desperation because of the Fainu debacle and us not having a real 6. In normal times it would not have happened and he would be playing reggies somewhere. He is not an NRL 9 or 6.

I'm not sure weeks will be an NRL standard half, and I have my doubts.

DCE will be gone after 2023 and we we seriously need a halves partner for Schuster then...if Schuster is to be a 6.

The way I see it our TOP priorities going forward are finding a future half and 9 if Fainu doesn't get off.

We can't keep playing this ":stop gap" game...it doesn't work unless there are solid plans in the pipeline.

Cust was re-signed out of desperation because of the Fainu debacle and us not having a real 6. In normal times it would not have happened and he would be playing reggies somewhere. He is not an NRL 9 or 6.

I'm not sure weeks will be an NRL standard half, and I have my doubts.

DCE will be gone after 2023 and we we seriously need a halves partner for Schuster then...if Schuster is to be a 6.

The way I see it our TOP priorities going forward are finding a future half and 9 if Fainu doesn't get off.

We can't keep playing this ":stop gap" game...it doesn't work unless there are solid plans in the pipeline.
Agree. I've already put a line through Weekes. I'm just not seeing anything that suggests ge will be an NRL player let alone NRL half. Hope I'm proven wrong but I wouldn't be expecting too much from him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4