• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Barrett isn't going to wreck his reputation and prospects of being a long term coach by sabotaging Manly. He's just not up to the task at present. Finally getting it into his head to try a few fresh players like Tom Wright and Fainu (even if blocked by the malicious NRL). But too often he is reactive rather than proactive. He doesn't take the initiative when things are going wrong. You can see his structures are all over the place and its affecting the better players like DCE, TT etc. There's no clever combinations in attack. Even the Trbojevic's understanding is suffering. They just rely on the brute force of the forwards or the individual genius of a few of the backs. Even though they have won a couple of games this year well, its not because of structure, its because of the strength and cleverness of some players individually.

@Bearfax you just described Manly since 2016.

No structures, tries from individual efforts instead of team play and he's far too slow to react when things obviously aren't going right. Add in poor fitness and subsequently line speed which means poor defence and we really are a poorly coached team.

Barrett may be a good bloke, but as a coach he is failing miserably.

Barrett and those two other pretenders Cartwright and Ferris need to go.

At what point does the results driven clause come into play with these two?
And that is the thing which annoys me the most
The high heads in management and coaching positions are not being held to account because they all staked everything on TB being successful which has blown up in there faces.
If the results driven clause was ever brought out then they would be admitting they got the 2V's sacking wrong which will never happen.
Finally noticed how quiet the penn's have been over the last couple of months not a word when we need them most they go hiding.

Last edited:
https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2015/07/29/decision-made-with-heavy-heart-penn/

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Chairman Scott Penn says the decision to terminate Geoff Toovey’s coaching contract at the end of this season was one made with a ‘heavy heart’.

Although contracted as Head Coach for 2016, the club has decided to honour Toovey’s contract in full until the end of next season in recognition of his legacy to the Sea Eagles for almost three decades.

Penn said it was a difficult decision but one made in the best interest of the club’s future.

“Geoff is a legend of the club, a life member and one of our longest serving players. It is obviously an emotional time for our fans and for our players,’’ Penn said.

As a club, we are a results driven business. We live and die by our results on the field. 2015 has not been a season we are used to. The thought of potentially missing the finals after Ten years of consecutive Final appearances is not a place we want to be as a Club.

“This year we have been conscious of making decisions based on our results. Ten weeks ago, we were on the bottom of the ladder, both of our halves were leaving, and we didn’t have a lot of hope for the future.

“I had a frank conversation with Geoff in March to say we are going to be watching results closely this year. We don’t want to make any rash decisions but if the team is not performing as we want to, you and I are going to have to have a tough conversation. Unfortunately, we have had that tough conversation.”

Been looking for this article for ages and I found it.
This is an extraordinary article for today so my question is simple
Penn so we are a results driven business too in 2018 we live and die by our results?
We as a team are not performing so are you watching TB closely?
The hypocrite Penn you have been found out my friend
You need to go!!

If they are better coaches.....lord help us.

I'm not religious so can someone else kneel in prayer?
I tried that, tonight. And I'm being serious. That's how much I wanted a win. Hence to say the almighty kicked me right in the balls, again.

https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2015/07/29/decision-made-with-heavy-heart-penn/

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Chairman Scott Penn says the decision to terminate Geoff Toovey’s coaching contract at the end of this season was one made with a ‘heavy heart’.

Although contracted as Head Coach for 2016, the club has decided to honour Toovey’s contract in full until the end of next season in recognition of his legacy to the Sea Eagles for almost three decades.

Penn said it was a difficult decision but one made in the best interest of the club’s future.

“Geoff is a legend of the club, a life member and one of our longest serving players. It is obviously an emotional time for our fans and for our players,’’ Penn said.

As a club, we are a results driven business. We live and die by our results on the field. 2015 has not been a season we are used to. The thought of potentially missing the finals after Ten years of consecutive Final appearances is not a place we want to be as a Club.

“This year we have been conscious of making decisions based on our results. Ten weeks ago, we were on the bottom of the ladder, both of our halves were leaving, and we didn’t have a lot of hope for the future.

“I had a frank conversation with Geoff in March to say we are going to be watching results closely this year. We don’t want to make any rash decisions but if the team is not performing as we want to, you and I are going to have to have a tough conversation. Unfortunately, we have had that tough conversation.”

Penn so we are a results driven business too in 2018 we live and die by our results?
You need to go!!
Send him the article to his direct linkedin.

You need to go!!

why don't we all copy this and send it to penn, I think if the club got enough it might be mention it to him..??

Perhaps they are doing the job they were hired to do. Destroy the team, win the spoon and alienate the fans so that the club can be moved without complaint to somewhere where the advertising revenue will be higher.

Luckily the football club still has final say on that.

Which might be why ZtH, in doing Donald J. Penn and Don Jr’s bidding, has been more conciliatory towards the club in some of his recent utterances.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6