Cronk?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mark from Brisbane link said:
I could be wrong (and def no inside knowledge) BUT does anyone reckon we let Trent go without much of a fight BECAUSE something else was in the background?

And don't say Orford cause that isn't going to happen.

Would not surprise me at all to see him in Maroon and White in 2011, and wow what a signing that would be ;D ;D ;D

A lot of guy's on another forum have actually suggested this to me. They have said that Crusher and Dessie have never let a player go they don't want.

DUFFMAN link said:
He has apparently agreed to terms with the Eels @ $2,000,000 for 4 seasons
..  how could parra  afford him their CEO  couldnt even afford 49 dollars for groceries he just walked out with them now he is trying to fight a shoplifting charge..

Ryan link said:
[quote author=jjai link=topic=183682.msg268860#msg268860 date=1277348366]
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=183682.msg268825#msg268825 date=1277345413]
Watched Cherry-Evans on TV last night - gee he was ordinary. We are in BIG trouble.
..lol ryan  if he can get a few games in before season end in 1st grade & a good off season training under dessie im sure he will be ok next year..
[/quote]

I recorded that game, and will re-watch it in case I'm being too harsh....but this guy won't be 1st grade prepared or ready round one 2011. He will need a LOT of support.

Plus, he just looked under sized, and slight - even for the QLD Cup.

But, whatever - this is what we wanted...
[/quote]its not what i wanted ..  its just what we have to make do with lol..

Would 650k per season be the biggest signing ever?  I can't imagine any club spending that on one player unless the rest of their roster has no big names...

If it were 650 for 2 years then we'll take him!

he
eggson link said:
Would 650k per season be the biggest signing ever?  I can't imagine any club spending that on one player unless the rest of their roster has no big names...

will probably end up being an average player once he hasnt got smith  inglis & slater around him..lol

I'd take Cronk any day of the week, he's the only Melbourne player I can stand. Remember when those sooks were all balling their eyes out after the 40-0 raping? But Cronk was shaking Dezzy's hand and congratulating him. Character.

eggson link said:
Would 650k per season be the biggest signing ever?  I can't imagine any club spending that on one player unless the rest of their roster has no big names...

Isn't ****ing Jonathon ****ing Thurston on $750,000? Not bad for a bloke's whose only won a premiership by default in 2004

ha ha thurston will go down as the best player never to win a REAL premiership :) personally i dont rate him

Ryan wants his little mate back.  No player is worth 650K a season.  DCE will improve just like TH did.   

ERNIE FOR NO7 link said:
Forget how much room Manly has in it's cap. The club doesn't have $$ to spend all of it's cap.

That is a massive issue if we are that broke...especially if we have Lowe out there saying we'll sign Hodko if the cap goes up by enough - implying we actually do have the money. How far short are we?

Ant80 link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=183682.msg268448#msg268448 date=1277243097]
I could be wrong (and def no inside knowledge) BUT does anyone reckon we let Trent go without much of a fight BECAUSE something else was in the background?

And don't say Orford cause that isn't going to happen.

Would not surprise me at all to see him in Maroon and White in 2011, and wow what a signing that would be ;D ;D ;D

A lot of guy's on another forum have actually suggested this to me. They have said that Crusher and Dessie have never let a player go they don't want.

[/quote]..  i cant see why they wouldnt want matai  ::)

The Gronk link said:
[quote author=ERNIE FOR NO7 link=topic=183682.msg268984#msg268984 date=1277367359]
Forget how much room Manly has in it's cap. The club doesn't have $$ to spend all of it's cap.

That is a massive issue if we are that broke...especially if we have Lowe out there saying we'll sign Hodko if the cap goes up by enough - implying we actually do have the money. How far short are we?
[/quote]

Manly valued Hodkinson at something just under $200 k and I don't believe they would have offered him more regardless of their bottome line.

The reason I believe they kept saying publicly they might be able to resign TH for more than 2 weeks after they wished him farewell was because they were negotiating with DCE. His asking price would have gone up if it had been announced that TH was gone.

Isn't ****ing Jonathon ****ing Thurston on $750,000? Not bad for a bloke's whose only won a premiership by default in 2004

I wasn't involved in league in 2004 - What's the story here?

Thurston was apart of the 2004 Bulldogs premiership winning Squad, came off the bench from memory.

They had been over the cap the year before and lost all their points. They basically kept the same squad, paid them less and won the premiership. This is what the NRL pretends they are trying to prevent with Melbourne.

If they allow Melbourne to get away with out selling any of their big stars it would be a travesty, every Melbourne fan would then be saying - look the same team that one those two premierships is now under the cap so whats the big deal?

The problem is they were allowed to rort the cap not just now, but most importantly when the players were last negotiating a contract, that's when other clubs would have tabled offer and lost out, offers that would likely end up being more then reduced pay deals these players might agree to now so that they can stay.

I think a good solution to the whole saga is to have an independent NRL office set up to deal with contract negotiations, what it would do is collect and keep on record all offers given to a player, and then record the players decision. (It would not be involved in convincing a player either way.) That way alarm bells would ring straight away if a situation arose like in Melbourne, where a player is 'officially' on far less then they are being offered elsewhere. Someone at Canberra was suggesting this recently in regards to the Dugan negotiations, since they feel the Roosters are cheating to get him. The suggestion has been that they have way more free to offer him then the Roosters and he is still going so why?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4