• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The year before last we had to play $1.4 million approx under the cap while paying Brett Stewart and Matai and this year we've been playing under the cap by paying $550 to Myles and now we're suddenly having to offload players due to the $330,000 penalty?

Doesn't make sense unless we have a lot of backended contracts and bad management (which of course could be true).

IF this is true (and who knows with the media these days) it sounds like the situation we had in ?1989 when Doug Daley told the under performing Manly players that anyone wants out to go to his office. Dale Shearer took him up on that offer and Doug Daley said no. It was only for 24 hours or something like that. Shearer was furious and wanted out still and Fatty Vautin as captain backed Shearer up as all the players heard the offer. Shearer ended up going and Vautin had a contract offer at the end of that year halved. Of course it meant he left also.

That was a complete balls up and i hope we don't go down that same path.

If we are letting a few players go and don't have to pay Myles next year, i can't see why we have to let anyone go that we want to keep.
Very similar but possibly worse.

Lucky I don't manage the Turbos.

They'd be in red white and blue by 39 June.

They must get out.

Edit. Maybe I shouldn't manage.

Last edited:
How many times over the past 3 years in Barrett's press conferences, has he claimed we lost gas, lost momentum, but then couldn't match it with the opposition?

Penrith have had worse injuries than us including their key SOO halfback. They just manage it better.

From the eye yest, we look tired after 10 minutes. Our players are slumped over hands on knees after 15.

Injuries taken out of the equation, we look unfit and in slow motion. Our defense is slow and listless, our play the balls are slow and lazy. We are soft, to the core .

Absolutely mate. As I said fitness leading to lack of line speed and control around the ruck can be directly related to S and C. Unfortunately that has been compounded by bad luck with the type of injuries we have had that cannot be prevented.

If true dont blame him for getting out while he can.
Getting to the end of his career and better chance of winning a comp elswhere. Probably get more money too.
All the best Marty if you do leave, one of the few players putting in consistent good peformances

The things is this . If Trent does not start to build a winning culture then we will lose players to other club that will give them the opportunity to do so.

The salary cap era NRL is a cyclical thing, there will be ups and downs and that's just the way of things. For me the whole winning culture/losing culture thing is over rated at times, and I'll use the cowboys as an example, premiership and a grand final in the last 3 seasons, still the same people steering the ship, and they are tied with us so far this season. There isn't any cultural reason or anything like that, it just isn't happening for them this year

Could throw the Dragons in as well, McGregors results weren't anything to crow about the last few seasons, I could imagine how many pages the sack Mary thread would be on here if we had him, and they are currently running top of the table

There are a lot of things we could be going better, as there is with most clubs, but the troughs can tend to get over exaggerated a lot

Thanks everyone. I just wanted to get that off my chest because I've had veins in my forehead popping all morning reading some of the crap on Facebook from those who can't hear the truth through their rose coloured glasses lol.

Seriously, I am literally a poofteenth away from telling just about all the Manly supporter groups on Facebook that I'm in, and their bleeding hearts who only want to hear how great things are, to go jump on a dildo, preferably without the good oil if you get my drift.

Lol. I love the " not a true supporter " ****. People do what they can , and be who they are.and thats good enough . If your a manly fan , your a manly fan. You dont have to prove **** to other manly fans. Its not a competition although for some it appears it is. Sure some are more passionate , dedicated , resourced or whatever but never more inportant. Anyone who needs to promote there own self importance by diminshing someone elses contribution is more likely the issue to begin with anyway.
Todays casual fan could be a sponsor in a decade.

I applaud some of the efforts of some fans. I have seen some very dedicated people who blow me away. The humility levels vary though.

I used to do quite a few supporter tours until that rubbish infiltrated the thinking and was quite often counter productive to supporting the team and having a laugh. Oh i miss the days on the tours when everyone sat together unified against the evil melbourne empire

Be yourself mate, and dont let others insecurities or similar tarnish your experience

My garden shed
Is bigger than this
My garden shed is bigger than this
It has a door and a window, my garden shed is bigger than this
Manly, manly, manly. Aaaah the days

That outburst was for me. Loved those times. I remember my 3 yo son singing this to matty orford. He loved it. Matty asked him about some other teams and being the guy i am, the little guy had a word association word for every team. It was part of his early developement programme.
Brocos = soft
Cowboys= jelly babies
Storm =booooooo
Parra = whats parra

Im not a true supporter either mate, apparently but to be honest i dont really want to be

I'd say the thought of lining up against the best 2 packs in the nrl the next couple of weeks is a bit daunting for Marty.

Never did warm to him.

If this is at all true he'd be no great loss.

Does everyone remember the Arko - the man who had the highest of expectations for his beloved club?
ALL internal matters stayed behind closed doors and the standards were sky high, with players showing pride in the jersey, fighting to meet expectations and always gave 100% on the field win, lose or draw.
How times have changed, we look at various things lacking that are currently drowning the club, but I think always look to your front office - if it is lacking, often this translates to the footy field.

This latest scenario of player unrest is a true indicator.
Where there's smoke there's fire, so as much as the media love to put the boot in, seems fairly believable with these stories of players looking to get out of Manly.

There was a time players would run over hot coals to play at Manly, but now seems they would prefer basically anywhere else but Manly and on the flip side, we get rid of quality ppl who want to be here??.

When you look at a great like Toovey who bled Maroon & White, getting punted from the club he loves and in hindsight, done a damn good job.....there's ppl in high chairs making horrible decisions.

The DCE fiasco was plain dumb and the only reason there was a backflip, came about by poor negotiations which should have tied him up earlier for way less than the Crazy contract he ended up with.
Yet another poor decision that has put the club under massive pressure and created problems in the playing ranks and salary cap to boot.

Recently done a thread about this supposed rebuild, but its more a capitulation....maybe the place needs to be totally burnt down before this rebuild and seems well on the way.

The ONLY bright lights I can see at all are the T Bros, but how long can they maintain their obvious passion for this struggling club??

In the past have felt Barrett was unfairly blamed and a scapegoat for poor form, fact is after numerous post game rehash of the effort was there and 108 excuses, it all becomes predictable and boring with a lack of accountability and pretty much sums up the 2018 results so far.

I think we need to merge all these end is nigh threads into a single ‘Apocalypse’ thread.
Actually feel the club will turn around, not jumping off cliffs just yet.
There have been a few threads blaming coaches, players, tactics - was simply sharing an opinion of where the rot starts.

Ok so let’s say that the Mole has his once in a blue moon accurate comment and he does want out. Where does Marty stand with his ‘we will win the 2018 premiership’ prediction?

What a debacle. Surely we can't be in this much salary cap trouble over about $500K of TPA's ??

Anyway it's only the Mole, not like it's a reputable source.

Absolutely. The mole...lol.

But he/she/it knows that there's enough ill feeling from 'fans' at the moment from our run of losses that it's more than likely that it'll get published on some forum, I dunno, leading to a few more pages of angst.

emo's!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8