Cronk?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Melbourne are intent on retaining all 4 of the big guns. With the Salary Cap increase and all other players not on the minimum wage offloaded they will do it. It will be 4 expensive players and everyone else on the minimum wage.

Remember, you heard it hear first!

I guess the beauty of Cronk is that he isn't tainted with that 'arsehole' label that is easily put on both Smith and Slater, which means he is an automatic fit for our team. He also has that "I've got time" look that really good players have, does imaginative plays, is tough and reliable. He would be as big a signing as when Ox came from Melbourne, and I would say even bigger. I've got my fingers crossed.

Ryan link said:
[quote author=Copa Eagle link=topic=183682.msg268587#msg268587 date=1277274874]
And if things work out nicely !
1. Brett Stewart
2. Michael Robertson
3. Steve Matai
4. Jamie Lyon
5. David Williams
6. Kieran Foran
7. Dally Cherry Evans or a huge signing in Cooper Cronk
With Farrar on the bench.

My nuts just sucked up into my belly at the thought alone mate ! ;)

[/quote]

Haha i love it how good would it be !

i was just thinking why would melb get rid of their half back??  do they have another 1 ..  i  now doubt it would be cronk that will leave but inglis & maybe slater after all they have that widdop(spelling)  coming through & he is a good young player .. he will be their new fullback..

Copa Eagle link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=183682.msg268594#msg268594 date=1277275339]
[quote author=Copa Eagle link=topic=183682.msg268587#msg268587 date=1277274874]
And if things work out nicely !
1. Brett Stewart
2. Michael Robertson
3. Steve Matai
4. Jamie Lyon
5. David Williams
6. Kieran Foran
7. Dally Cherry Evans or a huge signing in Cooper Cronk
With Farrar on the bench.

My nuts just sucked up into my belly at the thought alone mate ! ;)

[/quote]

Haha i love it how good would it be !
[/quote]what your nuts up into your belly ? lol

Inglis to Brisbane and the others to stay.  That's the mail.  The will not keep Finch and a brace of lower paid players.  That makes more sense than getting rid of the 'spine'. 

I can guarantee you Inglis is not on the priority list and will not be at the Storm next year.

The list for them in order is:

Slater - He is the Golden Child and brings in massive dollars from a marketing perspective
Cronk - Apart from Thurston, he is it. Better than Scott Prince
Smith - Good no doubt, but lets face it you dont need a brilliant 9 to win a comp, just a decent one.
Inglis - Centres dont win premierships and he will be the big loser out of this, unless an AFL club picks him up.

clontaago link said:
I can guarantee you Inglis is not on the priority list and will not be at the Storm next year.

Slater - He is the Golden Child and brings in massive dollars from a marketing perspective
Smith - Good no doubt, but lets face it you dont need a brilliant 9 to win a comp, just a decent one.
Inglis - Centres dont win premierships and he will be the big loser out of this, unless an AFL club picks him up.

He won a premeirship in 2007 didnt he - he ripped us apart and played a blinder - thanks for opening up old wounds

Rambo1987 link said:
[quote author=clontaago link=topic=183682.msg268685#msg268685 date=1277289171]

He won a premeirship in 2007 didnt he - he ripped us apart and played a blinder - thanks for opening up old wounds
[/quote]

but if they were a legal team would they have smashed us like that ,sorry im bitter :)

He'd be a great pickup and I think Foran would do really well with him as well. Melbourne really need to get rid of two topline players so he might have to go.

I'd go for Inglis to replace matai, as long as we hired Joey Johns to partner Tooves as the water boys. You think Matai can go off, imagine what Inglis could do if he had Joey whispering in his ear through the game.  :p

Seems for the papers today that Cronk has been offered 650K per season from one NRL club.  Hopefully that's not us. 

DSM5 link said:
Seems for the papers today that Cronk has been offered 650K per season from one NRL club.  Hopefully that's not us. 

I presume you don't think he's worth that to us. Who would you like to see at Manly for less?

Ryan link said:
Watched Cherry-Evans on TV last night - gee he was ordinary. We are in BIG trouble.
..lol ryan  if he can get a few games in before season end in 1st grade & a good off season training under dessie im sure he will be ok next year..

jjai link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=183682.msg268825#msg268825 date=1277345413]
Watched Cherry-Evans on TV last night - gee he was ordinary. We are in BIG trouble.
..lol ryan  if he can get a few games in before season end in 1st grade & a good off season training under dessie im sure he will be ok next year..
[/quote]

I recorded that game, and will re-watch it in case I'm being too harsh....but this guy won't be 1st grade prepared or ready round one 2011. He will need a LOT of support.

Plus, he just looked under sized, and slight - even for the QLD Cup.

But, whatever - this is what we wanted...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6