Cricket World Cup 2019

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cummins bowled well. Starc no real swing. Bowling depth is being tested. If they are 100-150 when kohli comes in we’ll be chasing 350

Oops.

India post a big score (352) and it looks like being a bridge too far for Australia. At the moment its 82 from 39 to win.

Good bowling from India kept Australia pinned down and they just couldn't up the run rate in that 25 to 30 over mark.

Carey doing his best atm (30 from 13) but...

Zampa and Coulter-Niles first spells were rubbish, that's what cost us the game. - plus our fieding was a little below expectation I thought.

Got to hand it to India though, they have some quality cricketers in taht side

Go Canada!

Ah wait....

Nice catch by Stonis today. I haven't seen enough of him to know whether he deserves his spot or not. Feels like there's better options out there.

Though I think that about Maxwell all the time as well.

I'm no Kohli fan but it sure seemed classy what he was doing today; asking the crowd to stop booing Smith and going to shake his hand.

Stoinis injured and Mitch Marsh brought into squad as cover. That's a blow - unless by some miracle Marsh can deliver. I assume they give Richardson a run tonight against Pakistanis. I'd like to see Gazza get a go tonight and Zampa to have a rest

We need someone to do an Andy Bichel from the 2003 World Cup - an unlikely hero to do something with bat and ball to give us some edge

Stoinis injured and Mitch Marsh brought into squad as cover. That's a blow - unless by some miracle Marsh can deliver. I assume they give Richardson a run tonight against Pakistanis. I'd like to see Gazza get a go tonight and Zampa to have a rest

We need someone to do an Andy Bichel from the 2003 World Cup - an unlikely hero to do something with bat and ball to give us some edge
Let’s just hope the rain holds off... I’m loving cricket on tele when there’s no footy on

Fuuck,what looked like a 350 total, we dont even bat out the 50. 307. How many more chances does Maxwell get?

Man I thought he was under-rated. Was rarely brought on to bowl but every time... wicket. Can't remember the captain (taylor...waugh..?) but as 12th man 19 times, sheesh.

I often wonder if eligibilty rules should be changed for cricket. I mean only the top 11 in the country get to play but they make it 4 years or so if you want to go elsewhere. Too long.

That said

Pakistan 6 -163 so far in response. A mini collapse happening after the 3rd wicket fell (to Finch of all people..lol)

Gee, Australia should keep bowling Maxwell. After all he's only going for 8 an over and now the RR required is basically the same as the current RR.

Amazing how some players have the golden 'get out of gaol' touch.

Of course Riaz, who averages about 14, is almost Pakistan's highest scorer at the moment on 45!

Aust review a not out caught behind with 1 second left and ultra edge picks up a nick!

Starc finally gets Riaz.

3 balls later Starc gets the new batsman and Pakistan are 9 down.

Pakistan all out when Maxwell (lol) runs out Afridi who was backing up. A good effort I must say to regather the ball, throw and hit the stumps.

Aust win and hopefully that helps the net run rate a bit.

Man I thought he was under-rated. Was rarely brought on to bowl but every time... wicket. Can't remember the captain (taylor...waugh..?) but as 12th man 19 times, sheesh.

I often wonder if eligibilty rules should be changed for cricket. I mean only the top 11 in the country get to play but they make it 4 years or so if you want to go elsewhere. Too long.

That said

Pakistan 6 -163 so far in response. A mini collapse happening after the 3rd wicket fell (to Finch of all people..lol)
Bichel couldn't crack the test side - but in fairness we had a decent bowling line up in those days Pigeon, Dizzy, Binga, Warney, Macgilla. He and Kasper were always on the fringes but always delivered when picked.

Good win last night - batting collapse at the end was a bit of a worry - we should have got 350+ with the start we had. But 300 is always going to be tough to chase down and Pakis are known to be flaky. Not usually a big Maxwell fanboi, but every team needs that X-factor player that can turn a game with a crazy innings. Like it or not he's ours so we just have to hope he fires when we need him.

That's true. It was a pretty good bowling line up.

India v New Zealand should be a good'un.

Note: It was strange coming over here where 'Paki' is seen as a racist term. Learnt pretty quickly.

New Zealand v India - match abandoned due to rain.

Well, that sucks.

Bangladesh v Sri Lanka also abandoned due to rain.

Sri Lankans did well there at the end of our innings. Still 33 is a fare target.
I’d be dirty if I was stuck in front of the trombone and trumpet players all game!
.....those clouds are getting greyer by the minute.

Last edited:
A bit uncomfortable for awhile, but once the breakthrough was made, Australia win!

India and Pakistan coming up soon. (12 hours or so).

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2