• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What is giving me the $hits right now, almost as much as the way the club is being run and the team is playing and being coached.....are the rose coloured glasses wearing, everyone should get a trophy types on social media with their "Support the club" rhetoric who try to shout down anyone who expresses their opinions on the piss poor way things currently are.

Of course we bloody well support the club. That is why we get upset and/or angry when things go like they are currently. But I'm getting rather PO'd (especially with a number of Manly supporter pages on Facebook) at being told by these nobodies that I'm not a true supporter if I dare to criticise.

That's why I prefer Silvertails. When things are bad like they currently are, for the most part (not always), we can criticise the team, the coach, the club and not get told we're not true supporters. I've been a Manly fan for 36 years and in that time I've seen the good and the very good, and I've also seen the bad and the very bad, but I have never stopped being a fan nor will I ever even consider it. Don't try to tell me I'm not a true supporter of the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles.

What is giving me the $hits right now, almost as much as the way the club is being run and the team is playing and being coached.....are the rose coloured glasses wearing, everyone should get a trophy types on social media with their "Support the club" rhetoric who try to shout down anyone who expresses their opinions on the piss poor way things currently are.

Of course we bloody well support the club. That is why we get upset and/or angry when things go like they are currently. But I'm getting rather PO'd (especially with a number of Manly supporter pages on Facebook) at being told by these nobodies that I'm not a true supporter if I dare to criticise.

That's why I prefer Silvertails. When things are bad like they currently are, for the most part (not always), we can criticise the team, the coach, the club and not get told we're not true supporters. I've been a Manly fan for 36 years and in that time I've seen the good and the very good, and I've also seen the bad and the very bad, but I have never stopped being a fan nor will I ever even consider it. Don't try to tell me I'm not a true supporter of the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles.
Here Here! If ure not passionate u dont care. Fire up bro. (And Go Manly)

That’s it and leader of that chorus is third party agreement granny who it’s worth noting is also legally representing Dylan Walker’s sister on the murder charge. Just because you don’t accept this rubbish and you are asking for change doesn’t mean you love this club an less. This I’m
A better supporter than you and nut hugging is horse ****

It’s also worth mention these fans sprouting a lot from this if you don’t support us in bad times like this don’t support us in the good times mentality were no where to be seen in 2002-2004 when the clubs survival was on the line. Yet they have had a hide to call people expressing there opinions now as bandwagoners. Hypocrites

What confuses me is if the Penn's are so concerned for the Manly club to the point where they refuse an injection of money and co-ownership with a Middle Eastern business, why isn't he showing that commitment by addressing the mess we are in at the moment. Is it that they don't want to be seen giving up and handing over the duties to another group (but not Norths, please). The Penns need to make a decision about their involvement with the Sae eagles. They either have to pay full attention to the club and address the issues proactively or sell up and hand the club over the another franchise. This, I want to keep control of the club but don't want to be involved in running it arrangement has to stop. Get involved or get out.

Last edited:
Our management would have to be completely and utterly clueless and totally inept to allow a player like Taupau out of his contract voluntarily so it will never ever happen. We'd be even further down the yellow brick road towards obscurity if that was the case.

Actually....hang on...….hmmmmm…...standby....I think I see the Tin Man up ahead. .

Thanks everyone. I just wanted to get that off my chest because I've had veins in my forehead popping all morning reading some of the crap on Facebook from those who can't hear the truth through their rose coloured glasses lol.

Seriously, I am literally a poofteenth away from telling just about all the Manly supporter groups on Facebook that I'm in, and their bleeding hearts who only want to hear how great things are, to go jump on a dildo, preferably without the good oil if you get my drift.

I agree with everything said . . .
and yet we turn around and beat two of the best-resourced clubs in the NRL - Brisbane and Melbourne!
How can our performances differ so much so quickly?
I don't know if we use a psychologist but I'd be sacking our fitness coach who has presided over a staggering injury toll and utilise his salary to pay for a shrink!
Even if our bodies are weak we should have strong minds.

The inconsistency is what gets me - you're right!

To be fair, whilst fitness may be lacking which can be attributed directly to S and C/ Fitness staff, majority if not all our injuries have been fractures and breaks (aside from ACLs), not soft tissue injuries - essentially all injuries you cannot condition players to prevent. There hasn't been any hamstring strains etc. When luck isn't on your side it really isn't on your side!

The year before last we had to play $1.4 million approx under the cap while paying Brett Stewart and Matai and this year we've been playing under the cap by paying $550 to Myles and now we're suddenly having to offload players due to the $330,000 penalty?

Doesn't make sense unless we have a lot of backended contracts and bad management (which of course could be true).

IF this is true (and who knows with the media these days) it sounds like the situation we had in ?1989 when Doug Daley told the under performing Manly players that anyone wants out to go to his office. Dale Shearer took him up on that offer and Doug Daley said no. It was only for 24 hours or something like that. Shearer was furious and wanted out still and Fatty Vautin as captain backed Shearer up as all the players heard the offer. Shearer ended up going and Vautin had a contract offer at the end of that year halved. Of course it meant he left also.

That was a complete balls up and i hope we don't go down that same path.

If we are letting a few players go and don't have to pay Myles next year, i can't see why we have to let anyone go that we want to keep.

rubbish. There is no way we would ever consider releasing Marty, one of the best in the game. ran another 180m on weekend. We are low on stock in the front row as it is and props are demanding massive dollars at the moment, look at paulo and boyd earning 700-800k and they are crap. Always happens when we lose a few games, i bet we win a couple and the media stop trying to write this nonsense looking to sell headlines.
Green anyone? If a player wants out they’ll get out. All they have to do is lay down at training , don’t turn up, make it untenable. Whether we want to release him is irrelevant in the modern game.

I have no idea if this story is true, probably a beat up, but regardless of the player that’s how it works these days.Thr players hold all the cards when they want to leave and the club when they want them gone. Just how it is. Contracts mean nothing if one party decides they want out.

Tapau left Tigers early, Kelly left Titans early. So many examples these days. It’s sad but if Marty wants out he’ll be gone like all the rest of them.

Last edited:
Ah, the old Taupau wants out story that he has knocked on the head many times

If a guy was fuming and wanted out, would he be putting in the effort he has been lately, and also stating he doesn't want to represent his country so he can help that club ? Must be serious though if his team mates are ringing the mole to let him know

Must be due for the follow up "Walker wants out" yarn we've been hearing for 18 months now
The things is this . If Trent does not start to build a winning culture then we will lose players to other club that will give them the opportunity to do so.

Moneyball Evans should be the first out the door, if he asks.

Got to say a little indifferent to Taupau, wants out let him go. At this staged we really really need players willing to bleed for each other and the jersey. A united team is the only way out of this, we don’t need mercenaries...
Sorry mate but Marty is one player that does bleed for this team! He's our best forward & player week in week out. He has some penalties & errors in him but i think this comes from frustration & trying too hard to cover for other players' inadequacies! If we lose Marty, Walker & Kelly we may as well shut up shop! We ain't gonna find replacements of their caliber anytime soon!

Sorry mate but Marty is one player that does bleed for this team! He's our best forward & player week in week out. He has some penalties & errors in him but i think this comes from frustration & trying too hard to cover for other players' inadequacies! If we lose Marty, Walker & Kelly we may as well shut up shop! We ain't gonna find replacements of their caliber anytime soon!
If we lose Kelly we will fall apart LOL

The inconsistency is what gets me - you're right!

To be fair, whilst fitness may be lacking which can be attributed directly to S and C/ Fitness staff, majority if not all our injuries have been fractures and breaks (aside from ACLs), not soft tissue injuries - essentially all injuries you cannot condition players to prevent. There hasn't been any hamstring strains etc. When luck isn't on your side it really isn't on your side!

How many times over the past 3 years in Barrett's press conferences, has he claimed we lost gas, lost momentum, but then couldn't match it with the opposition?

Penrith have had worse injuries than us including their key SOO halfback. They just manage it better.

From the eye yest, we look tired after 10 minutes. Our players are slumped over hands on knees after 15.

Injuries taken out of the equation, we look unfit and in slow motion. Our defense is slow and listless, our play the balls are slow and lazy. We are soft, to the core .

To sound like a broken record...the Mole has no agenda at all with this....
1. Where is the source? Which player manager? 3"offers" are quoted which means it has to be a manager
2. Moles relationship with Hastings clearly has no part in this.....
3. If the club and player deny this, a number of times, at what point do these gutter journos have the obligation to stop printing the sotries?

G'day all,Just out of curiosity can anyone tell me when we last heard anything about anything out of Scotty?
cheers mike

I think the back story to this saga began a few weeks ago.
The dayTB gave up some of his coaching power to Dce and most likely Jake (Hastings debacle) was the day when things became ****ed up.
When a teammate puts **** on another team mate and the coach backs them publicly ??.......well, " that's f....d !!
No matter how you rationalise it, players know how truly f....d that is.
"Culture,!....what culture.
losing games we should have won,! A team that plays for each other doesn't let that happen.
When you lose the tendency is to blame each other.
When Taupau said, "im just trying to do my job the best i can do"?
Wake up TB that sounds like something you say when your shopping yourself around.

Trent has f....d up big time, the only way he can truly resolve it is to make decisions that will actually make a difference, forget reputations go with your gut feelings. revisit
the Hastings block out....after having a quite chat with DC and Jake to clear there heads.
We start winning and how we win can change everything

Last edited:
The year before last we had to play $1.4 million approx under the cap while paying Brett Stewart and Matai and this year we've been playing under the cap by paying $550 to Myles and now we're suddenly having to offload players due to the $330,000 penalty?

Doesn't make sense unless we have a lot of backended contracts and bad management (which of course could be true).

IF this is true (and who knows with the media these days) it sounds like the situation we had in ?1989 when Doug Daley told the under performing Manly players that anyone wants out to go to his office. Dale Shearer took him up on that offer and Doug Daley said no. It was only for 24 hours or something like that. Shearer was furious and wanted out still and Fatty Vautin as captain backed Shearer up as all the players heard the offer. Shearer ended up going and Vautin had a contract offer at the end of that year halved. Of course it meant he left also.

That was a complete balls up and i hope we don't go down that same path.

If we are letting a few players go and don't have to pay Myles next year, i can't see why we have to let anyone go that we want to keep.

And to this day, Dale Shearer stats that he should never have left Manly and actually tried to come back!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8