Cronk?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I disagree Clon, salary cap wise how can they keep Slater, Smith, AND Cronk (assume by this post you think Inglis is gione already...my money up here is it will be Brisbane).

I reckon they'll be forced to get rid of another of the big four,and I reckon they will want Seeyalater....and Smith is their captain, leader and primary go forward man....so I disagree, I'd be surprised to see them keep three, and I reckon we "might" just be in there in the hunt!!

To me in order of priority the must keep for the storm would be Smith, GI, Slater, Cronk.

Therefore Cronk would be expendable one of the 'big 4'

I think they'll let inglis go, Smith has 3 contracts to honour lol, slater is their lovechild and will stay. So if another of the big 4 have to leave then it might be cronk.

In saying that, didn't we just sign DCE and where does that leave him? A backstop in case we miss out on cronk? Is cronk going to the eels and we needed to sign a halfback in DCE? Or is it all BS and cronk stays in mexico?

my info is that Matai will not be with us in 2011, so maybe some more money about for Cronk. Like most here he would be a fantastic addition to our squad.

Des is well known for getting what he wants, if he wanted Hodko if would have got Hodko, so why did he not get Hodko, maybe some substance to this rumour!

A lot of what Cronk does at Melbourne is off the back of Smith and Slater and the combination he has there. I'm not saying he isn't a good player, but he looks good in that side because of the quality of player around him. Interestingly enough though, I believe that in Snake and Ballin we have two players that are the equivalent of Slater and Smith and there exists a very good possibility that Cronk could develop a similar combination at Manly with those little inside balls and chip kicks that he has going with Slater. Presuming Brett hasn't lost any speed he would rival Slater in terms of attacking ability, and whilst Ballin isn't quite at the Smith level just yet, I've been impressed with his work post Origin 1 and he is looking like growing as a footballer.

Cronk would be a fantastic signing, but the next 4 or 5 months is just going to rampant speculation on what Melbourne player is going where and I wouldn't be putting too much creed in any rumour surrounding them. If I was Melbourne I'd be offloading Inglis first, he doesn't have as big an impact as the other 3.

I think you are right Pete, why did the club let Hodko go so meekly.....I'd like to suggest that it was because they had a "Plan B"

"If I was Melbourne I'd be offloading Inglis first, he doesn't have as big an impact as the other 3."

Except when he plays for Queensland!!!

The Wheel link said:
To me in order of priority the must keep for the storm would be Smith, GI, Slater, Cronk.

Therefore Cronk would be expendable one of the 'big 4'
whilst i think inglis (when he's on) is the best out of all of them, infact the best player in the game.
but also think that the combo the other 3 (cronk, smith & slater) is more valuable to the storm. rather than just keep the best player in the game who only ever seems to play as good as he has too!
storm could survive without inglis, but not without the other 3 IMO

The NRL has made it clear that the storm team staying together is not acceptable, also the legal opinion that I have heard is that the storm must pay the highest contract with each player unless it can be proved that the player knew about the rort, and that they personally were breaking the salary cap. Since News seems really hesitant to blame the players my bet is that the storm will have to offload at least 2 possibly three of the big players to get under the cap.

Inglis will be the first to go, since he is easily the most expendable to the Storm, his impact week in week out down there is minimal. I think Smith is the core of the team and loosing him will kill the club, and I cant see them ever letting Slater go so its Cronk next.

Now on our side of the ledger, we still are running under the cap this year after Orford left us, not the whole 600'000 but a little from what I have heard, plus then you have the effective increase of 300'000 that happened this week, whatever we were paying Perry, Hodko, and possibly Mattai. All up I see us easily meeting Cronks price, even if it was twice the price of Hodko and then having some change for a few front rowers, possibly some of the melbourne young guns.

Corso_Pete link said:
my info is that Matai will not be with us in 2011, so maybe some more money about for Cronk. Like most here he would be a fantastic addition to our squad.

I hope that info is off the mark. Who are they looking at to fill his position, Farrar ?, Whare ? T-Rex ? I don't think any of those 3 offer as much as Stevie. Having said that though, if we lost Matai to get Cronk than I could probably live with it, presuming Brett is back on deck next year and fully fit / as quick it'd be worth the trade.

We could losed Terence Seu Seu ($50,000), Matt Cross ($50,000) Josh Perry plus the salary cup upgrade of $ 300,000, Keep Matai, and judge weather we need Farrar or Cronk ! I like Farrar though, but cronk would be good, dont know what to think !!!

If Brett's knees are as bad as most are saying, Matai is gone, Perry is gone, Hodko is gone we are going to look VERY thin next year...

01. Ben Farrar
02. Michael Robertson
03. Dean Whare
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Keiran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

is as good as it gets. Jesus, I hope Foran puts pen to paper soon...

Why AREN'T these players getting over the line (pen to paper wise)??

And if things work out nicely !
1. Brett Stewart
2. Michael Robertson
3. Steve Matai
4. Jamie Lyon
5. David Williams
6. Kieran Foran
7. Dally Cherry Evans or a huge signing in Cooper Cronk
With Farrar on the bench.

How good would Foran & Cronk look together in the halves....my god

Copa Eagle link said:
And if things work out nicely !
1. Brett Stewart
2. Michael Robertson
3. Steve Matai
4. Jamie Lyon
5. David Williams
6. Kieran Foran
7. Dally Cherry Evans or a huge signing in Cooper Cronk
With Farrar on the bench.

My nuts just sucked up into my belly at the thought alone mate ! ;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6