• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This mess is simply due the 2016 rebuild being shortsighted;

1) Buying overpriced players that other teams will partly fund for a period(s). Lane, Perret, Uate, Sirro. Cheap current year(s), then they unravel.
2) Paying overs to retain DCE on money that future immortals don't even earn.
3) Installing a rookie controllable coach from Penrith. No DCE mean's no Trent if I recall the press at the time. Winner winner there.
4) Rotating CEO's diminishing contract governance (BOZO either had 3 monkeys approach, or was an engineer of some sort).

We don't know what (if any) back end deals are in that mix, but given the TPA scandal is forcing pressure on the cap in 19 as well, we can probably safely assume they exist.

With all that, I don't blame any premium player from wanting out of the rabble we are rapidly becoming.

It's what happens when you try to build castles on sand.

Thanks BOZO.
As a passionate Manly supporter like you I can understand your disappointment and feel your pain in the way our club is going at the moment but to put the blame on the Incomparable Immortal is not right.
The Incomparable Immortal has always been a winner and has never failed . Others have failed him .

Last edited:
The thing that really S ...s me is that the club arent doing anything to shut all this down. Our club is in crisis, yet nothing from Penn and Co. Us the supporters need and demand some sort of response from the top. After all ,we pay for our memberships

Everybody is preoccupied with the appeal I expect. A lot of uncertainty but I expect this will go th Court so there is a long road ahead.

Where there is smoke, there is fire. I heard Taupau was being shopped a little while back. He is on massive coin and although he makes good metres, he is a mediocre defender (especially for a player with his strength). He also throws and/or runs sideways when the rest of the team's attack is getting into shape for the next play. It's not something that the average punter notices, they just watch him run hard and equate that to a positive for our side. The reality is that taking the tackle, finding your stomach and playing the ball quickly when the backline is set for a play is sometimes more important.

I am not suggesting that his charges are useless, they are often fantastic, but too often he goes lone-ranger and mucks with the set-up of our plays, particularly in the opposition 20m zone. I personally would not be surprised to see him at the Roosters or Sharks. I would prefer we keep him but with the cap situation, the club will more than likely not stand in his way.

Haha, another constructive, passive aggressive post.

@davohan123 and Moops, I should have been more specific with the quoting. The comment 'well aren't you a hero' was only in relation to the last line of the opening post;

'And yes I said all week warriors by 13 +'

Got what it deserved I thought.

@davohan123 and Moops, I should have been more specific with the quoting. The comment 'well aren't you a hero' was only in relation to the last line of the opening post;

'And yes I said all week warriors by 13 +'

Got what it deserved I thought.
No worries at all
I really hope this week we can get within 20 of the dragons this could be anything this week if we are not careful

How I see it.....

Our squad is top heavy with 5 players taking the lion's share of the cap. Trbojevic x 2, DCE, Walker & Taupau. We possess little speed in the outside backs and on the edge, we are void of a quality 5/8 and we lack depth in the engine room. If we don't move on 2 of our top 5 players, we are in for years of pain until those players decide it's best for their own careers that they move on. We keep them all. We fail. We sell a few. We fail quicker.

We need to build around our best back - Tom Turbo who is on 900k.
We need to build around our best forward. Jake Turbo who is on 750-800k.
We are stuck with DCE because no one will take him off our hands for 1.3mil a year. We would have to pay him 400-500k a year for the next 5 years to play elsewhere. That makes little sense.

So that brings us to Taupau and Walker. I love Taupau's go forward, he runs for over 150m a game and his off-loading ability is second to none. But for mine, he's an easy sell. There are clubs lining up right now to take him for his full wage. Is he really invested in the Manly culture, or does his #TeamKapow hashtag say it all?

Now to Dylan Walker. Again, a super athlete and certainly our only outside back with genuine pace. Only thing is he is quite injury prone & when he's in the side, rarely gets clean ball. His main contribution is hit-ups, not finishing. Therefore, he is easily the most expendable (on-field contribution wise) of our top 5 players.

We play a squad full of youth next year. We are already unable to spend 330k due to the salary cap fine so it's not like we are a chance to win the comp anyway. Let's not pretend we are happy with coming 8th. Burn next year for long term gain. Find out who's up to it, who's not. Then selectively recruit to fill every hole one by one until we are premiership material again. Unfortunately, the days of buying a premiership are over...

Never intimated that Bozo......just saying he's one of the brighter lights this season along with Marty & Lane. Just my opinion mate.
Fair enough mate, We all have our opinions, evaluations , expectations and favourite players .
The moral of this story .....
One mans rock is another mans diamond

ob_fc55f8_dylan-walker-manly.jpg

Gotta say I have been a big DCE fan but he is disappointing me big time this year. Either he is not following the game plan or there isn’t one to follow. If he won’t follow it he is a liability and a very exoensive one. I’d love to know what’s really going on.

How I see it.....

Our squad is top heavy with 5 players taking the lion's share of the cap. Trbojevic x 2, DCE, Walker & Taupau. We possess little speed in the outside backs and on the edge, we are void of a quality 5/8 and we lack depth in the engine room. If we don't move on 2 of our top 5 players, we are in for years of pain until those players decide it's best for their own careers that they move on. We keep them all. We fail. We sell a few. We fail quicker.

We need to build around our best back - Tom Turbo who is on 900k.
We need to build around our best forward. Jake Turbo who is on 750-800k.
We are stuck with DCE because no one will take him off our hands for 1.3mil a year. We would have to pay him 400-500k a year for the next 5 years to play elsewhere. That makes little sense.

So that brings us to Taupau and Walker. I love Taupau's go forward, he runs for over 150m a game and his off-loading ability is second to none. But for mine, he's an easy sell. There are clubs lining up right now to take him for his full wage. Is he really invested in the Manly culture, or does his #TeamKapow hashtag say it all?

Now to Dylan Walker. Again, a super athlete and certainly our only outside back with genuine pace. Only thing is he is quite injury prone & when he's in the side, rarely gets clean ball. His main contribution is hit-ups, not finishing. Therefore, he is easily the most expendable (on-field contribution wise) of our top 5 players.

We play a squad full of youth next year. We are already unable to spend 330k due to the salary cap fine so it's not like we are a chance to win the comp anyway. Let's not pretend we are happy with coming 8th. Burn next year for long term gain. Find out who's up to it, who's not. Then selectively recruit to fill every hole one by one until we are premiership material again. Unfortunately, the days of buying a premiership are over...

Is Tom really on 900k? Damn lucky DCE is taking the heat cause Tom ain't worth that!

Barrett needs to appoint Jake as captain and Hasting needs to be selected at 9 this week.

Jake will be the future NSW captain but he needs to start captaining the club now. There is too much negative press with DCE and the club needs to show some balls by making some tough decisions. Another decision they need to make is reinstate Hasting to NRL side.

Barrett needs to realise that his job is to coach a winning team and if he is not up to it then the owners should sign someone else who can do the job and also be willing to make the tough decisions.

The owners should put everyone (coaching staff, players) on notice that they need to stop all the negative press about the club immediately otherwise they will be left with a club with no sponsors, members and following. Our club is an absolute basket case at the moment and the owners should take some responsibility as well. If I owned a business and my employees were causing negative press, I would be giving them a warning and should it continue, just tear their contact up for bring the club in disrepute.

The coaches job is to try putting a competitive team on the paddock with correct game plan (preferable more than 1 J) and the players job is to execute the game plan (s) and try achieving a good result. At present there are only a few players who can hold their head high while the rest seem to be there for a pay packet.

I think it is time we wiped the slate clean and start afresh. Let’s build a team around the Trbojevic brothers as they are our future.

Penns have run the club so thin and it shows. No Manly legends in the irganization anymore. Lost the connection to the Manly history.
Being saying this for years no one has twin me seriously but now people are just waking up to fact that penn and co have destroyed this club we all love.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6