Cust vs Croker at 9

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
14 games
13 try assist
3 line break
36 missed tackles
10 errors
4 trys
4.2 runs per game
5 penalties
Can you show us dces stats for the same amount of games. Pretty obvious you didn't watch many dogs games but keep hating ;)

When Foran played he was always the best player for them. That is a fact! Surrounded by young players and no x factor what do you want him to do?
Same situation as dce he cant do everything on his own.
Look at the spine he had to work with and hoppa was out for a long period.
1. Hoppa
6. Foran
7. Wakeham, averilo, jack cogger
9. Marshall King

Thats a terrible spine.. hence last.

Now..

1. Turbo
6. Foran
7. Dce
9. Cust (fainu hopefully)

Two international players and origin players compared to complete duds. Stats aren't everything mate.. now imagine what he can do with the likes of turbo, dce and walker helping him. He is going to kill it for us, he just needs to stay healthy.

Last edited:
For next to nothing cap wise it's smart. But don't expect an 80min player. Expect an old, injury ridden player with mistakes in his game and IF you get better than that it is a win.

the missed tackles would rule out stints at hooker in my opinion.
20180618_234516.jpg

I was talking with someone who works with club in sports science team today and he said Croker was going to start as hooker .... also mentioned that it is not just Tommy T's hammy we have to worry about that his shoulder was a big concern too , Foran is going to struggle to stay on the field. On the plus side said he thought we've recruited well......

I was talking with someone who works with club in sports science team today and he said Croker was going to start as hooker .... also mentioned that it is not just Tommy T's hammy we have to worry about that his shoulder was a big concern too , Foran is going to struggle to stay on the field. On the plus side said he thought we've recruited well......
Wake me up in 2022

Really would not be so harsh on Croker , won't shirk the tackling in the middle , can be a busy player and play a useful role there as well . Won:t be the starting hooker if Cust is available and only the coaching staff no doubt would be aware of some plan B if Cust is unavailable . Surely have had enough opportunity to recruit or bring in another capable 9 by this stage , so maybe not ideal but just have to accept the present situation and just hope that things go well in Fainu "s availability in the latter stage of season 2020 .

avoiding another horrendous injury toll will be the key . still have the ability and sufficient strike power to be competitive . Just have to get some improvement in their defence also before they can be serious contenders .
What bothered me most about 2020 was that we pretty much just threw in the towel by the end of the season. Understandable, sure, but not what you want from a professional sporting team. The commitment to defence was non-existent. No trust in one another, no desire to win or even be out there. None of the hallmarks of a Des-coached team, which is a huge worry.

Really would not be so harsh on Croker , won't shirk the tackling in the middle , can be a busy player and play a useful role there as well . Won:t be the starting hooker if Cust is available and only the coaching staff no doubt would be aware of some plan B if Cust is unavailable . Surely have had enough opportunity to recruit or bring in another capable 9 by this stage , so maybe not ideal but just have to accept the present situation and just hope that things go well in Fainu "s availability in the latter stage of season 2020 .
Just noticed , of course meant season 2021 Oh well , just a three day discrepancy , things could be worse

What bothered me most about 2020 was that we pretty much just threw in the towel by the end of the season. Understandable, sure, but not what you want from a professional sporting team. The commitment to defence was non-existent. No trust in one another, no desire to win or even be out there. None of the hallmarks of a Des-coached team, which is a huge worry.
Have to give a bit of slack for some disjointed team line ups and inexperience but for sure the commitment and equally important urgency and awareness level was very poor . Plenty of competition for spots in most positions for 2021 so this should help but that competitive and determined edge has to be somehow revived or big trouble again .

I was thinking that this morning... now to read this my fears might come true :( cust must really be struggling to make an impact. Probably because he doesn't pass much

Predicted this a while back and in my opinion makes sense. Cust isn't an 80 minute hooker and shouldn't start, Cust will offer impact off the bench. All we need from Croker is to tackle hard, chase hard and give good early ball to our halves and let them create.Croker can and will do these simple things well... Bring Cust on as impact against tired defenders. I don't see starting Croker as a problem, I see the problem is if Croker or Cust are injured as we have no one else at the moment!

Predicted this a while back and in my opinion makes sense. Cust isn't an 80 minute hooker and shouldn't start, Cust will offer impact off the bench. All we need from Croker is to tackle hard, chase hard and give good early ball to our halves and let them create.Croker can and will do these simple things well... Bring Cust on as impact against tired defenders. I don't see starting Croker as a problem, I see the problem is if Croker or Cust are injured as we have no one else at the moment!
How do we fit Foran, Schuster, Cust & Croker into the 17? If Des scratches Schuster then we & he are fvcked!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7