Cricket World Cup 2019

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
II thought nz played really well.

Compared to the last time they played AUS in a world cup.

Good win. Went to bed when Maxwell got out, thinking we may have blown it. But great job by Carey and Usman to get us a competitive total. Then to see Starc and Behrendorf do the business again bodes well for the finals.

A couple of great catches by Guptill and Smith too.

Very good batting from England.
Thought the commentary was tough on old mate
who took 5-69, yes was expensive in the last cpl of overs, Bumruh? takes 1-44, and their praising him like
some kind of Demi-god.
Work tomorrow, so can’t watch the rest. But 338 runs and history says the Poms will win this one.

Are India allowing and England win to deny Pakistan their chance for the finals? Or does politics not enter these two cricketing teams?

England win and although India score over 300, it was painfully slow in the final few overs. Their first 6 of the innings only coming in the last over and they are deservedly being boo'ed by their fans in my opinion. Maybe I was right and this was an 'effort' to make Pakistan's final chances that much more difficult. Surely not..but still, the go slow was there.

Great batting by Roy and Bairstow - they really set England up for a big total - Indians pulled it back in the middle overs but Stokes finished it off strong. They should have got 350 plus but 337 was enough in the end

Couldn't rely on the Indians to do us a favour and kill off the Poms, can the Kiwis deliver ?? Basically the Kiwis vs Poms is now a semi final play off - lets hope they do the business. We would then play Pakis in first semi presuming we beat South Africa

I’d like to see the kiwis knock over England, giving Pakistan a sniff, then Bangladesh go nuts, flog them and sneak into 4th spot.

What a shame to see the West Indies playing so shiit. What they wouldn’t give for a Richards, Lloyd, Haines, Garner or Holding.

Windies have some talented cricketers - just not big on application and effort. Lifestyle of travelling the world playing hit and giggle T20 comps is just too cruisy.

I don't know about pitches etc but England got 305 which seems like an obtainable target in this age of cricket, however NZ are 5-128 (at time of typing) and the run rate is at 8 an over at the 30 over mark.

So it's going to be a struggle I think for NZ (Williamson run out). Fingers crossed as I'd still prefer Eng to be out of the finals...but I don't think that is going to happen.

Bugger, make that 6-for 128. What's happening???

All over red rover!

Interesting, unless you're from the great country of New Zealand, then you might be a little miffed.

It was too much to ask for that the Kiwis would do the cricket world a favour. If Williamson doesn't fire then they look like also rans. Their bowling wasn't the best to start but they fought back into it - more to do with the pitch slowing down I think. Was Fergo injured ?? because Southee wasn't that great. Didn't see the Kiwis bat so don't know if the pitch got harder to play on or whether it was just poor batting.

Anyway they are now a big chance of missing out as their NRR has taken a pounding. Pakistan knock over Bangers by enough then they go through.

EDIT - just read that Pakis have to beat Bangers by over 300 runs to jump Kiwis. That clearly ain't going to happen. So it'll be an Anzac battle for one semi.

Last edited:
Ferguson had a groin issue so sat out

Have done what we needed to do, and into the big games now

Don’t mind going in as a huge underdog, Guptill and Taylor are due so hopefully at least one of them finds something

^ Agree Mr Kiwi. A team doesn't all of a sudden start to play like rubbish. It's better to do what NZ are doing then this effort by Australia in the nets.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/crick...n/news-story/4a56b462feec120cb178dec4c88a9a97

Shaun Marsh has been ruled out for the rest of the World Cup and Glenn Maxwell remains in doubt for Australia’s upcoming clash with South Africa after a brutal net session left them with injured arms.

Maxwell and Marsh were both sent for scans on their arms following a training session at Old Trafford, just two days out from the game.

Maxwell was first collected by a Mitchell Starc short ball, resulting in a blow to his right forearm. Marsh replaced him in the net, only to be struck down by a Pat Cummins ball that hit him on the right wrist less than 10 minutes later.

The double blows capped off a nervous hour for Australia, after Steve Smith hurt his finger fielding and Jason Behrendorff also needed minor treatment following a similar injury.

What a nice little Aussie fiesta we have tonight. Will be flicking between the cricket and Ash Barty.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6