Cust vs Croker at 9

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It’s a no brainer, cust has to be given a go and why not move DCE into hooker for a game or 2 and play cust as our half, after all he is a half, and our half seems off his game, maybe it could prove positive in more than one way, maybe rejuvenate his enthusiasm, couldn’t hurt to try. DCE might think otherwise and what change getting Des onboard? Yep I know bugger all. I’m cringing at the thought of this weekend and South’s will be salivating.
If there IS ill feeling in the team about DCE being paid a cart load of cash and contributing s**t all than it might help team morale to see him tacking his ass of in the middle of the field. It might even help DCE's game putting him under more pressure. He may not f**k up as often if he has less time to worry. He's an instinct player rather than a thinker and plotter. Cust at half has to be an improvement on what we've seen from Cherry over the past couple of years.

Ive been a Croker apologist for the last 2 years. Why? Well against Canberra in the early rounds of 2019 I thought he won us the game after DCE got injured and taken off. Does anyone remember his performance and that game?

And In my view there wasn't much between Froggy and Cust last year..i'm sure others on here disagree but that was how i saw it.

However Ive seen enough now and after watching Cust's aggression and passion yesterday at Blacktown I'm 100% behind Cust to be our 9 immediately.
Yep. I remember that game fondly. The Frog was playing 5/8 where he is suited.
It's my understanding that he'd never played hooker before, certainly not for an entire 80 minutes. I'm sure everyone would struggle in an unfamiliar position playing against Easts.
Yep. I also think Con needs to be brought in at hooker, but he too will struggle if he's expected to play the full 80 minutes. The option is to put Frog on the interchange bench, or use Foran or Jake as hooker at times to give Con a break. That could get Confusing (no pun intended) but the dual-hooker option did work for us when The Blade Runner and Api were in the 17.

Yep. I remember that game fondly. The Frog was playing 5/8 where he is suited.
It's my understanding that he'd never played hooker before, certainly not for an entire 80 minutes. I'm sure everyone would struggle in an unfamiliar position playing against Easts.
Yep. I also think Con needs to be brought in at hooker, but he too will struggle if he's expected to play the full 80 minutes. The option is to put Frog on the interchange bench, or use Foran or Jake as hooker at times to give Con a break. That could get Confusing (no pun intended) but the dual-hooker option did work for us when The Blade Runner and Api were in the 17.
Having both in the 17 means no Schu. Which I think is a very real possibility for this weeks side.

Neither are real hookers.

Our hooker can’t play and hasn’t played for what will be two years.

And we’ve bought a broken down hooker who can’t play until next year.

Oh , and we had a hooker ( who was **** ) but let him go.

And now we have a half , who should be playing for the Wee Waa Panthers playing hooker and another half , who can’t get a start but we reckon who should be playing hooker !!

Anyone else think this is a **** up of monumental proportions?????

Neither are real hookers.

Our hooker can’t play and hasn’t played for what will be two years.

And we’ve bought a broken down hooker who can’t play until next year.

Oh , and we had a hooker ( who was **** ) but let him go.

And now we have a half , who should be playing for the Wee Waa Panthers playing hooker and another half , who can’t get a start but we reckon who should be playing hooker !!

Anyone else think this is a **** up of monumental proportions?????
Hooker is not as important as you may think @Mark from Brisbane , they rarely have to touch the ball or tackle.

My side

1. Harper / Turbo
2. Saab
3. Suli
4. Walker
5. Funa
6. Schuster
7. DCE
8. Taupau
9. Cust / Rotation with Foran (14)
10. Aloaia
11. Jake
12. Davey
13. Saddler

14. Foran
15. Paseka
16. Haumole
17. Sipley (deserves it after Sunday)

Understand Dessie's faith but enough is enough. This team has go forward, better speed. Hopefully more heart. Saddler needs an opportunity, Jake needs to play a different role, everyone's got his number now.

I'd rather loose by 20 with this team than what we currently have.

My side

1. Harper / Turbo
2. Saab
3. Suli
4. Walker
5. Funa
6. Schuster
7. DCE
8. Taupau
9. Cust / Rotation with Foran (14)
10. Aloaia
11. Jake
12. Davey
13. Saddler

14. Foran
15. Paseka
16. Haumole
17. Sipley (deserves it after Sunday)

Understand Dessie's faith but enough is enough. This team has go forward, better speed. Hopefully more heart. Saddler needs an opportunity, Jake needs to play a different role, everyone's got his number now.

I'd rather loose by 20 with this team than what we currently have.
Saddler impressive in every game I seen of him

I still think Croker can do his job as our starting 9 for 20 minutes. He was definitely pacing himself last week as he knew he had to play the whole 80. He even said himself that he wasn't sure if he could!
Give him a job to go hard for 20 minutes and we might see a few scoots and a bit more energy. But after 20 we really need to bring on Cust to finish the game. I don't think Cust would play 80 effectively either so we probably need to stick with Croker as our starter.

I still think Croker can do his job as our starting 9 for 20 minutes. He was definitely pacing himself last week as he knew he had to play the whole 80. He even said himself that he wasn't sure if he could!
Give him a job to go hard for 20 minutes and we might see a few scoots and a bit more energy. But after 20 we really need to bring on Cust to finish the game. I don't think Cust would play 80 effectively either so we probably need to stick with Croker as our starter.
This is the obvious call unless you intend to play Schuster (or Foz) at 9...

we DO NOT have anyone capable of playing 80 (good) minutes at 9 so you need 2 players out of Cust, Croker, Foz and Schuster (unless ZDC or someone else is promoted which we KNOW will not happen)...

Croker did nothing on the weekend but I dont see how he gets replaced unless Cust comes in and Schuster or Foz are moved to 9 for 15-20min stints...

Des will be Des and stick with proven plodders, injury crocks and non performers until the season is f***ed. In other words watch for Taufua, Parker, Garrick, Croker, Cust, Gosiewski, Morgan, Foran to feature heavily while the likes of Schuster, Olakuatu, Saab, Ben Turbo, Tuilobotomy etc bench sit.
Fast forward and here we are.

Croker is the worst first grader to have such a long career I have ever seen. I really wanted him to surprise me this season, instead he has been even worse than expected.

He’s lazy in defence. When an attacker is standing with two guys on him nearby he just jogs back into the defensive line instead of coming in finishing the tackle and slowing the play down. His first contact is hopeless and his technique is all about throwing the opposing forwards towards our line on their guts for a quick play the ball. He doesn’t wrap the ball up and is often offloaded on. He is poor in kick pressure, his job should be to get into marker and pressure the halves on the last - like other 9s (who play for 80) can manage. He offers no line speed.

In attack he doesn’t attract the markers or get over the advantage line. He isn’t an offload target as he has no speed. He doesn’t seem to be able to serve the ball to wider running players. He encourages no leg speed from our forwards. He doesn’t scoot on quick play the balls. He passes too often behind the halves or above their heads. He hasn’t even offered a kicking solution to help Cherry and Foz.

the thing about Cust is that he looks like he will be a genuine first grader, which I don't think Croker does even after a lot of time and opportunity. So Cust has to be given the job, or at least a lot of minutes, and challenged to show what he has got to offer. Some errors may well follow but so will progress and improvement, and I really don't see either out of Croker who I think, unfortunately, is playing about as well as he can.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2